Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
 Post subject: Switched power shorting out
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:01 am 
So, I am working on a stock Ruck. With the key off I am getting my 12v to the red/blue stripe (as I should) BUT, turn the key, voltage dumps (goes to like.47v) on both red/blue stripe in and the red/green stripe out. NOW, if I have the key off (or out) and put the leads on my multi-meter to the POSITIVE on the battery and to the red/green stripe, I show 12v again indicating a ground short. fuses are good, relays in tact and no visible wire shorts. If I disconnect the brain box I have proper continuity on each wire and the red/green stripe is not sharing a reading with any of the grounds (frame, green wires, battery terminal). My question for you seasoned pros is; does this sound like the CPU is trash or am I overlooking something? I am a shop owner, I do lots of work on these little guys and I have experience with most makes and models of two wheeled machines. I am scratching my head trying to come up with another solution aside from this poor guy needing to replace the computer. If anyone has encountered something like this before, I would love some help and I will return the favor when I can.

Cheers

Last bumped by BPScootin on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:01 am.