Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: 1981 Honda C70 parts bike - 82 titled frame
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 am 
Hello,

I'm new to the TotalRuckus forum and I'm new to Honda Passports and Cubs. But I've always liked them. And Pinterest has quite a few cool looking modded ones. I'm familiar with the Lifan clones and I get the gist of the years/makes/models. Anyways, I finally picked one up.
It was a parts bike and titled frame deal.
Yellow 1981 C70 6volt.
Blue 1982 C70 (voltage)? with a title.

I bought the whole deal for $200. Got the blue frame titled and in my name with ease and am now in the process of swapping the engine from the 81 to the 82 frame. However, I think I might need some help. Is 82 a 12 volt system? The battery box space in the frame is the same size, and the two frames I've got look to be the same in every way.

As of right now, I'm not interested in the Lifan clones because I have a complete motor here that I'd like to try and get running. Bike came with 3998 miles and while it's rusty - it appears to be mostly surface rust and the wheels and brakes all rotated and worked appropriately for how long it had been sitting. Gas in the tank was a little orange, but not terrible. All in all, I think I got a good deal. Now to make it ridable.

Also looking for any information on the street cubs that seem to be prevalent on FB and Pinterest with disc brakes and wider front rims front and rear.

Thanks for welcoming me to your community. Any help would be appreciated.

Quinn

1964 Suzuki T10
1965 Suzuki T250
1972 Honda CL450
1978 Yamaha XS650
1982 Honda Passport C70