Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: 04 Yamaha Vino 50cc
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:52 am 
So frind of mine just picked it up. Has 12K miles on it. Runs good. just very slow. tops out what she claims as 35 with her(120-135lbs) on it. She wants to be able to keep up with the ruck while keeping as much of her gas mileage as possible! I do 45-47. I also out accelerate her pretty badly. any ideas?

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject: Re: 04 Yamaha Vino 50cc
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:14 am 
Same engine and CVT as the Zuma 50. Depending on the year the throttle cable cam has a limiter built into it that restricts the throttle from opening fully (you'll need to search to find out the years and how to mod, cuz I don't remember). If a mod or part makes a Zuma 50 go faster it will do the same for your friend's Vino.

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:28 pm 
might wanna try the usual stuff new belt .. new variator.. new rollers will prob help .. maybe a new air filter..

Dont really know anything about 2T .. but ive read after 10k miles the zuma50's need a rebuild ... if so .. go to 70cc

North America's HOTLAP Distributor

Northern Touch

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm 
2t vinos have 2 restrictions. one the variator and one on the exhaust, both easy to remove. on the exhaust it has a cone restrictor were the exhaust meets the cylinder. pull the exhaust off and grind off the three tack welds or shove a screwdriver in there and break those welds. in the transmission case there is a thick ring in between the variator and drive face pulley havles. remove the driveface and pull that sucker out. while your at it check the roller weights for flat spots. replace if any. check the belt for thicknes across the top, 14mm is the minimum replace if passed. those 2 free mods should bring her up to 40mph.
provoscooter.com has a very good write
up on how to remove these restrictions.
vino and zuma motors are both minarelli horizontal but very different...

cheers!

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 am 
Yeah shes not gunna go 45 or 47. With both mods done to ours I spent days tuning on it to get it just right and the best we could muster was 42-43 mph GPS. But it gets up and goes to it pretty quick. She will leave your Ruck in the dust on take off. I also removed the snorkle and I believe Im up to a 74 main with the de-restricted exhaust and snorkle out of the airbox (and im at sea level). You will shit when you see how much faster it is after you pull the restricter out of the pipe. There looks to be a restrictor A metal ring) in the intake as well, but I havent pulled it out yet. It doesnt appear to restrict it much though.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:43 pm 
For less than $100 you can get a 70cc kit from Stage6 or Athena (I would recommend a dual ring piston and iron cylinder from experience go stage6 but Athena is alright for a budget) you can go 45-47 easily with some jetting in the carb. Variator and exhaust will take you higher. I found the best air filter for my 02 vino was the stock airbox without the snorkel. 49ccscoot.com has a lot of great info for 2 strokes.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:45 pm 
My vino feels like a sport bike after riding the ruckus. its so light and accelerates really quickly.