Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

The Unknown Unicorn
The Unknown Unicorn
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: State laws
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:36 am 
Well I just got done dealing with NC DMV. Heres the story.
As long as you don't go over 30mph you dont need a license, insurance, registered. However, if you get caught going over 30mph the police will treat you as a motorcycle and give you 4 tickets (no insurance, not registered, no ML, and no license plate.)
However, NC will not title/register anything under 50cc. So if you get caught going over 30mph, tell the DMV it is 50cc so that they will register it. Then take all the necessary documents to court and get the tickets dropped.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm 
I thought this may fit this thread as it pertains to state laws, but feel free to label me ignorant and move it.

I haven't purchased a Ruckus yet, but am looking to do so in the near future. I'm a larger person tipping the scales at >300#. I'm interested in learning all I can and doing a GY6 Swap, my only concern is the legality of it...I think that the only issue is the cc's moving up to 150, OK defines a motorcycle as "greater than 150cc" (http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=81927) so would I need an endorsement after the swap? Of course, this is assuming I didn't need one before based on the endorsement being for motorcycles and OK doesn't classify a ruckus as a motorcyle (http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=81928)

Please feel free to school me as needed :)

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:25 pm 
That's a weird definition of a motorcycle... seems like most states have the 49cc/2 HP/30 MPH rule.

If it truly is the case that 150cc is the cutoff, you should track down a 125cc GY6 -or- just get your license. It's good to have.

Colin

n00bie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:09 pm 
I have a challenge for you guys.. I've looked everywhere and even called the DMV here but they only give you an answer to get off the phone or put you on hold and never come back.. You thought the DMV was bad in the states? try a third world country. They don't give a sht to try to help you, you are inconviencing their day. So help me find the laws for Antigua, West Indies. I'm stumped.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 pm 
chopt31 wrote:
Hawaii is so messed up that the laws are different for each island! Big Island (Hawaii) registers as moped. Oahu (Honolulu, Waikiki, etc.) You need a motorcycle license, plates. title, registration and insurance. And the various outlets have no idea what the others are doing! Internet? Cell phones don't even work when the electricity goes out, (every time the wind blows)! Just another shitty day in PARADISE!

I find the rules change based on who I see and what time of day it is and what cycle the moon is in at the time.

48hours of Ruckus Winner
48hours of Ruckus Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:32 am 
backlater wrote:
I was wondering if this would be useful as a sticky ? http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

Edit: It's now a sticky (SJ)

hahahahaha that sure was a funny kathy comic this morning. just kidding. that comic sucks.

the captin :banger: :wasted: :usa: :dubious: :pissed: :mrgreen: :| :cry: :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :lol: 8) :? :shock: :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wanker: :vondutch: :wasted: :wasted: :wasted:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 am 
For anyone in who's a Masshole like myself. I just got a registration sticker for my Zuma and I didn't have a title (I have the original bill of sale and the one I created when I bought it). As long as you tell the DMV you got a moped and it's under 50cc they'll give you a registration sticker and you don't need a title. If they ask tell them the top speed is 30. Those people at the DMV are real assholes and there's so many loopholes with registering scooters that they just get pissed off and give you a sticker.

I wouldn't recommend getting a used scooter without the title but it always seem like the dirt cheap deals never have titles(may be stolen) but have bill of sales.

48hours of Ruckus Winner
48hours of Ruckus Winner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:53 am 
crackerman wrote:
For anyone in who's a Masshole like myself. I just got a registration sticker for my Zuma and I didn't have a title (I have the original bill of sale and the one I created when I bought it). As long as you tell the DMV you got a moped and it's under 50cc they'll give you a registration sticker and you don't need a title. If they ask tell them the top speed is 30. Those people at the DMV are real assholes and there's so many loopholes with registering scooters that they just get pissed off and give you a sticker.

I wouldn't recommend getting a used scooter without the title but it always seem like the dirt cheap deals never have titles(may be stolen) but have bill of sales.

i once stole a ruckus :canuck: . :canuck: :canuck: :canuck: :canuck: i was in canadia and i saw one sitting atop a ledge of dreamsd :army: :ucrazy: :pissed:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm 
Great link yo

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 am 
this is the motorcycle laws for my state. the ruckus is a class b motor driven cycle. the laws are similar but completely different than motorcycles. for instance you don't have to have a DL or insurance but you do have to register it and wear a plate.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:51 pm 
It would be more helpful if you said directly what state you are in!
(I don't know my geography well enough to guess from your River description)

2016 48 Hours of Ruckus Winner

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:51 pm 
P-Dub wrote:
It would be more helpful if you said directly what state you are in!
(I don't know my geography well enough to guess from your River description)

wondering the same...
Illinois, Indiana or Kentucky?

Morphesty 400cc

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:38 pm 
sorry about that I live in indiana

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php