Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:47 pm 
Actually I had planned on going to the rally, but a lack of sleep, and the possibility of rain canceled my plans! :cry:

06 Big Ruckus
04 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
79 Vespa P200E

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: rally...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:32 pm 
---mikeS,,,

---1st have a good rainsuit in florida :snorkel:

---2nd in florida, 40% chance of rain means that there's 60% of the area that's not going to get rained on. that area was where the rally was and where the 80 mile ride went with a great bar-b-que overlooking a lovily lake. :beers:

--- oh yes,,, did i mention that i was the only BR among all those
snowmobile scooters...... damn i was popular :lol: jimT

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: rally...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:08 pm 
jimT wrote:
---mikeS,,,

---1st have a good rainsuit in florida :snorkel:

Well, I have a good rainsuit, BUT it's currently locked in one of my saddlebags on my Kawasaki, the one with the broken lock! The one I have currently doesn't breath too well, so I'm thinking of replacing it with a Frog Togs suit (I had one before, and it seemed to breath better.

The more important consideration was lack of sleep. I was planning on leaving at 3:30AM Saturday morning so I couold get up to the rally in time for breakfast, so the plan was to go to sleep around 9PM or so Friday, but shit happened, and I ended up finally having time to get some sleep at 2:30AM, and I didn't figure an hour would do much good.

06 Big Ruckus
04 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
79 Vespa P200E

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:39 pm 
still only have the 1/4 inch hole in the chamber. But after changing the rollers i do not yet feel the need to go out of my way for the 1/2 inch hole. Am noticing the slight increase in noise. Which actually sounds good and is a welcome improvement.

Would this mod necessitate a idle/fuel oil ratio adjustment? Just noticing the operational noises more and cannot tell.

Iron Butt
Iron Butt
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 am 
It probably wouldn't hurt to recheck your pilot screw adjustment to recenter it for highest rpm, then reset the idle screw to 1500rpm, + or - 100rpm.

ed

"You live and learn......at any rate, you live."
~Douglas Adams

scooTVdude
scooTVdude

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am 
What about BackFire????
Adding air/holes in the back of muffler.... I'm sure it would cause a backfire on a quick Throttle off from a WOT?
-Honest

My Ruckus is always Faster when I ride by myself
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=67517

Iron Butt
Iron Butt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:13 am 
Holes in the front of the BR's exhaust will certainly make backfires.....
that's one symptom your exhaust gasket is leaking.

With about 2000 miles since doing the mod, mine has not popped any from the hole drilled in the final baffle....the exhaust has passed through 3 chambers by than and any left over fuel has been burned off by that point by virtue of the PAIR pulsed air injector at the exhaust port and the catalytic grill.

I don't have any experience with drilling through the rear of the muffler body into the first expansion chamber, so someone else will have to comment on that mod.

ed

~Douglas Adams

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:25 pm 
I had more "pops" and near "backfire" type noises prior to my drilling. The slightly better "purr" is nice and no more pops.

Iron Butt
Iron Butt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:12 pm 
JimT asked me to post these pictures of the disassembled BR stock muffler.....
this is essentially the same muffler used on the Reflex.
The pics are a step by step dissection of a stock muffler.

Thanks to fstzx9 for kindly donating his takeoff (in the name of research) and to jimT for righteously decapitating it! :twisted:

(umm, nothing some JBWeld wouldn't fix!?) :D

ed

and a closeup I cropped of the rear chamber.....

ed

~Douglas Adams

Last edited by BRed on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grammar Ninja
Grammar Ninja
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 pm 
Nice pics Ed!

So what would happen if someone were to remove the muffler and run, basically, a straigtht pipe?

#5 v1.0

Iron Butt
Iron Butt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 pm 
I'm betting it would be LOUD! :shock:

Based on a few hours riding with a blown header pipe gasket, I don't think you could stand it for long.

but if you cross drilled that shorty pipe with 6 or 8 1/2" holes and then welded it all back together, I bet it would rumble nicely! 8)

ed

~Douglas Adams

One of Us
One of Us

Post subject: straight pipe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:34 am 
---there was a kid here in town that ran a straight pipe on his BR. it ran like 'crap' and sounded like a Saturn without a muffler :barf: :barf: :barf: !!!!
---i got him to race me(this is before all my mods) and i pulled away by a 1/2 block before the next light. he wised up and went back to a muf.

note... i offered to help him add some mods later on but i don't think he trust ole' farts, just my impression. to bad his loss!...

luck jimT :dirty1:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Torque instead of RPM.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:22 am 
To me it seems that the BR has a rev limiter built into the ignition and it wouldn't matter any way.

The revs are limited by the automatic drive system during excelleration so the only place higher revs would come into play is top speed.

I don't really want to go much faster than 60 any way.

So working to increase torque would be the path to earth shaking performance from this bad boy 250cc liquid cooled behemoth.

Well I know the motor will stand up to abuse so why not boost the torque?

Any thoughts?

:?:

CANADIUS MAXIMUS
CANADIUS MAXIMUS

Post subject: Re: Torque instead of RPM.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:52 pm 
ruckless_no_more wrote:
To me it seems that the BR has a rev limiter built into the ignition and it wouldn't matter any way.

The revs are limited by the automatic drive system during excelleration so the only place higher revs would come into play is top speed.

I don't really want to go much faster than 60 any way.

So working to increase torque would be the path to earth shaking performance from this bad boy 250cc liquid cooled behemoth.

Well I know the motor will stand up to abuse so why not boost the torque?

Any thoughts?

:?:

well,.....short of throwing a big-bore kit in,....we've been playing with whats given to increase performance,.....pipes,....re-jetting,....dial-a-jet kits,...clutching....etc....lots and lots in here already to read..... :wink:

2005 BIGUS Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41664

....ya....thats right...."PS-600".....bite me

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: BR muffler dissection...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:26 pm 
No picture of the hole made? Maybe it's too dark in there to see

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next