Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm 
Helmets are COOL and saves lives :banger:

And you could always make it look cool by getting a smoked face shield or by just simply buying one you like...

I have a gloss black HAWK H6600 and I bought a smoked out face shield
And I love it...
On the plus side it looks sick :highfive:
IMO...

Alohas

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 pm 
^Anyone else have a hawk helmet?...

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 am 
its the law to wear a helmet here in aus otherwise youre fined 330 dollars but despite that not wearing one is just crazy!

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:55 pm 
Having worked in the ER for several years, I've seen too many riders come in because of situations beyond their control. Some of whom are now messed up for life. I'll never not wear a helmet again. :army:

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:16 pm 
People who don't wear helmets are lessening their chances of reproducing (kinda hard when your a vegetable) which is fine with me. Enough stupid people in the world already.

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:32 pm 
I have 4 helmets 2 full face 1 3/4 &1 motocross. It is not required for riders over 18 here in ct. For the longest time i would never ride with out a helmet untill the first time i rode without. I will say nothing compares to the feeling of not wearing one. I have crashed big bikes dirtbikes and quads both with and without helmets. Most were minor 2 kinda serious a quad rollover down a steep gravel side helmet on had a concussion for about a week. Def was good i had helmet that time. Second dirtbike no helmet 7 stitches proable nerve damage in my neck. Helmet prob wouldnt have changed anything in that incident i got closelined on a cattle fence. Possiably wire could have got tangled in helmet and snapped my kneck. I lived in nh for a year had a big bike up there never wore a helmet. Moved back to ct got scooters this past summer. I didnt wear a helmet till it got cool out. I tried to wear full face but i feel claustrophibic in it. I found the motocross helmet with visor removed more comfortable. After riding the scoots for a few months i think i want to have a nice helmet again. It is sketchy especialy when riding alone these things are smaller and slower and people see them even less than a big bike. Does any one have suggestions on a style of full face that is not so close to the face particularly the jaw area. I have gone to my local motorcycle dealer but all the brands they carry in stock feel the same. Any feedback on good or bad on wearing motocross style on street?

04 VW gti 1.8t
02 Toyota Tundra access cab 4x4 V8

Space Docker
Space Docker

The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 pm 
Another good reason to wear a helmet, if you need one: my neighbor is a cop, and I've talked to him about my scooter and scooters in general. He knows I'm way faster than the legal limit, and I get spotted all the time doing mid-40s, but I have never been hassled. He said they're much more likely to pull someone who isn't wearing a helmet. They usually just glance at me then ignore me.

Kinda like women...

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

The way it should be Living room mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 pm 
You need sex panther
"60% of the time, it works ALL the time." Plus it goes really well on road rash, especially on the skull!

fuck.

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 pm 
Just eat a little celery everyday, OF. Chicks dig a guy that eats dat celery.

Space Docker
Space Docker

The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 am 
I_Am_Swol wrote:
Just eat a little celery everyday, OF. Chicks dig a guy that eats dat celery.

On my way to the grocery store - gots to get me some celery!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:40 am 
Helmet all the time, foo! I gotta wear one on the toilet.

T?@\7 wrote:
You need sex panther
"60% of the time, it works ALL the time." Plus it goes really well on road rash, especially on the skull!

Smells like Bigfoot's dick!

* * * CHICAGO SPEED CAMERA -MAP * * *
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/feature?section=news/local&id=9203444

Space Docker
Space Docker

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:40 pm 
flesh!ight wrote:
Smells like Bigfoot's dick!

Should I point out the obvious question that follows that comment?

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:57 pm 
panZer wrote:
I have 4 helmets 2 full face 1 3/4 &1 motocross. It is not required for riders over 18 here in ct. For the longest time i would never ride with out a helmet untill the first time i rode without. I will say nothing compares to the feeling of not wearing one. I have crashed big bikes dirtbikes and quads both with and without helmets. Most were minor 2 kinda serious a quad rollover down a steep gravel side helmet on had a concussion for about a week. Def was good i had helmet that time. Second dirtbike no helmet 7 stitches proable nerve damage in my neck. Helmet prob wouldnt have changed anything in that incident i got closelined on a cattle fence. Possiably wire could have got tangled in helmet and snapped my kneck. I lived in nh for a year had a big bike up there never wore a helmet. Moved back to ct got scooters this past summer. I didnt wear a helmet till it got cool out. I tried to wear full face but i feel claustrophibic in it. I found the motocross helmet with visor removed more comfortable. After riding the scoots for a few months i think i want to have a nice helmet again. It is sketchy especialy when riding alone these things are smaller and slower and people see them even less than a big bike. Does any one have suggestions on a style of full face that is not so close to the face particularly the jaw area. I have gone to my local motorcycle dealer but all the brands they carry in stock feel the same. Any feedback on good or bad on wearing motocross style on street?

So seriously any suggestions for me?

04 VW gti 1.8t
02 Toyota Tundra access cab 4x4 V8

Space Docker
Space Docker

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
panZer wrote:
panZer wrote:

So seriously any suggestions for me?

Wear whatever your most comfortable with, just wear one. One reason most of the helmets in your motorcycle dealer feel the same is they pretty much are if your looking in one price range. You would be amazed that about 90% (or more) of helmets under the $600 mark are made in China, and of those there are a few Chinese companies that produce the majority. What brands did you try? What price range? If you want suggestions beyond that, a helmet should fit as tight as you can stand it. Loose helmet = no bueno.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 pm 
i felt the same as you. Most I tried on seemed to claustrophobic for me, till I tried on the Nolan N44. I like the flexibility. Might want to check it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next