Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:28 pm 
Do you have a motorcycle license? I would suggest bicycle shorts for your longer rides. They have padding built in.

viewtopic.php?t=79886

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: 2004 honda met from Anaheim to orlando 2600 miles
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:48 am 
took the MEt on a 150+ mile ride will post pics this weekend

'07 Zuma 125 never topped out
'05 Vespa ET4 70mph tucking

"All I want is a fat b*tch with a name belt that say "glitter" on it."

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:27 am 
My $.02.... I like guns as much as any other red blooded American but I would keep it at home if I were you. We've had multiple people go cross country on their scooters and they all managed it without carrying. Whether you plan to or not you're going be relying on a lot of help from strangers and those interactions probably go smoother if you're not carrying. You're also going to have more interaction with the Police because you're going to stick out like a sore thumb and will peek their interest, adding a concealed weapon to the mix is just dangerous and may negate any goodwill you'd catch from just being that armless goofy guy crossing the country on his scooter.

:highfive:

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:36 am 
We have not heard from you for a while. I hope that you are doing your trip and are having a blast. If you have not, I hope to impart some tips for you or any future cross country hopeful planning to do it on a ruckus or a met or any 50cc POS.
1. You don't really need that much spare... The most important thing is a a tire patch kit and a tire pump. (It maybe a 12volt kind or even a bicycle pump, it work, but takes a long time to pump)
2. A belt and a spark plug, and a few tools to change them..
3. Get yourself a motorcycle license..if you can't do it.. It's not a show stopper..
4. Get a motorcycle insurance for your bike.. Just liability.. It should cost about $30/year.. Yeah.. It's a way to keep the police from giving u a ticket.. Who knows.. There got to be a stupid state somewhere that require insurance..
5. You need about a 2 gallon spare tank.. I took a 1.5 gallon on my trip and it was fine.. If you are really nervous.. Take a 3 gallon.. You'll do fine.
6. Get yourself AAA with motorcycle coverage.. Trust me.. It's worth it if you ever need them.,cost about $65-70/year
7. Slim down your ruck sack.. I carry about 40 lbs worth of shit.. And that includes a tent/tarp, sleeping gear and pretty much camp out most of the time.
8. You don't need any fancy clothe, such as a bike short.. Though what you will use most is a good rain jacket or rain poncho.
8. Get your self a gps.. You'll be glad to let it do all the navigation for you. I personally like Tomtom, but Garmin is a good brand too. Don't get the Magellan or other shitty brand.. You'll regret it.
9. Install a 12volt socket on your scooter.. To charge your phone and power your gps..
10. Just go and do it.

I'm pretty sure some people will disagree with my tip, but I've done a cross country trip with a ruckus before so there.. That's all the tip you really need. Good luck..