Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

Post subject: Re: GY6 not getting fuel from Mikuni pump
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:03 pm 
lilpinny wrote:
You used RVT Ultra Black, right?

Yeah I did. And the battery has never been a problem before, don't see why it would start now. It charges up just fine.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:56 pm 
Yeah... the battery is not the problem here. Put it on a list of future upgrades.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 am 
Rixer wrote:
lilpinny wrote:
This is the fun of the GY6... don't let it beat you. Make it work.

Many think you just throw it on, add the parts and it works, but it's the little shit along the way, and how you overcome it, that sets you apart.

Also, do the syringes you use for injecting fuel have needles? I got one from CVS without a needle and it doesn't fit inside the fuel petcock, just kinda sprays everywhere.

You say it sprays everywhere? There should be little to no resistance when filling the carb bowl like this unles the bowl is already full or when you took it apart you may have got the float valve/needle under the little metal frame work that is supposed to open and close that valve when the bowl is needing gas or full. It's a common problem. The back side of that needle has a groove in it that is supposed to be through the U shaped cut out on the metal part between the floats.

I wish I could post a pic to show you what I mean. But under normal conditions if the bowl is empty of gas you should be able to easily fill it with that medicine syringe until it fills up. At which point the float raises and pushes the needle up to block the incoming fuel port and you will then probably spray a bit of gas.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 pm 
TeksRuck wrote:
Rixer wrote:
lilpinny wrote:
This is the fun of the GY6... don't let it beat you. Make it work.

Many think you just throw it on, add the parts and it works, but it's the little shit along the way, and how you overcome it, that sets you apart.

Also, do the syringes you use for injecting fuel have needles? I got one from CVS without a needle and it doesn't fit inside the fuel petcock, just kinda sprays everywhere.

You say it sprays everywhere? There should be little to no resistance when filling the carb bowl like this unles the bowl is already full or when you took it apart you may have got the float valve/needle under the little metal frame work that is supposed to open and close that valve when the bowl is needing gas or full. It's a common problem. The back side of that needle has a groove in it that is supposed to be through the U shaped cut out on the metal part between the floats.

I wish I could post a pic to show you what I mean. But under normal conditions if the bowl is empty of gas you should be able to easily fill it with that medicine syringe until it fills up. At which point the float raises and pushes the needle up to block the incoming fuel port and you will then probably spray a bit of gas.

I'll get my carb opened up and take a look at the float and post some pics.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:13 pm 
TeksRuck wrote:

Hit it right on the head! Must have put it back incorrectly last time I was cleaning out my carb.

Had it over the wire:

Which caused the float to sit up (or rather down, when the carb is in it's upright position) like this:

Slipped it under the wire and got everything put back together and wah-lah! Just a few sprays of starting fluid and she came back to life.

Everything is good now, thanks for all the help, everyone! This is why I love the TR community so much.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: GY6 not getting fuel from Mikuni pump [SOLVED-pg.4!]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:39 pm 
:banger: Right on!!!

Glad I could help! :highfive:

Now get out there and ride.