Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Helix wheel on an Elite250?
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:42 am 
Just wondering if anyone can confirm this. Are the rear wheels on the helix and elite 250s interchangeable?
The older helix had a hub that unbolted. I'm hoping I can just buy a hub and use it to bolt an aftermarket wheel on to my elite.
I found a list of interchangeable parts between the ch250 and the cn250, but the wheel wasn't on it. It seems to be more of a list of parts that are identical between the two scooters as opposed to parts that are interchangeable.
Through more research it appears that the brake shoes are the same between the two (which also wasn't on the interchange list).
So im wondering if anyone knows for sure? And if so, what are the actual differences? Drum size? Axle diameter or some count?

Thanks guys.

Ruck build/Scooter pic thread
DIY - $48 fatty, stretch, chin bone, exhaust, slammed front forks, lowered seat:
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=45778

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: Helix wheel on an Elite250?
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 pm 
Not much help, but on my 90 Elite that uses a normal wheel, not the hub and rim like your pre 89 elite....
It appears to be the same wheel as the alloy Helix wheel, but not positive.
I'll probably be working on a 95 Helix in a few weeks.
When I get it home I'll pull the wheel and take some pics and measurements.

Morphesty 400cc

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:00 pm 
That would be sweet! Thanks man!

DIY - $48 fatty, stretch, chin bone, exhaust, slammed front forks, lowered seat:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:10 pm 
i'm pretty sure they're interchangeable. they use the same brake pads for both models.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:22 pm 
There's a helix hub on Ebay for $30 ship. I might just grab it and see if it works. It would be cool if it does!
I did something similar with the front wheel on my ruckus. I used an elite 150 drum hub with 4x140 spacing. Then bought a douglas 10x4 wheel that was 4x137mm. I had the hub machined to be hub centric with the wheel and then had the wheel bolt holes machined to fit the 4x140 pattern. It worked great!
I'd love to do something similar on the back of the Elite 250. Then I just need to figure something out for the front. :wasted:

Thanks for the info guys!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:23 pm 
The early ch250 and cn250 helix are directly interchangeable . Eg I ve got a set of 86 wheels on my 98 helix . Why ? because I had them and the rear on my 98 was totaled . Over On advrider.com battle scooter sec I reposted someone saying they had taken the center of ch80 rear and custom mounted so that the helix could run 12 inches tires front and rear. I m not saying it works since the guy refused to post more then one picture and that wasn't when it was mounted on the cn250. Look at the ch250 tech tips online for more info .

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:04 pm 
I can confirm that both the early 2 piece and newer blade rear wheels fit the ch250 perfectly..