Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Reflex Carb in a Big Ruckus
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:37 pm 
I read folks are putting a Honda Reflex carb in the big ruckus, it's supposedly faster. Has anyone done this?, if so were there any other mods needed or did it just go right in? My carb needs to be replaced and I'll get the faster one if I can.

Also, any ideas on best parts house online?

Thanks - Jim

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Reflex Carb in a Big Ruckus
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 pm 
I'll point out I'm not a BR expert.

I'd get both. I'd hoard the BR parts while you can get them and get running. That bike has been out of production for 10 years. Then get a reflex to play with.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:08 pm 
It's the same engine in both the Reflex and Big Ruckus. I doubt there will be any performance gains in putting a Reflex Carb in a Big Ruckus. If there is it's very small. :meh:

SlimClone: Fuck off Ron

CANADIUS MAXIMUS
CANADIUS MAXIMUS
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:05 am 
I was considering this carb swap a couple years ago, did some research etc, just never got around to it.

As for the "the motors are the same" , that's the same analogy as all chev 350's are the same , so the 350 in the Silverado is the same as the LT1 in the 'vette , yes the reflex and BR are very similar , many parts identical, but there are differences.

The reflex carb is different , slightly larger bore, and comes jetted slightly fatter, adds approx 2 hp , and I would assume that gain would be if you also swapped the ECU for the reflex mapping , simple plug and play , because it's also mapping the TPS on the carb . If you want to swap the a carb and get the most gain without modifying the actual motor , the Asian version of the reflex ( I can't recall the name of it) , again same basic engine , larger bore carb and jetted fatter yet , combined with the matching ECU will give you approx 5-6 hp over the BR set-up.

So back to your original question.....yes...you CAN simply swap carbs, nothing else added, and you 'should' see a mild improvement .

:highfive:

:canuck:

**edit** - I just remembered the Asian version , the Foresight .

2005 BIGUS Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41664

....ya....thats right...."PS-600".....bite me

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:27 pm 
Did the refelx have an airbox restriction like the BR?