Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Shop mechanic
 Post subject: Seattle locals volunteer and planning
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:01 pm 
OK- I think we need to start getting set up on who's up for volunteering and planning, and also get a reasonably certain commitment for anyone willing to admit house guests and couchsurfers.
I've been in contact with Benjamin from Sqream, and he said he would be happy to meet with us and discuss planning, since he's been doing plenty of it.
My wife said somebody could stay with us- I only have one bathroom and 4 people already, so probably 2 people max, but I have a two car garage so stuff will be secure.
I'm also looking into something to help with some funding for any expenses that come up- are we interested in one of our local members doing a t-shirt design?
Do we want to try to get donations from local businesses for a raffle or something?
Any gas cards have been mentioned as well, it would be great if we could maximize this without taking money away from the other events we wanna do.
Like to hear any other general ideas anyone has, we have a year to brainstorm and narrow down our ideas, and present an organized and fun CON 09!

Here is a link to a google map where we will be posting (approximate) locations of Seattle members http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102375421743806115273.000454e5ed30b7dd107c1&ll=47.606626,-122.319717&spn=0.118052,0.299377&z=12
gomi_

Last edited by g0mi_0taku on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:15 pm 
i don't know if anyone voiced this idea yet, but for the gascards i suggest designating one member, whose paypal account all the money would be directed to. then, the member would buy gascards and send them out to groups of riders. we can decide on how much/how many people and such details later. i can contribute at least $10-20 every month. should be $100-200 by the time of the CoN.

besides donations, i can help with generating ideas and solve issues. the only factor that has to be kept in mind when delegating some issue-solving to me, is that in don't know much about seattle and area, except for the fact that A LOT of roads are 35MPH.

so, let's start bringing up things that need to be taken care of. the person overall in charge (jason? gomi?) should start making a list of those things, and then disseminate the issues to other volunteers for solving. some of them will have to be solved on the group level.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 pm 
gomi, count me in. i can help in some capacity. PM me and lets figure it out.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:33 pm 
I can host 3 at my pad in Lake Stevens, and once I know the date, I wanna grab a cabin or two at Flowing Lake for peeps - 15 minute Ruck ride from the Hue Jass pad. They sleep up to 5- would imagine 4 comfy, 55 a night. So that's 10 at least for me....
Flowing Lake is in the middle of the Hue Jass cruz....
Make sure to bring a tent..... just in case...

I have a garage and driveway space and can take over my in-law's garage too... down the road if need be.
Got a "man" fridge too..... with 'lots o beer'.....

Oh... and I went to culinary school and worked professionally for a few years... so bring an appetite....

peace!!

HueJass Build

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:46 pm 
If we need signs/banners or any printed materials, etc., I work for a reprographics company so I can get whatever we need pretty cheap, if not free.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:15 pm 
KoleBigEars wrote:
If we need signs/banners or any printed materials, etc., I work for a reprographics company so I can get whatever we need pretty cheap, if not free.

Senor Jazzone is the only artist I know.... What ever happened to Jabeco?

Betta get busy Jazz.... :wavehello

HueJass Build

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:05 pm 
Im in Tacoma, so im down to donate!!

Admin
Admin
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:32 pm 
TurtleSpeedRuckus wrote:
Im in Tacoma, so im down to donate!!

You still have the best avatar name for this site EVER. 8)

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 pm 
^raising a hand to toastblows. :banger:

I got room for a couple trucks w/trailers or 4-5 trucks/vans. Lodging a little tight, but a couch and deck, and floor space,tent space; Hot shower etc. Also know a "new" motel/INN right down the street. 89.00 a night. stayed there one night during the heat wave. Basic but clean clean. Ill work em for discounts etc as we get closer. Cabins lodges houses b and b's etc are great ideas, start thinkin bout it. NWcon?
We'll have to have some rides i mean meetings to really share ideas.

T

:banascoot

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:33 am 
I'm looking for some input from the artists in the group. Not only for a possible t-shirt design for CON 09, but also for a fund-raising project to enable some of our ideas. PM me.
And yeah, we should probably get some of us together to get an early start on at least a "brainstorming session" or something. If anybody has a good idea for a day and time, throw it out there. I'm off Wed/Thurs/Sun this week and next, then Fri/Sat/Sun the two weeks after- though I'm going to the fair this Sunday.
We can also come up with ideas for any "sponsors" or donors for this event.
gomi_

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:33 pm 
I will talk to the people at work and see if I can just get any banners, posters, stickers whatever done for sponsorship...probably all they would want is the company logo on the posters and it to say donated by...

I actually talked to one of the sales people today and she seemed excited by it and said she would hook me up. Sooooo let me know if you want to use us/me.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:53 pm 
i can do some design/art stuff. let me know what your think or what you need.

have you guys thought of routes yet?
id like to hit up broadway, queen ann, west lake are a near down town. alki beach maybe, have a BBQ. maybe hit up the eastside. i think the downtown area would be a good place to spend alot of time with all the piers and water front. oh and the u district.
just my thoughts. oh and north somewhere. troll bridge gas works park etc.

LilRedRidingHood wrote:
....It is like travelling through time.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:20 pm 
I was thinking of some ideas.
Seattle, like Rome, was built on 7 hills. Want to visit them all? Plus we'd have to make sure to visit a good landmark or photo op spot on each one.
Lake Washington Loop was a hit when WAN was here- and we can do it again.
Coffee Shop tour- original Starbucks at Pike Place Mkt, Kapow coffee (ride the SLUT t-shirts) and Motore' Coffee (owned by a friend, scooter oriented cybercafe) Plus all the "bikini" coffee shops...
gomi_

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:21 pm 
KoleBigEars wrote:
I will talk to the people at work and see if I can just get any banners, posters, stickers whatever done for sponsorship...probably all they would want is the company logo on the posters and it to say donated by...

I actually talked to one of the sales people today and she seemed excited by it and said she would hook me up. Sooooo let me know if you want to use us/me.

This is good. And I think we'd be happy to advertise if we get that kind of service!
gomi_

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 am 
I like the idea of touring all 7 hills.

Perhaps, as it gets closer to the time, we can see how many folks are interested in doing a HueJass ride; as it would be a shame NOT to do at least one day up there.

Some places of interest include:
The Arboredum
Broadway/Cap Hill/that ride down 15th that spills out into Roanoke (by the Hebrew school, in the ravine)
Discovery Park
Alki Beach
Fremont Ave/Leary - The Troll and Lennon Statue
Market St/Ballard Ave
Golden Gardens
Carkeek Park
The Sound Garden/NOAA
Pike Place Market
SAM/Hammering Man
Volunteer Park/SAAM/Donut Statue
QueenAnne/other Donut-Like Statue w/ awesome view of Space Needle
Space Needle
Waterfront
Green Lake

...just brainstorming...

"HollyWood's Sister"
NEWest Ride -2011 Ice Blue Vespa LX150ie
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks
CoN 2009 - Seattle, WA Co-Host

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next