Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message

Junior Mint
Junior Mint


Posts: 52
Location: Pocatello, ID
Gender: Dude
Parking lot mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:41 pm 
Looking for a list of exactly what parts/mods are needed to turn a met into a ruckus and what year met/ruckus are compatible, I plan on removing the met front body pieces and doing ruckus battery box. Tried searching through the met section but with the metruck pic of the day post its almost impossible to find anything with metruck in the post. Yes it would be easier to just buy a ruckus but in my area they are very sparce and the ones for sale are $1800+ whereas the mets 2008 or so are like $800ish

Thanks

_________________
WTB Thread
Build Thread


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 418
Location: where the Wabash and Ohio meet
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:15 am 
what area are you in? I have a 2006 ruckus I will sell for 1000. no title but does have a current Indiana registration.

_________________
sorry if i've been gone a while, I rotate hobbies.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/


Top
 Profile  
 

48hours of Ruckus Winner
48hours of Ruckus Winner
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2349
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:39 am 
i think your confused on terminology...

I think you are wanting to just turn a Met into a Ruckus is that correct?

Not turn your Met into a MetRuck, Which would be the front half of a met and rear frame of the ruckus.

_________________
FatKid's Toys:
Ruckus
MetRuck
Lil Girls Wagon


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint


Posts: 52
Location: Pocatello, ID
Gender: Dude
Parking lot mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:56 am 
FatKid87 wrote:
i think your confused on terminology...

I think you are wanting to just turn a Met into a Ruckus is that correct?

Not turn your Met into a MetRuck, Which would be the front half of a met and rear frame of the ruckus.


Correct, meant met ruck conversion not metruck.

jeff84 wrote:
what area are you in? I have a 2006 ruckus I will sell for 1000. no title but does have a current Indiana registration.

Live in Idaho, pretty far away and would need title. Thanks though

_________________
WTB Thread
Build Thread


Top
 Profile  
 

48hours of Ruckus Winner
48hours of Ruckus Winner
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2349
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:23 am 
Ok cool I haven't done one so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction...

Good luck!

_________________
FatKid's Toys:
Ruckus
MetRuck
Lil Girls Wagon


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 82
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Shop mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 am 
Theres a detailed video on youtube of a Honda Ruckus being torn down

Search Motonosity Lets Start the Build!

Youll be able to see and hear everything that comes off the front and back of a Honda ruckus that you'll have to buy

Any Ruckus year would work

But for a semi-quick response, your going to need everything from a ruckus like:
Harness
Front battery box
Front battery tray box
Front headlight assembly
Front triple tree w/ axle
Front handle bars
Rear frame
Rear seat frame
Rear seat
Rear brake line
Throttle cable

There might be more parts needed but thats just an idea



FunkeyMonkey wrote:
Looking for a list of exactly what parts/mods are needed to turn a met into a ruckus and what year met/ruckus are compatible, I plan on removing the met front body pieces and doing ruckus battery box. Tried searching through the met section but with the metruck pic of the day post its almost impossible to find anything with metruck in the post. Yes it would be easier to just buy a ruckus but in my area they are very sparce and the ones for sale are $1800+ whereas the mets 2008 or so are like $800ish

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint


Posts: 52
Location: Pocatello, ID
Gender: Dude
Parking lot mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm 
hellobob1134 wrote:
Theres a detailed video on youtube of a Honda Ruckus being torn down

Search Motonosity Lets Start the Build!

Youll be able to see and hear everything that comes off the front and back of a Honda ruckus that you'll have to buy

Any Ruckus year would work

But for a semi-quick response, your going to need everything from a ruckus like:
Harness
Front battery box
Front battery tray box
Front headlight assembly
Front triple tree w/ axle
Front handle bars
Rear frame
Rear seat frame
Rear seat
Rear brake line
Throttle cable

There might be more parts needed but thats just an idea



FunkeyMonkey wrote:
Looking for a list of exactly what parts/mods are needed to turn a met into a ruckus and what year met/ruckus are compatible, I plan on removing the met front body pieces and doing ruckus battery box. Tried searching through the met section but with the metruck pic of the day post its almost impossible to find anything with metruck in the post. Yes it would be easier to just buy a ruckus but in my area they are very sparce and the ones for sale are $1800+ whereas the mets 2008 or so are like $800ish

Thanks


i know the rear frame is needed and since im gonna do gy6 swap figured id just get the gy6 harness.

Front triple tree w/ axle
Front handle bars

Those were the 2 things i was really questioning about the conversion, is there any reason I cant keep the met tree and handle bars? or will the battery box not fit over/around them?

Thanks

_________________
WTB Thread
Build Thread


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 82
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Shop mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm 
There are three main differences for a Ruckus tree vs Metropolitan

1. The Ruckus tree is wider and most aftermarket Ruckus wheels are sized according to that width
Not saying you can't find decent wheels for a Metropolitan tree, but your options are small

2. The Ruckus tree has a hole at the top of its stem for mounting handlebars where as the Metropolitan does not. You can always use the Metropolitan tree but you'll need a riser that shops make specifically for the Metropolitan.

3. The Metropolitan tree has mounting points for the Metropolitans front fender where as the Ruckus tree does not.

So, can you keep the Metropolitan tree and use it? Yes


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint


Posts: 52
Location: Pocatello, ID
Gender: Dude
Parking lot mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 pm 
hellobob1134 wrote:
There are three main differences for a Ruckus tree vs Metropolitan

1. The Ruckus tree is wider and most aftermarket Ruckus wheels are sized according to that width
Not saying you can't find decent wheels for a Metropolitan tree, but your options are small

2. The Ruckus tree has a hole at the top of its stem for mounting handlebars where as the Metropolitan does not. You can always use the Metropolitan tree but you'll need a riser that shops make specifically for the Metropolitan.

3. The Metropolitan tree has mounting points for the Metropolitans front fender where as the Ruckus tree does not.

So, can you keep the Metropolitan tree and use it? Yes


Awesome, thats exactly what info i was looking for. Picked up 2 2008 mets and a 2008 schwinn in a bundle deal, soon as i sell the schwinn and other met my project will be funded and being!

_________________
WTB Thread
Build Thread


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint


Posts: 52
Location: Pocatello, ID
Gender: Dude
Parking lot mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Metruck Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:53 am 
Picked up 2 mets in a killer deal from a guy and was going to do conversion but ended up finding a mint ruckus for sale super cheap so just building that up now. Thanks for the info

_________________
WTB Thread
Build Thread


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: Skynet Google Overlord[Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

Technophobes: click here if you are having issues registering or logging in

TotalRuckus.com 2005-2015 (That’s 10 F’ing years!) - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group