Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Lam Wind bicycle trip without the sweat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm 
Hello,

My name is Lam Wind (spell Nguyen, but pronounce Wind).
I lived in Memphis, TN for awhile now and are getting the travel itch.
I have own my ruckus for 2 years and now decided that she is going to take me to places.
I figure that the best way to see america is by bicycle, but i do hate the sweat, so the ruckus is the best option.
I will be mostly camping out in the wild or stealth camping when i can't find public land.
My wife is going to school, so that freed me up a few months/years to go to the school of life.

My ruckus ("Little Red") has a few mods. here's the list:
- a new varianter
- a new cdi
- 12v cigarette plug/USB plug
- a motorcycle alarm (it's rarely used)
- a side kickstand
- a extra attach fuel tank.

My current plan is to head out this thursday to the Smokey Mountain. Hang around there for a while maybe a week or so), then from there, i don't really know where to go next. I have never seen some of our national parks, such as Zion and Yosemite. After that, if my hall pass is still good, maybe i will head up to Alaska. I have a friend in Mexico that want me to visit, after that, maybe somewhere down to brazil. My plans are pretty much open. My only restriction is that I want to keep my range to about 100 miles per day.
But I will need some help. Since I don't know anyone out there, except one person in Mexico, i'm asking the Ruckus community to help me. I need navigators and guides. If you can show me any neat place to see and any neat place to camp (wilderness camping) I will be in your debt. You don't have to be there (but if you are there, it will be way better to hang/ride with), just text me the GPS coordinates and a small blur (one or two sentence about it), I will built my map and route with it. I will be updating my blog and the TR forums with my scooter trip. My blog are not quite ready yet about for this trip, but you can hit it soon when i can blog more about my scootering trip.

Lam Wind's blog: http://lamwind.blogspot.com

I hope i can meet and make some great friends along the way.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Kitchen mechanic
 Post subject: Re: Lam Wind bicycle trip without the sweat
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 am 
I signed up to follow your blog. Good luck!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:40 am 
well if u some how make it to japan i help u out. lol good luck with your trip!! :banger:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 pm 
If you make it to NYC you can see how small a super expensive apartment is!

n00bie

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:05 pm 
Ok.. I finally was able to update some stuff. I went out to the smoky mountain as plan, but instead of riding out, my wife want to see the smoky with me too. So i pack the van with the ruckus and we drive out in the van. Exploring the smoky with the ruckus instead. I was able to explorer the smoky with the ruckus riding 2 up and she perform beautifully. After 4 days of smoky mountain exploring, i drove the my wife back home in the van while leaving the ruckus with a friend in Knoxville. I later took the bus back to knoxville and begin my trip. Riding the tail of the dragon.. Follow by the blue ridge parkway.. And skyline drive... I so far have gone from Tennessee --> Georgia --> North Carolina --> Virginia --> Pennsylvania. While on skyline drive, i realize that my brother lives in Pennsylvania so i call him up and will be crashing at his place for a few day. I'm planing to take the US hwy 50 all the way west to see the grand canyon and beyond. Right now, i'm trying to figure out a place to crash at Washington DC for a few days to check out the site before heading out. Damn.. It already 1000 miles on the bike... I just did and oil change a few week ago. I was told to change my oil every 1000 miles. Is this correct?

I hate to have to point people to another website, but i update my trip offline with a blog apps on my phone thus i will only put small notes on this website and link to the picture. Check out my blog for more detail notes on the trip at ... Http://lamwind.blogspot.com

Notes..OK.. This really suck... I can't seem to link the picture to this forum. I use a phone(also is my only camera) app and it automatically uploads the picture and my offline blog note to blog press. But i can't seem to upload the picture here. I'm sorry, since i camp out most of the time.. Internet is very limited for me. If anyone can help me fix this please do or text me you number and i can call you. Here is my number (five-four-zero) 602-4829. Please note that this a text only number.

n00bie

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:26 pm 
I'm back home, Memphis, for a nice break. My ride was nice and I figure out a few things to make the next trip more interesting. so here's pretty much the route... oops... still can't get the map to work properly so here's a text version of it.
Smokey Mountain, TN --> Gorgia --> NC --> MA --> PA --> NJ --> PA --> VA --> OH --> IN --> IL --> KY --> Memphis, TN

go figure... a lot of the route is new to me and I just pick a road that looks most empty and ride. I usually plan where to stop the next day, but beyond that, I really don't have a clue where I go. I've manage to get the picture up as now I have a really computer to work with instead of my ipad. I have a small timelapse movie that I will post as soon as I become less lazy today...

Riding the Tail of the Dragon... dum...dum...dum...dum.. not as bad since I get to go at a speedy 25mph... :)

Riding early in the morning to get to the Blue Ridge Parkway

there was many cool tunnels
and long windy roads
riding above the clouds and fogs at times
yupe at these altitude, the ruckus slows down to 20mph going up hill
I even get a special parking space for speeding..
ran thru forest roads.. I feel safe riding Little Red
and this is why they call it Blue Ridge...
with old bridge.. overpass.. underpass..

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 pm 
Great pictures. Thanks for posting. Wow, I just now saw you thread and you are already back. How many miles was your trip total? Did you ever make it to Grand Canyon?
Im a bit confused who one the pictures is you. Seems like I see two dudes of different ages. Is one of them your son or dad? :)
:meh: :D :highfive: