Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: GY6 not getting fuel from Mikuni pump
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:00 pm 
you gotta air leak.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:05 pm 
Horsy wrote:
trust me buildup and clogging doesn't take long with the gas that's sold now days especially if its been sitting un-fired for a while

shit evaporates and leaves behind its dirty/nasty residue

I go to Thailand every winter and all of the bikes and scoots there have a 91 octane sticker on them for a reason.....
they have lesser grades of fuel over there but I really wouldn't recommend it
on my tank I have a 91 octane sticker and run the pump premium here which is 92 octane......but still it evaporates and I gotta do the jet thing!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 pm 
lilpinny wrote:
you gotta air leak.

I also use 3/32 tygon fuel line and 5mm Corbin style clamps for my vacuum lines as well
on the fuel side I it use the above to the fuel filter then to mikuni pump then from there i use 1/4 in line the appropriate Corbin clamps with a check valve to the carb

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 pm 
Horsy wrote:
trust me buildup and clogging doesn't take long with the gas that's sold now days especially if its been sitting un-fired for a while

shit evaporates and leaves behind its dirty/nasty residue

I run 93, don't know if that would cause more buildup. Out right now to get some vacuum lines and the gasket sealer, just waiting in a line of 20 people at the only branch of my bank that's open on sundays. :popcorn:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:19 pm 
also too on the vacuum lines there is a plastic Y....those tend to get brittle and crack/brake I'd go to the hardware/plumbing store for a couple of bucks get a brass one!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:21 pm 
Horsy wrote:
also too on the vacuum lines there is a plastic Y....those tend to get brittle and crack/brake I'd go to the hardware/plumbing store for a couple of bucks get a brass one!

Mines a t-shape, but I'll give that a look too, it's plastic so it's entirely possible there's a crack

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm 
anything other than plastic on my fuel and air lines my check valve I got on ebay for $10 is aluminum, same with the fuel filter its cleanable as well the tygon like helps to see where/how far the fuel gets and also assures me there is no moisture build up in the vacuum lines.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:12 pm 
Horsy wrote:
anything other than plastic on my fuel and air lines my check valve I got on ebay for $10 is aluminum, same with the fuel filter its cleanable as well the tygon like helps to see where/how far the fuel gets and also assures me there is no moisture build up in the vacuum lines.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Couldn't find the permatex at autozone, but im gonna try another store later. I should have some time tonight to replace vacuum hoses and go through my carb, thanks for the help guys.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm 
Horsy wrote:

Horsy, what size do you use for the check valve? Closest I'm seeing is 5/16" inch on eBay.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm 
Rixer wrote:
Horsy wrote:

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Couldn't find the permatex at autozone, but im gonna try another store later. I should have some time tonight to replace vacuum hoses and go through my carb, thanks for the help guys.

You have one vacuum line into your intake, you vacuum cap the other ones on your carb. The only thing running into your carb is the fuel line. There should be no y lines or splitters.

This is for a PWK carb. If you don't have a PWK, get one.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:27 pm 
lilpinny wrote:
Rixer wrote:
Horsy wrote:

You have one vacuum line into your intake, you vacuum cap the other ones on your carb. The only thing running into your carb is the fuel line. There should be no y lines or splitters.

This is for a PWK carb. If you don't have a PWK, get one.

I have a CVK carb.
This is how mine is set up currently: line from pump to splitter, one end of splitter hooks up to the carb and other to the intake. Should i just remove the splitter and run it straight from the pump to the intake and cap off the nozzle on the carb?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 pm 
yeah. I'll send pics. there should be no splitter.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:58 pm 
lilpinny wrote:
yeah. I'll send pics. there should be no splitter.

Got it, I'll give that a try.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:38 pm 
New vacuum line straight from pump to intake, and capped off the vacuum nozzle on the carb. Still not starting, but with starting fluid it fires for a few seconds and tries to idle, so i did something right. Still think there's an air leak, as I'm still not getting any fuel out of the pump, even when I remove the outgoing fuel line. Gasket between head and mainfold riser looks good. I got some permatex and just applied it between the riser and my intake manifold, giving it 24 hrs to cure before trying to start it. Also going to triple check jets and carb tonight to ensure they're clear.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm 
So hey, I said I'd upload some images and slacked on that sorry. Here you go.

This is with a PWK-style carb.

Vacuum cap this piece on the back of the carb where my thumb is:

The only line running into the carb (besides the throttle) is the fuel line, where my finger is:

You want to run a vacuum line from the input in your intake to your fuel pump. This piece here:

But you'll notice that little thing sticking out the neck of the intake is way smaller than the size of the hose on the pump.

Those are the sizes of the two hoses, and a shitty universal adapter that will work, but you can find a box of them at the auto parts store that are smaller and are a more precise fit. use that adapter to fit the two hoses. Electrical tape around it to hide it. I can't find a better example around my garage right now.

But that's it.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next