Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: 2WD (2 Wheels of Destruction) - Version 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 am 
How is the yss treating you?

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 pm 
ajohyah wrote:
How is the yss treating you?

the yss shock is not bad. i haven't bottomed out on it like the old, stock shock. they are set on a setting where i don't feel as much bumps on the road. the current setting is good for traveling over 55mph.

when i have the time i'll try a different setting and see how's that like.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 pm 
Where's the updates? Yo!

O7' Vino 125-Project #1
viewtopic.php?f=166&t=60760
87' Elite 250-Project #2

62' Vespa w/200-Project#3
04' Scootcar-just taking up space

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 am 
The 2WD has been down since late Oct. and was hibernating in the garage ever since. :x

The more critical parts, the big bore and camshaft, are finally being installed at the shop. The rest of the parts I ordered will follow by mid March, I hope.

It's about time I get this thing out the door. Stay tuned yo... :banger:

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:58 pm 
3/17/12 - Almost there...

It's already mid March and the 2WD is still in the shop to get the big bore and camshaft installed. I don't mind it being in the shop for awhile longer. The weather here in Sun Daygo sucks right now. I'm now shooting for the end of March for the items to be installed and running.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:50 pm 
Thanks for the updates. Everyone likes progress pics. Can't wait til you're back on the road again dude.

- Adam

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 pm 
5/15/12 - UPDATE

After sitting in a garage for nearly 4 months it breaks out! The CDI is replaced, the satin black front cover is on, NCY high flow radiator is installed and a new rear tire is slapped on.

However, the 150cc big bore kit and NYC camshaft were not installed. The piston that came with the big bore has a crack that will eventually fail. The direct cause of the fracture is unknown. Faulty manufacturing, someone dropped it, whatever. The big bore itself is good. I just need a replacement piston which I tried to get from the store I bought it from. No luck there either because they no longer sell that type big bore for the Vino. Despite the setback, I'm just glad to be on the road again. The big bore and camshaft will have to be done another time.

I still have a few more changes to make on my hit list. I will change out the tail and rear signal lights, install the satin black side panels, throw in the NCY racing clutch, compression spring and oil cooler.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:10 pm 
5/17/12 - Even more updates...
I replaced out the factory tail and signal lights with these gems along with the satin black side panels. I got a bunch of Obey stickers I ordered. But, I think I will just ride around without them for now.

C-DAWG :banger:

Incase you are wondering here is the NCY high flow radiator.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm 
5/30/12 - She's coming along...

Yesterday while doing an errand going towards National City from Paradise Hills I got a flat front tire. Prior to that I was bombing down the Hills at over 60 mph according to the tachometer but I'm sure it was somewhere in the 55 mph range if I had a GPS. Towards the end I notice the front wasn't steering well as it should. So I pulled over into some neighborhood in National City and "BAAAM"! Flat tire fail. Good thing is that I have the 4 Wheels of Fury and a ramp to haul it out for the front tire to be repaired at the local shop.

Since it will be in the shop to change out the tire I might as well throw in a few items remaining like the 1000 RPM NYC Compression Spring, NYC Adjustable Racing Clutch, NYC Oil Cooler Set, NYC Camshaft, and the 150cc big bore kit with the busted piston. Of course the 150cc big bore kit and camshaft are out... for now. The Oil Cooler is a little more complicated because I have to decide where to place it. So the Compression Spring and Racing Clutch will be installed. And as of today at 5:35pm those parts are now installed! I just turned in the 2WD to the shop around noon. So I can't wait to pick her up!

In the meantime... here are some recent touch ups I added to the 2WD as well as an update on the installed parts.

Obey stickers are a requirement for this ride.

I'm not the most technical person compared to the other technical wizards on TR but I'm learning as I go and trying to understand the function and job of some of the parts I had installed. So correct me if I'm wrong on these items. Again, I'm learning.

Breather Filter Unit & Unifilter - Since installing these items I noticed that I'm getting a lot more torque even with just the 125cc engine. The Breather Filter Unit is a replacement for the crank case breather box. The Unifilter replaces the stock air filter and eliminates most of the hardware that comes with it. The Unifilter just attaches where the stock air used to be. It allows for more air to pass through the engine for more added power output and a deeper exhaust sound.
"Look maaa... More room!"

YSS Adjustable Shock - I just started tinkering with the shock adjustment yesterday and it is easy to click from one setting to another provided that you have the wrench that comes with it. Before, I was riding on a medium setup. Not too bouncy, not too hard in the riding. It is currently set on the lowest setting which is close to bottoming out. I'm trying to get it as low as possible but the ride is rough. I could feel every bump on the road. I will play around with other settings as time goes by.

Tail & Signal Lights - Once the side panels were finished it was time to slap on the rear signal lights and install the tail light. It was an easy install. Probably took me about 30 mins and it looks sweeeet!!!

NCY Exhaust - The exhaust was installed awhile ago and I can't complain too much about it. The stock exhaust was in a really, shitty shape that it just deteriorated. I had it welded twice, the head shield fell off, and the main bolt to hold it in fell out twice from the excessive vibrations! I like the NCY exhaust because it is a low-profile exhaust but has a lot of potential to handle big upgrades and the price was right at less than $200. So far, so good.

NCY High Flow Radiator - I know this is a repeat but I didn't mention what it does. Below I'm quoting from Scooterworks' description about the part:

"This is a must-have for big bore cylinder kits, or for extended high-rpm running! Even with regular riding around town, some of the compression in your cylinder slips past the piston rings and builds up in your crank case. When you ride at high RPM, or when you add a big-bore cylinder kit, all that pressure builds up much faster and can easily blow out the seals on your crank case. Save the seals! "

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:39 am 
Lookin' good man! Keep it up.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:54 pm 
6/6/12 - Clutch and Spring

It has now been a few days of driving the 2WD to and from work along the pot-hole ridden streets and straight aways of South Side and all the while driving the hell out of the recently installed NCY Racing Clutch and 1000 RPM Compression Spring.

The verdict... "Daaaaaamn!" The acceleration from the line is much smoother and quicker as if I'm running 12 gram roller weights. But I'm not. I still have the 13 gram stock roller weights. The Compression Spring engages the higher gear faster than the stock spring. And the Racing Clutch revs much higher at top speed. I took the 5 South freeway towards Imperial Beach and got up to 65mph+! It's crazy!!! :bugeye:

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: adverse driving characteristics?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 pm 
Did you notice any difference in driving characteristics with the front wheel covering removed? I kinda like the way it looks in your photos

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

Post subject: Re: adverse driving characteristics?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:49 pm 
Terranitup wrote:
Did you notice any difference in driving characteristics with the front wheel covering removed? I kinda like the way it looks in your photos

no difference in riding without the front fender. only when i ride over puddles or a sandy road is when i wish i had a the front fender on because the debris flies up and hits me in the face.

plus i don't have to worry about loading it onto my truck. usually the front fender gets pushed into the bed of the truck while i secure the scoot with cargo straps. i don't have that problem anymore.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject: Re: adverse driving characteristics?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm 
Terranitup wrote:

Dude, fender free is the way to be.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:18 pm 
6/29/13 - Updates

I'm still riding the 2WD but not without its issues. While riding it for this long I do the usual routine of checking the oil, changing out the wore out tires, etc... But the number one issue I keep running into are busted bolts that connect the exhaust to the engine. The cause of the bolts breaking off is from riding hard and fast making the bolts vibrate really hard that they will break off. Hitting pot holes, speed bumps, jumping off curves doesn't help either.

I dealt with this problem four times already. Right now I'm riding on one bolt broken and the other still intact. So now the Vino sounds like a GY6. It's sounds cool but I know if the one bolt break off the header it will just be annoyingly loud. One fix, which isn't easy, is to cut out the part of the exhaust that connects to the header and place it in such away that it will not add pressure to the exhausted pipe while riding. And then reconnect the part back to the exhaust. (If that makes any sense.)

Today I got a used 125cc Vino engine for a killer deal. $25 bucks!!! As is of course. The bolts on the header are intact along with the screws that hold them in place. I will tinker with the engine and I maybe throw in the 150cc kit I bought awhile back. I still have to shop around for the correct size piston to replace the cracked piston that came with the kit. So we'll what happens. For now it's a backup motor.

I still haven't installed the cooler system. I will deal with it another day.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next