Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: What Did You Do To Your "Big Ruckus" Today?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pm 
Thanks Ron! What color is yours? What's your top speed?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:51 pm 
Summersmorning wrote:
Thanks Ron! What color is yours? What's your top speed?

Red 2015
60 mph

Mine is completely 100% Stock and staying that way. :banger:

SlimClone: Fuck off Ron

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:00 am 
When I was 18 or so, we got Hondas, me a 160, brother a 250 and a close friend a 90.
Thus learned to shift early. wasn't bad 1 down 4 up? then we got Triumphs in England
for a summer cruise through Europe. toughest part was shift was on other side, we learned.
BR is kind of fun no shifting, but it's good to know. I drive a manual Tacoma..practice

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 pm 
Very nice Ron! Love the red ones. Mine is a 2014, bought it used last summer, it had 243 miles on it. 60mph is really good. I'd keep mine all stock too.

Hobie, Triumphs had shift on the right side? That would be pretty hard to get used to.....

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Bathroom mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:16 pm 
Oil change, gear oil change, new custom shock, leg shields, poor man's j costa roller slider installation, air filter, fuel filter, front rack, install usb ports for phone gps etc. Also did seat mod to adjust backrest, i bought this BR in 2016 with less than 2200 miles. has almost 3k now. i don't think it had had any maintenance done since new. Since it is 11 years old just did everything at once. My son did most of the work. Had new Power Pure tires but on last fall because of dry rot concerns. She should be ready to run for a while now. Thanks to members for all the advice

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:39 am 
I had to load my BR up into my pick up bed, as it died on my way home from work Friday. Only the second time I had to do that.
It's been running just fantastic for a couple of years now, and every fall it seems to love the cooler air.

On the way to where I was working that day, at a light, I thought I got a whiff of coolant smell. That is very unusual, no lights came on, and when I stopped it, I checked the filler cap, it was tight on, and the coolant was cool to the touch.
It just felt that something was not correct.

On my way home, about half way, maybe 7-8 miles after I left, again at a light, I smelled a whiff of coolant.At the next light, I thought the engine sound seemed a touch louder also.
I was about a mile from home, when I was running around the 45 MPH mark, when it just bogged down and shut off, and I got off the road.
It would not start.
I got a ride home, put the ramps in the truck, and a very nice person helped me get up in the back.
I got my manual out and started plotting a path to find the issue, and replace the parts, and maybe update anything in the area.
No coolant is leaking, coolant level perfect, no temp indicator lights came on, makes me think of a stuck open thermostat, and a simple water bath will show me that once I get it out. The coolant is only a season old.
I'll also check the fan motor, but I'd think the coolant would have been hot when I checked it with my finger probe.

I'm all ears if any of you good mechanics have any advice.

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 pm 
Even if all that were bad (dirty coolant, stuck tstat) the engine would still start and run. My guess is it was getting hot, possibly from a stuck tstat and eventually shut itself off. I know the little rucks have a temp cutoff. If they get too warm the ecu will kill the ignition. Have you tried starting it since getting home? If it starts and runs normally I’d certainly dig into the cooling system

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Shop mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:18 am 
[ Have you tried starting it since getting home?]
I did try to start it, starter does not turn at all. I have plenty of battery.
I did not have time remove the tupperware yet.
I will take it all off so I can go through and check all those bolts we never get to see, and try and figure out with a meter what switch failed.

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:30 am 
If the engine doesn't at least crank when you hit the starter then there is a good chance its seized. I'd drain the oil and check for any metallics and remove the front cover on the CVT, try and turn the engine by hand.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:52 pm 
3900 miles, belt schreaded. I was running max throttle. Scooter had been getting a little bit faster top end. Good thing it has a rev limiter. I installed the bando $$$ belt. How long before it breaks in ??? I lost 3 mph and it feels like it has tracks.
Cheato,, any luck?

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Shop mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:28 am 
[Cheato,, any luck?]
Thanks for asking.
No, I just got finished a big job, needed to put all the tools and equipment back in place to have some room.
So today will be my first scooter time, so I can tear it apart and start the hunt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37