Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Next mod: MUFFLER
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm 
As the season is almost over - now it is the right time to decide what I would like to modify next for 2012 rides ...
Now it comes to exhaust.
Please advice - I was looking at BEAMS (wow, nice SS400 CARBON II - but the price :cry: ), SuperTrapp - but which model shall I consider?
Any other hints? Maybe there is somebody in Europe?

Please advice - I was also thinking of modifying the stock one just to get more power - but if I manage to find smthing nice with reasonable price - then I prefer this solution.

Thanks,
Wudek

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Next mod: MUFFLER
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:51 pm 
well if u want cheap i'm in china. dirt cheap, pretty cool, good performence, and pretty crappy quality. can get a good header pipe though

Grammar Ninja
Grammar Ninja
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:54 pm 
For a Big Ruckus???

#5 v1.0

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 am 
Si Senor !
Why not? Nice outlook/sound - and better performance ... I hope.

Cheers,
Wudek

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 am 
poontangluva wrote:
well if u want cheap i'm in china. dirt cheap, pretty cool, good performence, and pretty crappy quality. can get a good header pipe though

Can you send some photos/price ideas?
Maybe worth to try ...
Thanks,
Wudek

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:50 am 
HiTechRedneck wrote:
For a Big Ruckus???

no...i don't think so. need to check peoples rides before i comment.

mostly for jog's and gy6's......mufflers will be ok...no headers though

as for wudzio

here's a link...browse away

http://search.taobao.com/search?q=gy6%C5%C5%C6%F8%B9%DC

the cheap stuff is pretty crappy....to be honest i don't think these bike's need a real big exhaust. my current exhaust has a much smaller hole than my last 1.....doesn't make much difference at all. a good header can help a lot though

i like this one http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3979062994

it's hand made...looks solid and very beefy

my current exhaust is also hand made and it's good but crappy workmanship. it cost 120 i think. this 1 is 400. hopefully it would be worth it (this is chinese money BTW)

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:52 pm 
so im confused doesnt wudzio ride a BR but you said you cant get exhaust for a BR?

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 pm 
what, are you being sarcastic? i don't even know what a BR is. I made a mistake assuming it was a GY6 ruck swap. He wants a muffler anyway. mufflers r very interchangable. there's a few different styles in which the muffler connects to the header. if the connection matches it will fit. or like mine, u can easily modify it. how well it will work is another story but there is a huge range of sizes that will function pretty much the same. biggest difference is the noise it makes. it's pretty hard to go too big or too small. this is for most common and mildy modded bikes. if u have a highly tuned beast it will be a bit more fussy but i'm talking race ingines. i've seen gy6's runnining 1/2 inch headers - 1 1/2 inch headers. most engines don't really care so it just comes down to whether u want a quiet bike, beefy, or u want to set off car alarms as u ride by. It seems wudzio is in poland or somewhere and has limited access. China is home of the scooter and the choices r amazing and cheap. just giving him an option. he could probably buy 4 or 5 for the price 1 from the US. I've had some kick-ass $25 complete sets. decent sized beautiful looking stainless steel header and and cool looking cannon of a muffler. Quality is pretty crap though. last about 8 mths. He knows that. this 1 cost 130 rmb. you can pay more....600....even up to about 1400 and buy the best u can buy. top quality taiwanese stuff with heaps of R&D behind it.
it's nice to have a choice. and the link i sent him will take hours to sort through

oh...and i know yoshi's r very popular over there. i don't have a lot of knowledge about yoshi's other than their reputation....they r the best. but keep in mind yoshi's are not generic. they r built for purpose, a specific bike. if you r not using it for that specific bike then really, what's the point? it just a rock solid quality brand with heaps of street cred that's made for another bike.....maybe i'm wrong. but the taiwanese gear like FM, FRC, and others is specifically desinged for your GY6, JOG, whatever. ever heard of a yoshi racing team? i haven't. these companies race and develop.

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:02 am 
---here's the muffler mod from the performance heading,,, muffler dissection ...(read entire section for for more ideas...)

[quote="jimT"]---i drilled my muffler as ed described and his performance results are the same as observed. the sound is a lower sounding pulse, perfect!!
---i got my drill extender at Lowes($6) for a 1/4" shaft. i had a 1/2" drill that's reduced to 1/4". i 1st drilled a 1/4" pilot hole, then used the 1/2" to finish.
---NOTE!!!,,, it's not that easy to drill a 1/2" hole though thin steel because the big bit tends to grab, causing the bit to twist in the extender. soooo,,, take it slow and easy! better yet! if you have have access to several 1/4" drive bits open the hole gradually. i did'nt so i took it easy...

----the drill with extender goes into the tailpipe. that pipe is capped inside the muffler...
----look at the last picture of the rear end of the opened muffler,,,in the bottom pipe,,, you can see the cap you're going to drill thru.

---caution---DO NOT!!! use a drill bigger than a 1/2".......
---------do not!!! use a reamer... it can get stuck!!!
---------stop as soon has the drill goes thru the cap metal...
---------tighten the drill in the extender seriously, you don't want it to come off in the muff...

-------------------------luck jimT :loopy

---ps,,, you can also use a 16"---1/2" drill bit

Grammar Ninja
Grammar Ninja
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am 
poontangluva wrote:
what, are you being sarcastic? i don't even know what a BR is. I made a mistake assuming it was a GY6 ruck swap. He wants a muffler anyway. mufflers r very interchangable. there's a few different styles in which the muffler connects to the header.

BR = BIG RUCKUS = 250cc :dubious:

In other words, NOT a GY6 swap. Damn, mang, check what section of TR you're posting in before you respond to a thread. :wasted:

#5 v1.0

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 am 
He wants a muffler ya tosser. I gave him a link to 5,000 or so. And whlie we are at it, why don't you take off that stupid, ignorant avator? Can't you see that they are being played?

Last edited by poontangluva on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grammar Ninja
Grammar Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:16 am 
Dude, lighten up and leave the rude comments out of the conversation, please (and it's avatar, not avator--please spell check yourself before calling someone else ignorant).

It was nice of you to provide links for mufflers, but there is an entire section of TR for the Big Ruckus, ergo, your assumption of a GY6 swap was incorrect. Just wondering how you've been on TR for almost a year and NOT know what a BR is... :meh:

#5 v1.0