Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: 09 yamaha vino 49cc why I didn't buy one.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:27 pm 
Hi I this whated to ask I was goin to get a scooter but the dealer whated $2700.00 for it without taxes???? So what I whated to ask is that can dealers REALLY jack up the price on something by that much when the MSRP say $2190.00??? I this whated to ask can see what other people think about this.

This so everyone knows it's the yamaha dealer in Toms River NJ. :ucrazy:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject: Re: 09 yamaha vino 49cc why I didn't buy one.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:08 am 
?

KING Gift Shipper

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:38 am 
Thats crazy ass expensive, you should be able to buy that scooter band f-cking new for 2k. Look around, check the web for Yamaha Dealers that will freight it to you and save yourself 700 dollars

48hrs of Ruckus Official Judge
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:10 am 
You're in NJ? There's tons of scooter dealers nearby. Go somewhere else that isn't ripping people off.

Find the cheapest place you can online. It doesn't really matter what state its in. Then call the dealers near you and ask their price. Start negotiating by telling them that you want to buy local, but are more than willing to travel for the low price another dealer is offering. Ask them to match that dealer. Negotiate hard, make them realize you're a buyer and not a looker, and show up with real numbers in hand.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:28 am 
Only suckers and fat people pay sticker price.

If they want your business, they'll make a deal.

'99 Derbi Manhattan
'01 Suzuki SV650 ---Almost ready to ride
'80 Yamaha Champ LC50
'05 Honda Metropolitan ---The reliable commuter

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am 
I don't really what a vino 50, but you can what them on craigslist for much cheaper. :lol:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=vino

Check out some of those.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:46 pm 
nuevomexicano wrote:
You're in NJ? There's tons of scooter dealers nearby. Go somewhere else that isn't ripping people off.

Find the cheapest place you can online. It doesn't really matter what state its in. Then call the dealers near you and ask their price. Start negotiating by telling them that you want to buy local, but are more than willing to travel for the low price another dealer is offering. Ask them to match that dealer. Negotiate hard, make them realize you're a buyer and not a looker, and show up with real numbers in hand.

My problem was that I had to get a truck form Lowes and I really don't like to drive far in something that's not mine, and the othere thing is that the next dealer was 20 miles farther away and they whated me to wait a mouth and a half intell that scooter came back instock. Bean 2 mouths now and they haven't got back to me? I'm stilling whating to get one but because of this IDK when.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:47 pm 
Call around first bud!

And could everybody use spell check or something. I'm a little buzzed and this thread is incredibly hard to read!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am 
Number25 wrote:
nuevomexicano wrote:

My problem was that I had to get a truck form Lowes and I really don't like to drive far in something that's not mine, and the othere thing is that the next dealer was 20 miles farther away and they whated me to wait a mouth and a half intell that scooter came back instock. Bean 2 mouths now and they haven't got back to me? I'm stilling whating to get one but because of this IDK when.

Why not just ride the scooter home from the dealer?
But even the truck rental is not much compared to the fact that you might save $500 by shopping around. Plus, the Lowe's rental truck is insured, so just drive slow and you'll be fine.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm 
nuevomexicano wrote:
Number25 wrote:
nuevomexicano wrote:

Why not just ride the scooter home from the dealer?
But even the truck rental is not much compared to the fact that you might save $500 by shopping around. Plus, the Lowe's rental truck is insured, so just drive slow and you'll be fine.

The place whated me to spend $2700 + taxxes and + them sending it to me house. So all together it would of bean ALMOST $3000.00 for a 50cc?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 pm 
Number25 wrote:
The place whated me to spend $2700 + taxxes and + them sending it to me house. So all together it would of bean ALMOST $3000.00 for a 50cc?

Yeah, that's a plain rip off. Shop around.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm 
Quote:

Your English teacher must be proud.

-1 for not shopping around.

Several have told you that this is too much and yet beating your head against the same wall seems like a good idea. :loopie
Its your $$$, do what you want.

'99 Derbi Manhattan
'01 Suzuki SV650 ---Almost ready to ride
'80 Yamaha Champ LC50
'05 Honda Metropolitan ---The reliable commuter

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:00 am 
My God, quit being obsessed with dealers and go look on craigslist. I have seen vino 50's go for as low as 600 bucks. Just wait for a deal and go rent a truck or drive it back depending on how far it is.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 pm 
slanuk wrote:
My God, quit being obsessed with dealers and go look on craigslist. I have seen vino 50's go for as low as 600 bucks. Just wait for a deal and go rent a truck or drive it back depending on how far it is.

I have bean looking on there and I did see a silver vino for about $1600.00 with good miles on it.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 pm 
Buying used is the option I went with. Though not a 50 (Vino 125), I managed to pick one up for $1,500 with 2,300 miles on it. I'm sure you can get some good deals out there on preowned ones.

Pics, videos, mod installations, experiences, product reviews @ http://96mpg.blogspot.com/