Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: American Community Project (ACP) Cross Country Update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 am 
WE HAVEN'T QUIT & WE AREN'T DEAD!

But, it has been a few months since I've posted here on the TR forum. Right now we're in Biloxi, MS on Day #110 of 336, and we've put a little over 4,000 miles on the Rucks so far. Definitely want to thank the guys in VA Beach (SPARKLE.motion) and the guys in Mississippi for hooking us up with rides, parts and maintenance.

Our route has been updated since the last post. If you want to see where we'll be and when we'll be there, check it out here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

Hit us up if we'll be in your area and you want to setup a ride. (We're mostly stock so we're only pushing 38-40mph.)

For those of you who hate FB you can keep up with us on our blog at www.ACProject.org. I'll start checking and updating TR more often too.

Here are a few highlights of the trip:

First day we rode was 11 below zero. We kept six layers of clothes on until we hit Virginia. We studded our stock tires (which worked great in the snow and ice). Didn't realize how well they worked until we changed them out in VA Beach and got into snow again in WV. We're riding on Polini's now. They feel pretty good.

We got caught in snow a couple times (1 storm dropped 12", the other was just flurries) and we've hit rain five or six times. If you don't mind the cold most of the riding has been great. VERY glad to be in warm weather now though.

We've been having a blast out here on the road, and we've met some great people!

Here's a blog post that highlights the things we found relating to hunger during the first thousand miles.
http://acproject-demery.blogspot.com/20 ... miles.html

And, a post on the first 100 Days:
http://acproject-demery.blogspot.com/20 ... -days.html

Check out the rest of our blog for more detailed info. We post something every Sunday (or as close to it) as long as we have an internet connection. Or hit me up here w/ questions/comments.

Also, we're starting to work on putting together a couple t-shirt designs. If anyone knows any designers (or if you are one) please let me know how I can make contact. Thanks!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: American Community Project (ACP) Cross Country Update
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:08 pm 
I see your coming to south bend Indiana about the 3rd week of October. What organization are you going to stopping by while you're in town? food Bank of Northern Indiana? I'm not familiar with doing charity work/getting together donations but I'd love to try and help out any way I can. There's also a new place in town called the Purple Porch Co-op which I understand incorrectly is a place where ppl can trade/barter food. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help your cause.

1994 Yamaha FZR600
1996 Ford Probe GT
1978 Porsche 928S

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:02 am 
kungfumtnbkr wrote:
I see your coming to south bend Indiana about the 3rd week of October. What organization are you going to stopping by while you're in town? food Bank of Northern Indiana? I'm not familiar with doing charity work/getting together donations but I'd love to try and help out any way I can. There's also a new place in town called the Purple Porch Co-op which I understand incorrectly is a place where ppl can trade/barter food. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help your cause.

We've identified a few organizations so far:
Center for the Homeless
South Bend Soup Kitchen
LeSea Feed the Hungry

The Purple Porch Co-Op looks fantastic! I'll be giving them a call. Thanks for the info!

One of the biggest things we need is lodging. If you or anyone you know would be willing to provide a bed, couch, floor or a spot to put up a tent we'd certainly appreciate that. Other than lodging or donations, it'd be great to meet up and go for a ride.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:17 pm 
Well I definitely have a big yard that you could set up a tent in for sure and a garage for safe keeping for your rucks and I'd be more than happy to cook you a nice meal and help you guys out with the usual maintenance. My buddy Shaun just started doing work @ purple porch co op so I'll get with him and see what we might be able to do.

1994 Yamaha FZR600
1996 Ford Probe GT
1978 Porsche 928S

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:48 am 
That sounds excellent, thanks! Would you mind sending me an email with your contact info? And I'll get you my info as well. Email address is ACProject14@gmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting up with you.