Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: All new 2017 rebel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 pm 
lilpinny wrote:
I kinda want to see one in person before I would consider buying it. It'd be nice if there were some after market parts for it at that time too. If the frame around the rear, back of the seat, was like a ruck and the tail wires were the same I could see how to eliminated the rear fender with Ruck parts.

Local bike dealership here in southeast Michigan has info on their site... this is just some of the Rebel info.
Rebel 500 ......... MSRP $5999
Rebel 500ABS ..... MSRP $6299

Rebel 300 ......... MSRP $4399
Rebel 300ABS ..... MSRP $4699

OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES - Want to personalize your new Rebel a bit? No worries—we have you covered. Some of the most popular accessories include a rear carrier, saddlebags, windscreen, a 12-volt electrical accessory socket, and a passenger seat and footpegs.

I think I'd be more interested in the smaller 300ABS version... wish it had a tank bigger than just 2.0 gal. though. And I think I'd be willing to wait a year or so as well. I would like to see some reviews/kudos/complaints/issues reported by actual owners and not the opinions of people that sell them or get paid to promote them.

Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter
Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 am 
I like the sound of the 500ABS. I agree that I'd like to see more owners opinions on them, but somebody has to be first.

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:55 am 
Ruckster Ron wrote:
lilpinny wrote:
I kinda want to see one in person before I would consider buying it. It'd be nice if there were some after market parts for it at that time too. If the frame around the rear, back of the seat, was like a ruck and the tail wires were the same I could see how to eliminated the rear fender with Ruck parts.

I want to see a Rebel 500 in person too. From the info and pics it looks like the Rebel 500 is going to fit me a lot better than the Harley Street 500.

For me, personally, Harley's are awesome machines but have too much baggage associated with them. I don't like the hardcore biker image (because I'm not), and I don't like the other image, that of a rich old white guy that put on the leathers for the weekend (think Malcom Forbes). I'm not either of those... and some Harley riders kinda sniff at anything from the Sportster on down. So I can't get in that club because Harley's are expensive and this is what I could afford. They can keep all that, imho. Not every Harley rider is like that, but I like the guys that don't care what bike you're on, as long as you're on two wheels you're ok. That's my kind of rider.

But, I can totally respect that big twin 1800cc Harley has on their new bikes. That's a pretty awesome machine. Maybe I could sell a kidney to make the down payment... dunno. :D