Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 pm 
i wear my helmet and jacket at all times.. i hear people talk about helmets are too hot.. or look stupid.. block vision.. what complete nonsense.. like someone said above.. buy a GOOD helmet.. with good circulation.. if anyone can just look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36495

and tell me there is no reason to wear a helmet.. then ya'll crazy..

a customer of mine.. his wife came to pay his bill which was past due.. i know them so i didnt think much of it.. during the summer they ride all over the eastern US and do rides for Honda motorcycles.. he also has a harley that he rides.. well she said the reason they haven't come to pay the bill was he was in an accident a month ago and he just now is coming home from the hospital.. broken bones.. cracked hip.. broken palet on his face.. he was wearing a 3/4 helmet not a full face.. all because someone pulled in front of him.. if he didnt have that 3/4 helmet on he would be dead right now.. i always wear my full face.. its modular.. the same one i have is snell and dot rated.. i wouldnt trust my melon with anything otherwise..

lets just keep everyone safe.. wear a gd helmet.. be less 'cool' but your loves ones will be happy that you do..

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 am 
yeah know, maybe its my years of riding a bicycle and wearing a helmet, but part of the enjoyment of riding my scoot around the busy streets of Chicago is the joy I get from getting all geared up. Helmet, gloves, tactical vest with pouches, rocknroll.

Even riding up and down the block to test stuff out without a helmet, I feel totally vulnerable and exposed.

Around here, you have giant SUVs with Mt. Everest sized blind spots, Mariana Trench deep potholes, and naturally, dingbat ditz sluts Twitting on iPhones too busy to pay attention to see me zipping down the street. Plus, add cabbies who don't give a shit about anything, over-braking prone gay ass Priuses, and CTA buses taking up 2 lanes, NOT wearing a helmet is the dumbest possible thing you can do.

It seriously irritates me that people would put looking "cool" above their own safety. Instead of worrying what you look like [nobody fucking cares anyways, this is Chicago, they have naked hippy bikerides n shit] how about protect yourself so you're not a giant liability. Paramedics should be saving people from unpreventable incidents, not completely avoidable pavement splatters in the name of vanity.

IF you really want to get yourself killed, save yourself the scooter, gas, and insurance money, and just hang yourself in a closet.

/rant.

* * * CHICAGO SPEED CAMERA -MAP * * *
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/feature?section=news/local&id=9203444

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 pm 
In NM helmets are not required. I always ride with one. They have saved me a couple times. What gets me are the guys that ride with there helmet on the side of the bike in the helmet lock. But that's just the way it goes. However I feel if you dont wear one its just another way of weeding out the less intelligent.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 pm 
i choose for the helmet cause..
helmet is usefull enterms of..
desgrace...

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:19 pm 
Here in PA it is not recommended that you wear a helmet when i first got my ruck i hardly ever had my helmet on then started getting tired of getting smacked in the face with bugs n debree from car tires etc so now i wear my helmet always 8)

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=77938
KNUCKLE DRAGGER BUILD THREAD

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:23 pm 
s10lowryde wrote:
Here in PA it is not recommended that you wear a helmet

It's "not required" does mean the the same thing as "not recommended". Just sayin......

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:37 pm 
YEA what he ^^^^ said
racerx wrote:
s10lowryde wrote:
Here in PA it is not recommended that you wear a helmet

It's "not required" does mean the the same thing as "not recommended". Just sayin......

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=77938
KNUCKLE DRAGGER BUILD THREAD

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 pm 
Texas does not legally require helmets. I thinks its a dumb law to make people wear them. It should be a choice. I have been riding motorcycles for years. I have been hit, bike totaled, helmet on, and I advocate helmets. But it should be a choice. That being said I don't always wear a helmet. I hate wearing it, though I usually do wear it anyways. I do see better without it. I hear better with out it. And I hate when people get all preachy about wearing it. Like I don't know its dangerous. Thanks for telling me. Mom and girlfriend are both nurses. I've had my own accident. If you wear yours great, its safer, but don't go calling others names because they don't do something you do. Car drivers are calling you an idiot for riding a mini bike on a road full of inattentive truck a SUV drivers.

07 Honda Ruckus - sold
11 Honda Ruckus - sold
09 Vstar 950 - sold
2009 Honda Ruckus

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 pm 
Helmet........always.
what

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 pm 
Helmet saved my face from being all shredded up.

Always wear my helmet.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
 Post subject: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:24 pm 
I always wear a helmet, and for those people saying thy can see their cars next to them , that's why both mirrors are there.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 am 
BlueRidgeRuckus wrote:
i wear my helmet and jacket at all times.. i hear people talk about helmets are too hot.. or look stupid.. block vision.. what complete nonsense.. like someone said above.. buy a GOOD helmet.. with good circulation.. if anyone can just look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36495

and tell me there is no reason to wear a helmet.. then ya'll crazy..

a customer of mine.. his wife came to pay his bill which was past due.. i know them so i didnt think much of it.. during the summer they ride all over the eastern US and do rides for Honda motorcycles.. he also has a harley that he rides.. well she said the reason they haven't come to pay the bill was he was in an accident a month ago and he just now is coming home from the hospital.. broken bones.. cracked hip.. broken palet on his face.. he was wearing a 3/4 helmet not a full face.. all because someone pulled in front of him.. if he didnt have that 3/4 helmet on he would be dead right now.. i always wear my full face.. its modular.. the same one i have is snell and dot rated.. i wouldnt trust my melon with anything otherwise..

lets just keep everyone safe.. wear a gd helmet.. be less 'cool' but your loves ones will be happy that you do..

i totally agree blueridge, i have a cheap gmax full face with vented top and chin.
it does have its blind spot's but the mirrors and a glance over my shoulder works everytime.
with all the idiots out driving drunk and texting i would rather be safe than sorry :highfive:

Appear interested when not and vice versa ..... sun tzu

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am 
PA you dont need one. i only wear one at night or if im riding alone, if theres multiple rucks, i wont...

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm 
Better start wearing it now son because I just got mine and I might as well get my money worth lol

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm 
A rock flew up the other day and would have ruined my month if I didn't have my helmet on. Didn't see it coming but it probably would have hit right over my eye if I didn't have my helmet on and my face shield down. This was in 35mph city riding.

Last Summer I was talking to a guy who was riding China Special in his shorts. I jokingly said, "First time a bee flies up your shorts you'll change your mind in a hurry about riding in shorts." He said, "Yeah. Been there but these were my only clean clothes today." To which I answered, "You know those things always go straight for the dick." He said, "Close. Almost put me in the hospital."

3 years ago Fall, a European Hornet, big sucker, hit my sunglasses on the right side and grabbed hold of the frames and nailed me right over my right eye BEHIND THE FRAMES! This was at 40mph. Fucker was vengeful! There was a 5 minute period where it felt like my chest was getting tight and that I was simply going to have to pull over and lay down on the ground. I started feeling better though and kept on my way. Sometimes if the sting is close to the heart I have to stop and take medical precautions. If I had a helmet and face shield on that day, it would not have been an issue. Since I got a helmet I always wear it, every time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next