Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Help with Gy6 Wiring (stock Harness)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:59 am 
I am very close to completing my gy6 build. I was using the battlescooter write up on how to wiring the gy6 using the stock ruckus harness, and have everything hooked up following their instructions to the best of my ability. My issue is that the engine wont fire... I believe I have a grounding issue and I am going to look into that when I get a chance to work on it... I found a couple other write ups on here but cant see the photos associated with the write ups since photobucket decided to make it impossible to view them without a paid subscription...

I didn't wanna start a new thread but need photos really bad to see what I need to do with the wiring. Seeing as how I have never done wiring before I need as much direction as possible and the battlescooter write up is vague at best..

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Help with Gy6 Wiring (stock Harness)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 am 
What harness are you using?

Can you post pics of what you have already done?

You can look through build threads, (*ahem* pg17) and get some ideas, since many have posted that as part of their threads. There is no right or wrong way to do what's under the battery box. Just zip it in tight and put the cover over it. It might look like a birds nest, but that's why cover it.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

n00bie

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:41 am 
I am using the stock ruckus harness. will post pictures of what im looking at later today when im home from work.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 am 
The stock GET harness won't work with a GY6. There are shops that will modify it for you but I've never heard great things about doing it that way. But it can, and is, done. But bone stock no va, no beuno.

The typical harness is an ATR or Dan Maxx. Both require that you modify a whole bunch of stuff, the fuel pump, the CDI, the rectifier , the starting mechanism, etc. You also get rid of the ECU.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

n00bie

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:34 am 
http://battlescooterstore.com/More/Arti ... wap-Wiring

This is the write up I was following

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 pm 
Yeah. That's the way of doing the harness I was talking about.

But do the usual, bust out the multi meter and make sure all those spade terminals are good end to end. Try the screwdriver across the starter solenoid trick.

Chances are it's a bad ground so check all those. Make sure they are touching metal not powder or paint. Make sure the front and rear frame are on the same ground... er grounded together.

Dunno.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet