Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Anyone regret trading their Ruckus for a Zuma 125?
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 am 
Mikerucks wrote:
beerme wrote:
want you want the scoot to do and your build says leave it alone for now. eventually change things up, damn dude ya just got a golden goose egg. enjoy what ya have, get your monies worth. i have a black one if ya wannna trade panels. welcome to the mess. still like the tw200

I have to admit buddy I can't quite follow everything you're saying but I think basically "be happy with what I got"? I am! New scoot is great, trying to break it in properly but I can tell it's a new ball game. 20 miles only so far today. The color is cool, I'm definitely happy. Suspension seems much better too, which is a nice unexpected bonus.

Once I get it broke in do CVT tuning basics on Ruckus apply to the Zuma, as far as weights and revs? Sliders for Zuma and or lighter weights?

Forget all that stuff. After Variator, and two sets of sliders you are at $150, for a little more than an additional $50 you can get 50% more horse. On this bike it's not about scratching and clawing for every available piece of performance like the Ruckus. I just did RRGS Low Downs. I will make a build thread this week perhaps and you can check mine out.

On this bike you really just want to save up the $200 and go big bore. So worth it.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 am 
Sounds like the better way to go. It's pretty nice to have something stock that I can already ride everywhere except the HWY and not have to worry at all about keeping up with traffic. It's a lot of fun. I still love that Ruckus, but every time walk by it to get on the Zuma I feel like it's an ex girlfriend and I'm just rubbing the new one in her face!

5 g sliders 0-40 fast, cruise 43-45
JC Flywheel

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=90438

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:14 am 
I miss my Ruckus a lot, I miss the look of it and the fact it was basically on the ground. It has a style all of its own. But then I pull the throttle on my Z155 and pretty much forget all about that shit. My Zuma is looking pretty legit now though. The BWS conversion (which is basically free if you're smart), and the lowered suspension really help the look, along with some LED tails.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:22 am 
enjoyincubus365 wrote:
I miss my Ruckus a lot, I miss the look of it and the fact it was basically on the ground. It has a style all of its own. But then I pull the throttle on my Z155 and pretty much forget all about that shit. My Zuma is looking pretty legit now though. The BWS conversion (which is basically free if you're smart), and the lowered suspension really help the look, along with some LED tails.

Yeah I feel you on the memories of the Ruck fading when you pull the throttle. Even with the 125 it's a world of difference, and I'm quickly getting over the breakup. Haven't sold the Ruck yet, but don't have a urge to ride it. Is the BWS conversion you're speaking of the dual headlight mod? The one eyed look is kind of dumb. I really like the Japanese / Vertical light look.

Have you had any battery drain problems from the dual light conversion, if that is what you are in fact referring to?

JC Flywheel

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:10 am 
Mikerucks wrote:
enjoyincubus365 wrote:

Yeah I feel you on the memories of the Ruck fading when you pull the throttle. Even with the 125 it's a world of difference, and I'm quickly getting over the breakup. Haven't sold the Ruck yet, but don't have a urge to ride it. Is the BWS conversion you're speaking of the dual headlight mod? The one eyed look is kind of dumb. I really like the Japanese / Vertical light look.

Have you had any battery drain problems from the dual light conversion, if that is what you are in fact referring to?

I am talking about the BWS conversion. In the non US markets like APJ and Canada, the Zuma 125 is sold as the BWS 125. You have one small light up top, or an aux light, and then you have one large headlight below. There is a guy that does a trade in program, RC Scooters. You pay $150, and then when you send him back your US stuff he pays up to $200 for that. So you can pay $150, and make up your shipping costs to him if your bike is new.

I hated the twin headlights on the Zuma 125. Doing the dual mod means your draining your power supply, and running one light means every dick with $0.02 wants to tell you that you have a headlight out.

I just sat down at the office, but let me go out and take some photos here in a bit and I will show you what I am talking about.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:15 pm 
Bottom photo is with engine on of course. Let me know if you want to see anything else.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:14 pm 
Yeah that looks so much better. Had somebody tell me my headlight was out today! I'm sure the first of many. I'm thinking that and the big bore Yeah that looks so much better. Had somebody tell me my headlight was out today! I'm sure the first of many. I'm thinking that and the big bore are in my future.

JC Flywheel

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:02 am 
Mikerucks wrote:
Yeah that looks so much better. Had somebody tell me my headlight was out today! I'm sure the first of many. I'm thinking that and the big bore Yeah that looks so much better. Had somebody tell me my headlight was out today! I'm sure the first of many. I'm thinking that and the big bore are in my future.

You can hit up Chris @ Taiwan... he's got ALL the goodies for the Z125!!!

as for the BBK.. if you plan on doing the 155cc... you have a choice of re-using the stock head.. although I recommend changing the whole sha-bang!.. but then again... depends on the amount of $$$ your willing to spend! :headbashing:

Team RUCKSTERS SAKA!!!!

"Angel Bleu"

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:26 am 
This is Chris's site correct? http://www.rcscooters.com/#!product/prd ... -155cc-bbk

Will this have everything I need, if I want to do the minimum needed to get to 155? Price seems great.

JC Flywheel

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 am 
Don't bother going on his site. He is best via Facebook. Also, for the BBK, do not buy direct from Chris. Buy from Enviromoto, it's cheaper and it is drop shipped BY CHRIS HIMSELF. So yeah, save the money. The BWS conversion is cheap, free if you're smart ;-)

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 am 
or if you have a heatgun/oven you can put halo rings inside the stock lights
mine has blue and white inside

I use the white as my day time driving lights

:chow: :LR:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:33 pm 
enjoyincubus365 wrote:
Don't bother going on his site. He is best via Facebook. Also, for the BBK, do not buy direct from Chris. Buy from Enviromoto, it's cheaper and it is drop shipped BY CHRIS HIMSELF. So yeah, save the money. The BWS conversion is cheap, free if you're smart ;-)

So same kit from enviromoto? Did you change your exhaust? I asked Chris what problems I could run into if I didn't change mine and he responded with the following:

"Stock exhaust runs fine up to 50-55mph then it starts to restrict. Once it hits 60 it's like hitting a wall. Wants to keep going but can't. Header is too small and catalytic converter also chokes it. Worse case scenario is if someone keeps riding it 55-60mph consistently. The exhaust gases will back up and heat up the head. Burnt valves, excessive cam & valvetrain wear. Engine oil failure due to high heat and damage the piston.

Really depends how you ride. I do have customers that don't ride that fast so works out for them. Then there are others that do take it on the expressway and need to ride consistent 60+mph, doesn't work for them"

JC Flywheel

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:34 pm 
Mike155cc wrote:
or if you have a heatgun/oven you can put halo rings inside the stock lights
mine has blue and white inside

I use the white as my day time driving lights

Those lights look badass!

JC Flywheel

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:30 pm 
Mikerucks wrote:
enjoyincubus365 wrote:

So same kit from enviromoto? Did you change your exhaust? I asked Chris what problems I could run into if I didn't change mine and he responded with the following:

"Stock exhaust runs fine up to 50-55mph then it starts to restrict. Once it hits 60 it's like hitting a wall. Wants to keep going but can't. Header is too small and catalytic converter also chokes it. Worse case scenario is if someone keeps riding it 55-60mph consistently. The exhaust gases will back up and heat up the head. Burnt valves, excessive cam & valvetrain wear. Engine oil failure due to high heat and damage the piston.

Really depends how you ride. I do have customers that don't ride that fast so works out for them. Then there are others that do take it on the expressway and need to ride consistent 60+mph, doesn't work for them"

not true check my youtube zuma speed video my ncy exhaust which is aftermarket also hit the wall at 60mph but kept climbing past 70 slowly
I have not tested any other exhausts on video

I got couple thousand miles on stock exhaust, but when I first big bored I had used ncy and yoshimura on the big bore
and 0-60 times is the same exact time as the yoshimura exhaust I tested compared to stock
I have a thread on zuma forums with proof of all this
my speedo has built in timers for whatever amount I want to program it too, starts reading the instant my wheel spins
so its pretty accurate and repeatable results

0-30 also same exact times, actually stock exhaust could of been a 10th faster but to me thats the same

granted I never went past 60 on my tests because of the short road I was on, but I also had used the stock exhaust for thousands of miles and could achieve the same exact top speed as the yoshi

Ive went on the freeway many times, and could hold 65 mph easily
and have a little in reserve if I need to pass, with stock exhaust and big bore
and my bike tuning is made for hills, not top speed

now could aftermarket exhaust enhance performance past 65 mph, maybe
I will say using the yoshi the bike accelerates smoother going very slow which is one plus that I like

will aftermarket give any more top speed at least with the 155, maybe I would guess 1-3 mph more but this is guessing
I rarely go top speed so its not anything I obsess over
You could take that $300-500 and use stock exhaust for a while and then later get aftermarket if you choose to do so
but its not necessary for the big bore

I had a 300cc bike with smaller exhaust outlet then my zuma has

but all the miles I got on my big bore which is over 7000+ ive never had any issues yet
got over 10,000+ on the bike too probably around 12 but since my speedo is now in km's I havent done the conversion yet to see how many miles I have on it

the enviromoto kit is from chris
be warned, in the past and recently chris's injectors came clogged
and I dont think enviromoto wanted anything to do with that, the guy had to deal with chris

Now it is possible to clean them if you run into that, but for me I would expect these parts to come ready to work
and its easy enough to pop out the injector, but would really suck when you get ready to start it up and ride its all clogged up

:chow: :LR:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 pm 
Great information man. I want to use the stock exhaust because of the quiet and of course saving at least $300!

I just want more power all around and especially in the 50 to 55 range instead of struggling to hit 55 top. i'm not interested in Going as fast as possible either, just want to be able to maintain a solid 55-60 on the rare occasions I need it, and like I said more all around power. Pretty hilly where I ride as well. I could use those 30 cc's.

Are you saying if the kit comes from enviro then the injectors should be good? Or they still might be clogged? I assume it's probably smart to wait until 1000 miles to do something like a big bore?

JC Flywheel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next