Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: 3 Countries, 10K+ miles, 1 man charity ride
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:07 pm 
TOM glad to see you back! I am in with BlueRidge, i would love to ride with you if you make it back down to NC sometime sooner or later!

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 pm 
Tom!!! Welcome back brother! I have been without internet for a few months and lost touch with my TR clan and what's been up. Just got done catching up on my reading and wanted to let you know that I've been wondering about you. REALLY nice to see you back on here and I'm excited for JFS 2.0. I am thinking I need to buy or build one of your awesome trailers (killer job on the new black trailer btw) and ruck east to North Dakota for the meetup. Not sure how that will work with my crazy life, but its something I need to do desperately for my mental well being. Stay strong bro, and I'm with BlueRidge in keeping an extra pre-made vienna casserole for ya. :lol:

2013 Ruckus GET 50

On a mission!
On a mission!

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm 
Thanks for the enthusiastic "welcome back". :D

STILL gettin a laugh out of that casserole....you're a better man than me for trying it :mrgreen:

Glad to hear from you. Would love some of my TR family to meet up w me in North Dakota...

The trailer production thing has been a lot of fun...I love designing and building stuff. If the whole thing ends up being a go, I may try to have one of the new trailers built and ready for JFS 2.0...we'll see :D

T

Josh: Oh, that's right, you don't like Vienna Sausages because you don't like hot dogs.
Tom: I don't like Vienna Sausages because I don't like Vienna Sausages...it has nothing to do with not liking hot dogs.

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 pm 
Tom, check your PMs. I lost your number.

mnnthbx wrote:
He's running our pipe. Either it made too much power and spun the rear, or was so loud he went blind and crashed.... 50/50.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm 
Hello Tom,
I'm afraid that I am a little late to read about your cause as I only found this thread a few days ago (I'm a new member here and just purchased my first Zoomer as it's called in the good old UK :wanker: ).

I've spent the last few evenings reading through this entire thread, 2-3 hours every night. It's been an amazing read.
What you are doing here is truly amazing, you obviously had to deal with some horrendously difficult things in your past, but to hear what you have done with your life and what you have achieved, I am extremely proud of you. You are a shining light of hope to thousands of people and I wish you all the best for the 2nd leg of your journey.

It's been awesome to hear about everything you've done, the people you met, the places you visited etc. For some reason I've now got a craving to try some of these canned Vienna Sausages that you seem to have a love/hate relationship with, lol.
I'll have to pick myself up a tin or two next time i'm in the US, heheh.

I wish there was something I could do to help your cause, but as i'm across the other side of the pond, it makes me feel a little bit helpless.
The very least that I could do was to make a donation, so I've just sent one via your Journeyfromsilence.com Paypal link.

I would like to congratulate you for what you are doing. It's an amazing thing. :highfive:

Hope you had a good Christmas, have a happy new year and an even better 2013. :banger:
Good luck with JFS 2.0, I wish you the very best.

Steve.

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 am 
HAPPY NEW YEAR TOMMY TOM THOMAS!!!

:banger: :banger: :banger:

2013 Ruckus GET 50

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:48 pm 
RustyCage wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TOMMY TOM THOMAS!!!

:banger: :banger: :banger:

^^ ditto!!!!

:highfive: :banger: :banger: :highfive:

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 pm 
PeteRuck wrote:
uncle ruckus wrote:
zelchco wrote:
We also need to get him a variator tool to take with him on the road incase he needs it.

If you can't find one, Tom can carry a small allen wrench. It will work in a pinch. Just have to apply slow, steady pressure when removing the nut. Fin breakage is a possibility so wrencher beware.

I'm just starting to read this so i might be a little late but i just wanted to let anybody and especially tom know that the fins on the variator are not all the same... there are two reinforced ones on both side specifically put there to use a tool such as an allen wrench to hold it from spinning when taking the nut off. if you look at it they are on opposite sides from each other and are both thicker. hope this helps

Oil filter puller wrench works and no broken part...........TOM! I started reading staturday night, just finishished, ran got some viennas. Is that met you takeover bike? I would have it wrapped in the new version of the labels. I'd really like to know about this vigil in ND? I know it's early buy I'll be watching.im away at taxidermy school right now, I'll be hooking you up when I get back home. I to was molested at about 4-6 by a baby sitter. Don't remember much man just enough and i never was right my whole life. I cried for the first time in 20 yrs reading this thread. I'm mixxed you didn't go for Mexico but glad you didn't but woulda loved to see it. This arm thingg. Killed my last pages or reading I compleltely agree your doing gods work and he loves you so he is doing your. ND I'm game to cruse up there for this epic time and KS or co boys Wana meet me and go meet tom the man who's chaining my life.?pj

kscustom independent since 2005 not to be confused with the other guy

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 am 
So Tom....i have been dreaming of Seattle to San Diego for a while now and I want to prove to myself that I can GET there for under $100 in gas. So I've been building boxes and cargo holders for the past couple months in hopes of edging closer to my dream. I was beating myself up over some kind of trailer like you make/made, but really wanted to be free of another wheel to go flat. So I came up with a few mods I think are pretty original and yet functional :) my black center storage box is about 1800 cubic inches I figure and my seat frame rear sissybar will support as much weight as my ruck will handle. I still have a few more mods to do, but half are wiring. Let me know what you think bro.
Image.

2013 Ruckus GET 50

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 pm 
Wow. I'd like to see some details on your center box.

edit..
I see you serengetti build now

Morphesty 400cc

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:23 pm 
Yeah, here's the URL for my box buildn. Not really detailed but...

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=78650

2013 Ruckus GET 50

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:52 pm 
OK Tom, here's the first version of my traveler. I must admit I had a lot more room than I thought and it will come in handy. Thursday is my prelim run to find out top speed, MPG, and performance. I will be scootn with a gas can and filling it up after 60 miles, then ruckn until I run out. REALLY curious to see mileage for a tank, while packn 240lbs. Also, I'm installing a beefier Elite80 shock for the rear tomorrow. Pretty excited to see if I can really do this San Diego run. I used a ruckus seat frame for my rear sissybar hehe.

2013 Ruckus GET 50

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:33 pm 
RustyCage wrote:
OK Tom, here's the first version of my traveler. I must admit I had a lot more room than I thought and it will come in handy. Thursday is my prelim run to find out top speed, MPG, and performance. I will be scootn with a gas can and filling it up after 60 miles, then ruckn until I run out. REALLY curious to see mileage for a tank, while packn 240lbs. Also, I'm installing a beefier Elite80 shock for the rear tomorrow. Pretty excited to see if I can really do this San Diego run. I used a ruckus seat frame for my rear sissybar hehe.

I hope you're pipe doesn't melt your box. You might have to change that angle to match the pipe?

kscustom independent since 2005 not to be confused with the other guy

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:00 pm 
So happy Tom is back :)

-Stephen

Instagram @SBREWER89

•My ruck- The Addiction viewtopic.php?f=95&t=71318&p=1235621#p1235621

•For Sale Thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74450

•Upper Class White Trash•

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 am 
kscustom wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

I hope you're pipe doesn't melt your box. You might have to change that angle to match the pipe?

:hihi: naaaaw. I've been rocking the side boxes since last spring. the pic makes it look like its millimeters away but in fact its quite a ways away. Thanks for the heads up tho brother.
:banger:

2013 Ruckus GET 50

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next