Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TR

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: 1982 Honda C70 Passport
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 pm 
Okay gang. I've tried. I've tried to resurrect the 6v engine and charging system. I was able to get spark, but nothing more after that. And the starter motor won't turn over, the condenser is back, etc. After calculating cost of replacement parts, I've found that it's going to be easier, and cheaper in the long run to go the 12v lifan swap route.

Here's where I need some info now.
For the '82 frame, which Lifan engines bolt directly on?

Here's what I'm looking for:
1. 12volts
2. Complete kit that comes with the carburetor, and all other parts and wiring harness, etc.
3. Needs to be an automatic (not sure what the semi-automatic even means), but it cannot be a manual. I'm not interested in that. I realize that'll minimize the engine size options - but I'm okay with that since going too much bigger will make the brakes unable to stop at the speeds the engine is able to go. And I'm wanting to run stock wheels, rims and brakes.
4. Needs to have an electric start. I know there are kick start options, and while I'm willing to consider it, I already have a battery-less kick-start only bobber and I'm looking to have something that is user-friendly for friends and family to learn on. So an electric start is necessary.

I've found these two engines, but I'm looking to get the best deal so I'd like links to where others have sourced their motors from. And review on how things have gone with them.

http://www.pccmotor.com/11enmoauelst1.html
http://www.pccmotor.com/12fuauelenat.html

Any help would be appreciated. I'm brand new to 6volt engines, and new to scooters (this is my first C70) - although I've rebuilt several motorcycles before.

Thanks!
Quinn

1964 Suzuki T10
1965 Suzuki T250
1972 Honda CL450
1978 Yamaha XS650
1982 Honda Passport C70

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: 1982 Honda C70 Passport
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:52 pm 
You could do a 212cc predator swap like i'm doing right now :wasted:
I just welded up a 1" steel square frame and bolted to the engine mounts and diagonal cross bar. I'll be posting up about it soon with pictures. The predator stock is only like 6.5hp but there is ton of potential in it and people get up to 14 pretty cheaply.... Its also only about $110.
... I'm just throwing ideas out there..... Good luck
-"Also with a centrifugal engaging clutch; its completely automatic and you dont even have to shift out of neutral."