Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Helmet or No Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 am 
As I was saying.........
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811208.PDF

This report examines the relationship between motorcycle helmet use and motorcycle crash outcomes in terms of injury types, hospital charges, and other variables employing data from the Crash Outcome Data Evaluation System (CODES), a program facilitated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Helmeted motorcyclists were less likely to experience facial and head injuries compared to unhelmeted motorcyclists. Helmeted motorcyclists were significantly less likely to experience a traumatic brain injury. TBIs are of particular concern in our study. TBI was associated with significantly higher hospital charges. Additionally, motorcyclists with TBI were much less likely to be discharged home and more likely to require rehabilitation or to be discharged to a long-term care facility following their hospitalization. Both of these destinations are likely to result in costs and burdens for the injured motorcyclists beyond the scope of this study’s data. Finally, motorcyclists involved in alcohol- or drug-related crashes and speed-related crashes had higher odds of experiencing poor outcomes.

This:

Or this:

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 am 
Holy Shit!!!!! :|

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=65245

Space Docker
Space Docker

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 am 
This is off of Arai's website under the "testimonials" section. I actually saw this very helmet on display at the Performance Racing Industry trade show in 2007. This is the difference between a good helmet and a cheap helmet, but that's a whole different thread.

The Most Damaged Helmet We've Ever Seen

A 140 MPH Get-Off & Taking Out a Signpost With His Head!

The Most Damaged Helmets We've Ever SeenDear Arai Helmets:

I want to express my gratitude for the fine product you make and the way one of your helmets served me in an accident.

I was riding westbound on 1-20 near Weatherford, TX at what eyewitnesses later said was about 140mph on my CBR600RR when the accident happened. I don't remember the accident or, in fact, most of that day. However, I know I took out a street sign with my Arai helmeted head and also took out a guard rail which indicates the force of the impact.

Most of my ribs on the left side were broken as was my sternum. My lungs were bruised. My leg was broken in eight places and my back was broken. There was no injury to my head or brain thanks to my Arai helmet. I was a paramedic for six years and attended too many crashed motorcyclists and had seen first hand the difference a quality helmet can make in the after accident outcome. That is why I bought the Arai just two weeks before my accident.

The responding trooper had taken the helmet to use in safety lectures. When I asked my mother to get the helmet for me she contacted him. He was amazed that I had survived and returned the helmet so that I could use it in my own lectures on safety. My body was so damaged that the hospital gave me only a ten percent chance of recovering. But I did and my head and brain are just fine and I've returned to full time work. I've sent a series of photos of the helmet so that you can see how good a job it did for me.

Thanks again Arai, Gary B. / Fort Worth TX

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 pm 
While we're on about safety ...

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 pm 
My dad died of a head injury on a bike back in 82' they said he would have lived with a helmet. Still ya'll's choice.

He was an old school biker NEVER wore one.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 am 
Wear a Helmet all the Time! Even if you're just going on a short ride!

SlimClone: Fuck off Ron

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 am 

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:05 am 
:shock: this thread makes me want to wear a helmet at all times. scary..

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:55 pm 
Either your state requires you to wear one or it doesn't.
Even if it doesn't, wear it. All the arguing about it restricting your vision is BS. Put one on, sit on your bike, look around, turn your head like you should do anyway for a lane change. Is it blocking your vision?
I bet the answer is no.

The state house in SC just recently sent legislation to require helmets to the governor's desk. She said veto without even reading it. Really? Like she's standing up for the Constitution or something? Let her repeal the seatbelt law if that's how she feels.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:43 pm 
I_Am_Swol wrote:
Either your state requires you to wear one or it doesn't.
Even if it doesn't, wear it. All the arguing about it restricting your vision is BS. Put one on, sit on your bike, look around, turn your head like you should do anyway for a lane change. Is it blocking your vision?
I bet the answer is no.

The state house in SC just recently sent legislation to require helmets to the governor's desk. She said veto without even reading it. Really? Like she's standing up for the Constitution or something? Let her repeal the seatbelt law if that's how she feels.

Nikki Haley is a bitch! She doesn't care about us, she's into politics.
Be responsible for your own safety people! Don't depend on others to keep you alive.

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 pm 
helmets :luke

SupremeMullet wrote:
You should take this guys word for it. If anyone knows cluster fucks of projects it's Keith

the project DIRTYSLUTS

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:10 pm 
If your helmet blocks your vision, get one that doesn't. Being too cheap to buy a comfortable helmet is a poor excuse for ending up dead.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 am 
no helmet? what are you stupid? shoulda gone back in time to tell your mom to get an abortion so it can save the paramedics and my tax dollars the trouble of scraping dumbasses off the pavement with caved in skulls.

AND ive seen vespa retards riding on the expressways. hope they get splattered so their kin learns a lesson...

ps. LOL @ Spaceballs.

Comb the desert!
Have you found anything?
Maaaan, we aint found shit!

* * * CHICAGO SPEED CAMERA -MAP * * *
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/feature?section=news/local&id=9203444

Last edited by flesh!ight on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 am 
too much to lose to not wear a helmet, i have a family, a girlfriend, a job, friends.... everytime i see somebody not wearing a helmet, i just wonder if they think about everything possible that can happen.

i used to ride my gsxr600 in shorts and a tshirt, but Id ALWAYS wear a helmet, no matter what, and sure enough, a few years into riding that bike, i got knocked down HARD. if i wasn't wearing a helmet, i'd for sure be retarded, or have busted my head open and died. I got tboned at an intersection by a truck going about 40mph.

I WILL NEVER RIDE WITHOUT A HELMET. unless its like, down my driveway. if i'm going anywhere with any other cars in sight, or going over 20mph, helmet is on my head.

PLUS.

in my opinion, it looks way cooler to see some dude crusing down the highway on a nice crotch rocket, with matching gear, a nice jacket, some gloves, and a nice helmet, than it does to see some hoonigan cruising down IH-35 with flip flops, no shirt, and no helmet.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES GUYS. PS HELMETS LOOK COOL.

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 am 
i love seeign guys on the freeway in shorts tank top flipflops and sunglasses and a helmet. when he wrecks hes not going to hav any skin left but he wont be dead. i will admit i dont wear my helmet as much as i should and i usually ask my self y i didnt grab it as im riding but if im on one of my buddys bikes i hav the brain bucket on and if we are goign a long ways away ive got the leather jacket and brain bucket.

my ride
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=57840
ride game
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57150

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next