Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: 2WD (2 Wheels of Destruction) - Version 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 pm 
Cool man. Yeah the exhaust bolt problem is one of the biggest flaws in the V125 design. Seems like a lot of bikes that have hit the 8-12k and beyond mark start having that problem. Obviously, 2WD qualifies in the 'beyond' category. Keep riding.

- A

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: 2WD (2 Wheels of Destruction) - Version 2.0
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am 
This is a great thread. I've been contemplating buying a 125 for a few years now and have finally convinced the wife "she" needs one. I've tracked down a 2005 model with 2300 miles for $1k. Seems like a good deal from everything I've been looking at. I'm not sold on the red but I figure I can have it repainted down the road. Gloss black or maybe a hunter green/tan combo.

This thread has been an inspiration as I've been looking at most of the pieces you've installed and you've turned me on to a few new ones.

I have a question for you. Why did you not change to 12g rollers or sliders? Most mod threads I've read this is where people start. Is there a downside to it that I'm unaware of?

I'm going to leave the engine mostly stock to start with. I haven't ridden a bike/scooter in a dozen years and my wife's never ridden one. I'm thinking about starting with some things that will pay off later like the air filter, exhaust, new turn signals front/rear and that taillight you used. Your scoots rear end looks amazing.