Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: NCH50 2013 Honda Metropolitan Build Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:31 pm 
Whats up total ruckus?
I lurk this forum somewhat regularly and dislike how little content there is involving NCH50s so Im going to do my part

So my NCH50 Currently has:

Bigger Rear Tire
Malossi Variator Kit
6 Gram Roller Weights
Steady Garage URB box
K&N Air Filter

Story:
While i was riding around my Met lost all power so i pulled over and found my scooter sounded like it had no compression
I rode nuts to butts with a buddy to get home then towed my scooter to the house.
I suspected something was going on with the spark plug and was correct so i bought a new spark plug but it wouldn't thread in, the threads looked ok to me but the spark plug more or less goes straight in and won't catch thread. (For reference I'm using NGK CR7HSA)

So i pulled to motor out Saturday afternoon and while and since almost no machine shops are open Saturday evening-until Monday so I had time to think and i ended up ordering the Malossi big bore kit.

So my new goals for my Metro setup is:
Malossi Big Bore Kit
Force Master CDI (included in big bore kit)
Custom Exhaust with Leo Vince Muffler
6 Gram Slider Weights
Bigger Rear Tire
Malossi Variator Kit
K&N Air Filter

Ill likely be doing the engine assembly myself but will have a machine shop replacing the spark plug threads
If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom I'm all ears, ill try to update with as much photo-documentation as reasonable

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: NCH50 2013 Honda Metropolitan Build Thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:21 pm 
Update:

Got the Malossi kit i think 12 days after payment
Took the motor out and took it to a local motorcycle/small motor guy for assembly and had a buddy put a helical in so id be able to thread a spark plug in it

Put everything back together, wired the new CDI in, and put the new exhaust on, and installed the 6g slider weights

the motor started right up, everything was perfect, so i put all the plastics back on and took it for a ride
Overall I'm very impressed, the acceleration is much improved, i feel a lot more confident to right it around town because I'm able to get out of my own way and go with a normal city flow of traffic.
The top speed is much easier to hit now too which, even though remains the same, seems higher because hitting it is now achievable

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/ifoTi

first picture is during assembly, second is how it sits now (dirty as hell :? )

Videos:
-Cruising at a steady 45mph
https://vid.me/S730

-from a stop to like 35ish
https://vid.me/TqC9

Only other thing i think i need to do is change the spring with a stiffer one.
Currently when the scooter is on the stand the rear wheel doesn't spin until i hit around 1200rpm or so and it doesn't spin freely what-so-ever. Any advice on this is appreciated

hope this helps someone

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 pm 
sounds like you could use stiffer engagement springs. unless that is a typo the wheel should be spinning at idle. 1200rpm is lower than what your idle should be set at I would think.

I wonder if there are any taller gears for the current met? you know to take advantage of the new found power.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/

n00bie

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 am 
:wink: :wink: :wink:
สโบเบท