Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: re-Inserting the engine bushings
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:17 pm 
thanks I'm going to give it a shot this afternoon. bought a 6" 3/8ths today with washers and nut. I emailed steady last week, their reply was to cut the stabilizer bar 10mm. Im unsure about that, since anything can be fudged when it comes to cutting. How has moving the bushing held up on your end, Lilpinny?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: re-Inserting the engine bushings
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 am 
avillan610 wrote:
thanks I'm going to give it a shot this afternoon. bought a 6" 3/8ths today with washers and nut. I emailed steady last week, their reply was to cut the stabilizer bar 10mm. Im unsure about that, since anything can be fudged when it comes to cutting. How has moving the bushing held up on your end, Lilpinny?

I've never had any problems with it. Solid as a rock and I'm 260lbs.

The thing I messed up on when I was doing it is that I actually removed one of the bushings. You don't have to take them out at all, just move the right one a little bit. I just made more work for myself.

You should be able to put the spacer that came with the mount on top of the left bushing where the base of it is flush with the frame and that little nipple part on top is the only thing sticking out a little. You shouldn't have to move that bushing, or if you do, just a little bit. Then you get that cross member in there and you can see how far you have to move the right bushing out. It might take a couple of tries since you might overshoot it a couple of times. But that whole mechanism is a solid three point connection.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet