Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Rides & Routes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm 
BrotherRoscoe wrote:
Is noon too late to leave? or should we aim for 11?

It is a little late I agree. But this way it gives everyone time to eat breakfast, sober up and make it to the hotel. Let's try to meet at 11 and roll out by noon. Probably be getting back around 7-8 or so.

CarolinaCon 08,09,10,11,12

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 pm 
what is the over/under on the return time?

CANADIUS MAXIMUS
CANADIUS MAXIMUS
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm 
Sawman wrote:

well,......there might be a semi-official group ride to the closest Hooters Thursday or Friday night........ :wink:

:canuck:

Is this Hooters still in town ????...."Hooters of Kitty Hawk" ???

http://www.ncbeaches.com/Outerbanks/Kit ... s/Hooters/

According to mapquest, its only 6 miles away from the hotel,...6 minutes.

2005 BIGUS Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41664

....ya....thats right...."PS-600".....bite me

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 pm 
pedi-oto wrote:
what is the over/under on the return time?

7-8 at the latest. 4-5 at the earliest... I would think.

CarolinaCon 08,09,10,11,12

The Unknown Unicorn
The Unknown Unicorn
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm 
Sawman wrote:
Sawman wrote:

well,......there might be a semi-official group ride to the closest Hooters Thursday or Friday night........ :wink:

Is this Hooters still in town ????...."Hooters of Kitty Hawk" ???

http://www.ncbeaches.com/Outerbanks/Kit ... s/Hooters/

According to mapquest, its only 6 miles away from the hotel,...6 minutes.

No. It was owned by the same franchise that had the one in Asheville

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
I am looking to do an afternoon ride on Thursday before I have to turn around and start heading back to Winston Salem. I was thinking of heading north on the OBX and exploring around Kill Devil Hills area for a little historical perspective (Wright Brothers 'first' flight). There is a cool lighthouse up in Currituck (Corolla) that can be toured but that may be too far.

Chicken & Waffles
Chicken & Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 pm 
pedi-oto wrote:
I am looking to do an afternoon ride on Thursday before I have to turn around and start heading back to Winston Salem. I was thinking of heading north on the OBX and exploring around Kill Devil Hills area for a little historical perspective (Wright Brothers 'first' flight). There is a cool lighthouse up in Currituck (Corolla) that can be toured but that may be too far.

It's only about 30 miles north, I think its do-able and sounds like fun.

CarolinaCoN 2016, June 1-5
2012 Majesty

CarolinaCoN '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14/'15
WAN's farewell '08
2006 BR 38,500 miles 9/07-11/13 (R.I.P.)

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Bathroom mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 pm 
pedi-oto wrote:

The mrs. and I will be there here entire week. She's going to be pretty slow on her scoot, but I thnk this is a doable ride. If she's not into it ill do it with you.

Chicken & Waffles
Chicken & Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:05 am 
jmzd4 wrote:
The mrs. and I will be there here entire week. She's going to be pretty slow on her scoot, but I thnk this is a doable ride. If she's not into it ill do it with you.

ya better start working on it now and re-tuning it to make it go faster

CarolinaCoN 2016, June 1-5
2012 Majesty

CarolinaCoN '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14/'15
WAN's farewell '08
2006 BR 38,500 miles 9/07-11/13 (R.I.P.)

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 am 
I got my days mixed up. I meant to say 'Thursday' for an afternoon ride on the OBX. I would imagine Vince will be ready to lay low after 2+ long days of riding. I am not sure how many folks are planning to get there by noon or so on Thursday to do a ride in the afternoon. I am staying in Plymouth on Thursday night so I will probably leave OBX around dinner time.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 am 
jmzd4 wrote:
pedi-oto wrote:

might be a good ride for her to do with a smaller group if she likes to go slower. Not sure how much experience she has riding with a big group or if you are planning on taking on the big ride down to Okracoke....this this might be a good warm up for that. alot of this ride will involve going through developed areas so there will be plenty of stoplights and traffic to keep the pace on the slow side. I went to the lighthouse up in Currituck sound a long time ago and this is one that has been maintained and you can climb all the way up to the top. This lighthouse has some historical significance to the area so there is even an opportunity to learn a little bit. And...a just a bit north of there, the developed part of the OBX peters out and there are wild horses that run free up in that area.

Just to clarify again---I will be doing this ride on thursday afternoon (not friday).

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am 
Damn Mo Fo I'm getting excited already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banger:

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

CANADIUS MAXIMUS
CANADIUS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:41 am 
jmzd4 wrote:

Josh,....have you done 'anything' to the miss's scoot?....would you like to do a little parkinglot tweaking on it??....say lighter rollers , and a slight re-jetting??..... :canuck:

pedi-oto wrote:
I got my days mixed up. I meant to say 'Thursday' for an afternoon ride on the OBX. I would imagine Vince will be ready to lay low after 2+ long days of riding. I am not sure how many folks are planning to get there by noon or so on Thursday to do a ride in the afternoon. I am staying in Plymouth on Thursday night so I will probably leave OBX around dinner time.

Hell-yeah I'll be riding with you Dan !...."lay low"...fuck-that!...... :wc_flag:

:lol:

2005 BIGUS Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41664

....ya....thats right...."PS-600".....bite me

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 pm 
I shoulda known. I will never underestimate the Sawboy again.

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 pm 
All I'm seeing is Big Ruck postings. I hope I'm not driving 12 hours and spending a ass load of $ to hold you guys up.

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time." - Mario Andretti

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next