Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: 2006 Yamaha Vino 50 Classic 4 stroke
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 pm 
I have an 06 Yamaha Vino Classic 50 4stroke, This bike will only go about 33mph (53kph) down a steep hill and I know it should at least be going at least 40mph (60kph) if not more, I was told it has a restrictor in the CDI unit. Does anyone know how to disable the CDI restriction I was told I could cut a wire but I dont know how true that is?
My unit doesnt have restrictors in the drive pulley or muffler, I have already checked there.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: 2006 Yamaha Vino 50 Classic 4 stroke
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:12 am 
check out this thread
http://www.zumaforums.net/index.php/vie ... =20&t=4404
in short the CDI did not increase top speed alone. Maybe after some new weights and an exhaust.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: 2006 Yamaha Vino 50 Classic 4 stroke
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:39 am 
I tried that thread and I tried to register to add a reply and they have one of those dumb captcha things were you have to enter letters when you register, and for some reason no matter if I had the letters right or wrong it wouldnt let me in.

Anyways my main question was, besides the CDI restriction. What size are the roller weights? I know they came stock with 6.5 or 7.5 but I dont know the size of them (example 13x16).