Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 355
Location: Kahului
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm 
Image
Helmets are COOL and saves lives :banger:

And you could always make it look cool by getting a smoked face shield or by just simply buying one you like...

I have a gloss black HAWK H6600 and I bought a smoked out face shield
And I love it...
On the plus side it looks sick :highfive:
IMO...

Alohas

_________________
"ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY TO RIDE IN HAWAII NEI"


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 355
Location: Kahului
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 pm 
^Anyone else have a hawk helmet?...

_________________
"ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY TO RIDE IN HAWAII NEI"


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 39
Location: brisbane australia
Gender: Not sure

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 am 
its the law to wear a helmet here in aus otherwise youre fined 330 dollars but despite that not wearing one is just crazy!


Top
 Profile  
 

n00bie


Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 7
Location: Nevada
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:55 pm 
Having worked in the ER for several years, I've seen too many riders come in because of situations beyond their control. Some of whom are now messed up for life. I'll never not wear a helmet again. :army:


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3220
Location: Mooresville, NC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:16 pm 
People who don't wear helmets are lessening their chances of reproducing (kinda hard when your a vegetable) which is fine with me. Enough stupid people in the world already.

Image

_________________
My Met Build
Cracka Jacked viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50500


"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti


Top
 Profile  
 

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2049
Location: Scottsbluff, NE
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Shop mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:32 pm 
I have 4 helmets 2 full face 1 3/4 &1 motocross. It is not required for riders over 18 here in ct. For the longest time i would never ride with out a helmet untill the first time i rode without. I will say nothing compares to the feeling of not wearing one. I have crashed big bikes dirtbikes and quads both with and without helmets. Most were minor 2 kinda serious a quad rollover down a steep gravel side helmet on had a concussion for about a week. Def was good i had helmet that time. Second dirtbike no helmet 7 stitches proable nerve damage in my neck. Helmet prob wouldnt have changed anything in that incident i got closelined on a cattle fence. Possiably wire could have got tangled in helmet and snapped my kneck. I lived in nh for a year had a big bike up there never wore a helmet. Moved back to ct got scooters this past summer. I didnt wear a helmet till it got cool out. I tried to wear full face but i feel claustrophibic in it. I found the motocross helmet with visor removed more comfortable. After riding the scoots for a few months i think i want to have a nice helmet again. It is sketchy especialy when riding alone these things are smaller and slower and people see them even less than a big bike. Does any one have suggestions on a style of full face that is not so close to the face particularly the jaw area. I have gone to my local motorcycle dealer but all the brands they carry in stock feel the same. Any feedback on good or bad on wearing motocross style on street?

_________________
2008 ruckus GET
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=87551&start=0

04 VW gti 1.8t
02 Toyota Tundra access cab 4x4 V8


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3581
Location: Just north of the ol' Clampett homestead
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 pm 
Another good reason to wear a helmet, if you need one: my neighbor is a cop, and I've talked to him about my scooter and scooters in general. He knows I'm way faster than the legal limit, and I get spotted all the time doing mid-40s, but I have never been hassled. He said they're much more likely to pull someone who isn't wearing a helmet. They usually just glance at me then ignore me.

Kinda like women...

_________________
my damaged buildthread


Top
 Profile  
 

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 19477
Location: Mt. Zion
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Living room mechanic
2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 pm 
You need sex panther
Image
"60% of the time, it works ALL the time." Plus it goes really well on road rash, especially on the skull!

_________________
SHAKKA
Image
Be like BOB ROSS
fuck.


Top
 Profile  
 

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 4132
Location: Rut Roads SC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 pm 
Just eat a little celery everyday, OF. Chicks dig a guy that eats dat celery.

_________________
My Build Thread: Dirty Ugly Love
CCON 2013 OBX
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3581
Location: Just north of the ol' Clampett homestead
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 am 
I_Am_Swol wrote:
Just eat a little celery everyday, OF. Chicks dig a guy that eats dat celery.

On my way to the grocery store - gots to get me some celery!

_________________
my damaged buildthread


Top
 Profile  
 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1276
Location: Chicago
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:40 am 
Helmet all the time, foo! I gotta wear one on the toilet.

T?@\7 wrote:
You need sex panther
Image
"60% of the time, it works ALL the time." Plus it goes really well on road rash, especially on the skull!

Smells like Bigfoot's dick!

_________________
something something DAARKSIDE. something something COMPLETE
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=70621

* * * CHICAGO SPEED CAMERA -MAP * * *
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/feature?section=news/local&id=9203444


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3220
Location: Mooresville, NC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:40 pm 
flesh!ight wrote:
Smells like Bigfoot's dick!



Should I point out the obvious question that follows that comment?

_________________
My Met Build
Cracka Jacked viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50500


"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti


Top
 Profile  
 

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2049
Location: Scottsbluff, NE
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Shop mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:57 pm 
panZer wrote:
I have 4 helmets 2 full face 1 3/4 &1 motocross. It is not required for riders over 18 here in ct. For the longest time i would never ride with out a helmet untill the first time i rode without. I will say nothing compares to the feeling of not wearing one. I have crashed big bikes dirtbikes and quads both with and without helmets. Most were minor 2 kinda serious a quad rollover down a steep gravel side helmet on had a concussion for about a week. Def was good i had helmet that time. Second dirtbike no helmet 7 stitches proable nerve damage in my neck. Helmet prob wouldnt have changed anything in that incident i got closelined on a cattle fence. Possiably wire could have got tangled in helmet and snapped my kneck. I lived in nh for a year had a big bike up there never wore a helmet. Moved back to ct got scooters this past summer. I didnt wear a helmet till it got cool out. I tried to wear full face but i feel claustrophibic in it. I found the motocross helmet with visor removed more comfortable. After riding the scoots for a few months i think i want to have a nice helmet again. It is sketchy especialy when riding alone these things are smaller and slower and people see them even less than a big bike. Does any one have suggestions on a style of full face that is not so close to the face particularly the jaw area. I have gone to my local motorcycle dealer but all the brands they carry in stock feel the same. Any feedback on good or bad on wearing motocross style on street?

So seriously any suggestions for me?

_________________
2008 ruckus GET
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=87551&start=0

04 VW gti 1.8t
02 Toyota Tundra access cab 4x4 V8


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3220
Location: Mooresville, NC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
panZer wrote:
panZer wrote:
I have 4 helmets 2 full face 1 3/4 &1 motocross. It is not required for riders over 18 here in ct. For the longest time i would never ride with out a helmet untill the first time i rode without. I will say nothing compares to the feeling of not wearing one. I have crashed big bikes dirtbikes and quads both with and without helmets. Most were minor 2 kinda serious a quad rollover down a steep gravel side helmet on had a concussion for about a week. Def was good i had helmet that time. Second dirtbike no helmet 7 stitches proable nerve damage in my neck. Helmet prob wouldnt have changed anything in that incident i got closelined on a cattle fence. Possiably wire could have got tangled in helmet and snapped my kneck. I lived in nh for a year had a big bike up there never wore a helmet. Moved back to ct got scooters this past summer. I didnt wear a helmet till it got cool out. I tried to wear full face but i feel claustrophibic in it. I found the motocross helmet with visor removed more comfortable. After riding the scoots for a few months i think i want to have a nice helmet again. It is sketchy especialy when riding alone these things are smaller and slower and people see them even less than a big bike. Does any one have suggestions on a style of full face that is not so close to the face particularly the jaw area. I have gone to my local motorcycle dealer but all the brands they carry in stock feel the same. Any feedback on good or bad on wearing motocross style on street?

So seriously any suggestions for me?


Wear whatever your most comfortable with, just wear one. One reason most of the helmets in your motorcycle dealer feel the same is they pretty much are if your looking in one price range. You would be amazed that about 90% (or more) of helmets under the $600 mark are made in China, and of those there are a few Chinese companies that produce the majority. What brands did you try? What price range? If you want suggestions beyond that, a helmet should fit as tight as you can stand it. Loose helmet = no bueno.

_________________
My Met Build
Cracka Jacked viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50500


"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti


Top
 Profile  
 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1688
Location: Hillsboro OR
Gender: Dude
The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 pm 
i felt the same as you. Most I tried on seemed to claustrophobic for me, till I tried on the Nolan N44. I like the flexibility. Might want to check it out.

_________________
Team Floorboard
My PDX Ruck


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: No rucksters and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

Technophobes: click here if you are having issues registering or logging in

TotalRuckus.com 2005-2015 (That’s 10 F’ing years!) - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group