Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1136
Location: san diego
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:12 pm 
got the girlfriend hooked, next thing I know I'm planning front and rear swaps...

as it sits now:

Image

Image

Image


mod list so far:

ruckus swingarm and rear wheel/tire
Airbox delete, filters
ruckus triple and front wheel/tire
seat re-covered
new stem and lower bars
trimmed plastics

next up, gotta figure out how to relocate the rear lights and plate.. and try to figure out something for a front fender as well as relocate the front blinkers. Plus, I think she want's her speedo and gas gauge back :ucrazy:

huge thanks to autofashion for the hookups and spare parts, you guys rock :banger:

_________________
Helmets are for wearing.

[DRTY RUCK Build thread]
[METROPOLIS Build thread]
[C3 Slow Build thread]

Sincerely, dodgrr


Top
 Profile  
 

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 4276
Location: Magnolia, TX
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:00 pm 
I love that look. Nice work on the handle bars and stem. :banger:

_________________
My Scoots. My swap.
"remember the best thing to put on a ruck is miles" ~ Krooned
"it takes $ to ride a harley, it takes balls to ride a ruckus" ~ BlueRidgeRuckus


Top
 Profile  
 

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 4545
Location: College Station, TX
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:11 pm 
opie_p wrote:
I love that look. Nice work on the handle bars and stem. :banger:


i was about to say, ask op which fender he used! lol.

as for the speedo, some guy ninja-mounted it behind the leg shields on the opposite side of the key, it looks excellent, like that's where honda should have put it. lol

_________________
BaconLiar wrote:
Front frame can go to hell.

CT70 (daily) | People's Champ | aggielandscoots.com


Top
 Profile  
 

Zombies
Zombies
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3222
Location: Gotham city, the 801
Gender: Dude

2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 pm 
i like that seat :highfive:

_________________
ImageImage

[/quote]mad hate, its a fucking scooter, sorry its not to your standards brah[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5287
Location: Central FL
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm 
Efezee runs a Tank fender on his Met front ruck.. Looks really good IMO

_________________
-Ruckus
-Big Ruckus
-Grom


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3220
Location: Mooresville, NC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm 
Great job! I like the trim job on the rear plastics. I've tought of trimming the side fenders on mine many times but haven't. You made it look good. :banger:

What are you gonna do when your girl passes you on her Met?

_________________
My Met Build
Cracka Jacked viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50500


"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 98
Location: New York
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 pm 
Very cool! I dig it! Update with pics please! :popcorn:

_________________
THE STORMTROOPER: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=96159


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 143
Location: bull city, nc
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 am 
very meaty, i like!

thought about one of the vertical plate mounts that attaches to the swingarm and has the tail light on it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1136
Location: san diego
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm 
jcrabb13 wrote:
opie_p wrote:
I love that look. Nice work on the handle bars and stem. :banger:


i was about to say, ask op which fender he used! lol.

as for the speedo, some guy ninja-mounted it behind the leg shields on the opposite side of the key, it looks excellent, like that's where honda should have put it. lol


thanks guys.. look's like opie_p's ride has the metro width triple still (?) looks awesome but won't work with the ruckus one... I like the idea of the speedo down there tho.. hmmmm.


atomBOOM wrote:
i like that seat :highfive:


yeah, me too!! although the girl thinks there may be too much purple in it, so I may be prying out the staples and attempting a rit dye bath.. :headbashing:

Strokd_GE wrote:
Efezee runs a Tank fender on his Met front ruck.. Looks really good IMO


I had to hunt a bit, that ride is nuts!! so cool, but I don't think I'm talking my girl into anything that dramatic.. also, met front end.. I gotta find a fender that fits the ruckus width, but doesn't stray too far from the mets styling...

racerx wrote:
Great job! I like the trim job on the rear plastics. I've tought of trimming the side fenders on mine many times but haven't. You made it look good. :banger:

What are you gonna do when your girl passes you on her Met?



thanks! That's all her, she got the lines mocked up in tape and I went at it with the dremmel cutting wheel.. and she's been passing me all along haha :banger:


AkiraClownGang wrote:
Very cool! I dig it! Update with pics please! :popcorn:


check back, I'll post em here ;)


jerrythedonkey wrote:
very meaty, i like!

thought about one of the vertical plate mounts that attaches to the swingarm and has the tail light on it?



I did, she wasn't a fan of the look.. I'm guessing we'll settle on something that will be extremely labor intensive, but will look stock to the unknowing eye.. hopefully :highfive:

_________________
Helmets are for wearing.

[DRTY RUCK Build thread]
[METROPOLIS Build thread]
[C3 Slow Build thread]

Sincerely, dodgrr


Top
 Profile  
 

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 4276
Location: Magnolia, TX
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:49 pm 
dodgrr wrote:
thanks guys.. look's like opie_p's ride has the metro width triple still (?) looks awesome but won't work with the ruckus one..
I'm running a Ruck triple with FRP front fender. Stock Ruckus wheels, as you know, won't fit with the Met triple.

_________________
My Scoots. My swap.
"remember the best thing to put on a ruck is miles" ~ Krooned
"it takes $ to ride a harley, it takes balls to ride a ruckus" ~ BlueRidgeRuckus


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3220
Location: Mooresville, NC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:58 pm 
dodgrr wrote:
I did, she wasn't a fan of the look.. I'm guessing we'll settle on something that will be extremely labor intensive, but will look stock to the unknowing eye.. hopefully :highfive:


I went through a bunch of configurations before I settled on where mine is now. You can see shooting star link below but I just used flexible led tail/light/turn strip and mounted tag across the tailpiece.

_________________
My Met Build
Cracka Jacked viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50500


"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti


Top
 Profile  
 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1136
Location: san diego
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:20 pm 
opie_p wrote:
dodgrr wrote:
thanks guys.. look's like opie_p's ride has the metro width triple still (?) looks awesome but won't work with the ruckus one..
I'm running a Ruck triple with FRP front fender. Stock Ruckus wheels, as you know, won't fit with the Met triple.



ah ha! gotcha.. I thought those were just dio forks on the met tree.. I'll have to look into that.

racerx wrote:
dodgrr wrote:
I did, she wasn't a fan of the look.. I'm guessing we'll settle on something that will be extremely labor intensive, but will look stock to the unknowing eye.. hopefully :highfive:


I went through a bunch of configurations before I settled on where mine is now. You can see shooting star link below but I just used flexible led tail/light/turn strip and mounted tag across the tailpiece.



too late, she's already seen this one:
Image

_________________
Helmets are for wearing.

[DRTY RUCK Build thread]
[METROPOLIS Build thread]
[C3 Slow Build thread]

Sincerely, dodgrr


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3220
Location: Mooresville, NC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:24 pm 
^ basically the same thing only it isn't flexible so he built up the area underneath it. I thought about that but didn't want to do any repainting. Used the plate to fill in the gap under it where the stock taillight used to be.

_________________
My Met Build
Cracka Jacked viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50500


"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 359
Location: Outer Banks, NC
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:39 pm 
dodgrr wrote:
next up, gotta ......... try to figure out something for a front fender as well as relocate the front blinkers.


What about split the fender right down the center with a saw, Dremel, or cutoff wheel, and then fiberglass the two halves back together 1/2" wider

Good looking Met. :banger:


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 51
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metropolis build in progress...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:27 pm 
jcrabb13 wrote:
opie_p wrote:
I love that look. Nice work on the handle bars and stem. :banger:


i was about to say, ask op which fender he used! lol.

as for the speedo, some guy ninja-mounted it behind the leg shields on the opposite side of the key, it looks excellent, like that's where honda should have put it. lol



i couldnt find the speedo on the leg shield.

_________________
metro build


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: No rucksters and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

Technophobes: click here if you are having issues registering or logging in

TotalRuckus.com 2005-2015 (That’s 10 F’ing years!) - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group