Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Pegs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:06 pm 
Im probably going to get alot of crap from people for asking this question but im new to the totalruckus community. i am really needing some help. i want to put pegs on the good ole ruck and i was wondering where to get some. Are they just bicycle pegs or can i order some already made for the ruckus? please let me know. Thanks guys

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Pegs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:11 pm 
WessNile wrote:
Im probably going to get alot of crap from people for asking this question but im new to the totalruckus community. i am really needing some help. i want to put pegs on the good ole ruck and i was wondering where to get some. Are they just bicycle pegs or can i order some already made for the ruckus? please let me know. Thanks guys

You have many choices...up to you to decide which ones you want.

BMX pegs ...you can get them about anywhere...Target...bicycle shop...etc. They are your cheapest bet...if you get ones that are a bit long...you'd have to shave the bottom off so that it won't catch the ground.

Motorcycle frame sliders...these are a bit more expensive and shorter. If your feet could sit on them...they are great. They are supposed to be use for motorcycles to prevent frame damage when wiping out. If you get some real nice ones, they will have rubber/plastic pucks so that it just scrapes off if you ever catch ground. These will be the most expensive

Frame brace + pegs...if you choose to get a frame brace...they are made for the Ruckus and have pegs on them. Do a search on them to find out more

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:15 pm 
Couple of straightforward ways are buying BMX pegs and bolting them to the holes located where you might imagine pegs would be on a motorcycle... and the other thing is to get the frame brace/tank cover/luggage cover/peg combo that a lot of people here have, including me. This puts the pegs up front on either side of the battery box. It's a bit of work to put that kit on and you'll want to cut the lower part of the foot board where your feet are going to go (the top layer just un-bolts off). I got my kit for 200 bucks on sale. I'm 6'0" and it made riding way more comfortable.

Cleveland Steamer Hander Outer
Cleveland Steamer Hander Outer
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Bathroom mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:22 am 
WessNile wrote:

I got my pegs off of a 1976 Yamaha motorcycle. I went through the factory frame holes. they work great and they flip up. just make sure you use big washers and a rubber washer on the outside touching the frame so you dont scratch it.

-----------------
PORtland RuckStars sc<---click it

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:32 pm 
I bought the PasswordJDM pegs... they look great and I like that they are cut so it won't scrape
check it out
http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Ruck ... 5C480.aspx

48hours of Ruckus Winner
48hours of Ruckus Winner

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:47 am 
I used hand grenades. :mrgreen:

mine viewtopic.php?f=96&t=31836