Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
 Post subject: '78 Z50 with a 72cc motor and a few other mods...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 pm 
Looking to post some photos of my bike, but I don't see the attachments button... let me try posting this first, then maybe I can go back and add the photos.

Edit: Any mods online? I registered with an iPad, but I'm now on the dreaded Jurassic Desktop Computer where my photos happen to be stored, and I'm looking to attach those photos and then insert them into this post. The "Img" button doesn't work with this computer... I need to drag the photos out of a file folder as attachments and then add 'em, yeah? Do I need some special authorization for that?

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Living room mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: '78 Z50 with a 72cc motor and a few other mods...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm 
Imgur app on your pad

fuck.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:29 pm 
I wish it were that easy... this Jurassic Desktop Computer is all f___d up, it has the XP platform, if that tells ya anything. Still living in the Stone Age here, my friends and I normally communicate with smoke signals, 10-4? The good news is that the smoke is heller chronic, LOL. I appreciate the tip, I read somewhere at this site that a mod has to give a newbie permission to add attachments? I found the "Manage attachments" button in my control panel, but there's no way to post files in prehistoric fashion. I guess I have to wait for some sort of authorization. That's a drag, I know some riders here would like these photos of my monster dirt bike... LOL.

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 pm 
Maybe sign up for a photobucket account if you're able to

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm 
Meh, guess it ain't happening... just wanted to share a few shots of my bike, here at the ol' hacienda and out on the trail, but there's no way to do it with this obsolete computer. F__ it, I'll toss these links out there so the thread isn't a total disappointment... this is how I rolled before my rig got downsized to a modified Z50 in this Obamanomic Economy:

http://forums.oausa.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3072

There are cool wilderness shots on both pages of that thread. Here's another link to a cool video, maybe some of you heroic monkeybikers can glean some tips for catching air from this video, LOL.

https://vimeo.com/109662377

Not big on war profiteering, I'm just posting that clip for the flight aspects, particularly in the latter half of the video (with the "Bullet Train" soundtrack). Here's a cool website for mechanics here at TotalRuckus, the photos of vintage aircraft restoration are primo. Check the Boeing 40C reconstruction shots to see what I mean.

http://home.comcast.net/~biplane0/

Well, guess that's enough for now, maybe I'll have some sort of authorization tomorrow, and I can post those monkeybike pics as I originally planned. Time for another cold beer now, I reckon, lemme just check to see if those links made it through alright. ADIOS!!!

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:53 pm 
Pm me your email address. Ill email you and upload them on my photobucket account and put them up
here if you wish...

Morphesty 400cc

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:51 pm 
Hey, just saw your reply, I've been enjoying a tall cold one... or two. The problem with that old Jurassic Desktop Computer is that the e-mail is all f___d up, otherwise I'd simply send the pics to the iPad and upload them that way. The photos come from CDs derived from cheesy disposable cameras, you see... did I mention that we're living in the Stone Age here at the ol' hacienda? LOL. Truth be told, I would've tossed the p.o.s. Jurassic Desktop Computer off a tall cliff long ago, but I have a complete book already written on the hard drive, complete with photos incorporated directly into the text... the obsolete computer is unable to send the entire manuscript without losing photos, so I have to carve each chapter back out and send it individually. Long story, the good news is that my bro (one of seven, and pretty handy with computers) is visiting at the end of the month, and we're going to handle that task so I can ultimately ditch the p.o.s. computer for good. That'll be a happy day for me, I assure you... I'm going to take great pleasure in destroying that evil piece o' junk which has caused so much grief, LOL.

What I can probably do is go ahead and create an account at a site like PhotoBucket (using the iPad for registration purposes), then upload the photos from the Jurassic Desktop Computer once I have an account and password. It sucks, I know, but that's just the way it is until this whole computer snag is remedied. We're talking prehistoric equipment here, dude, I actually call the computer Tex, which is short for T. Rex, 10??? "RAWWWWWRRR!!!" Thing's a friggin' beast, Spielberg had NOTHING on this old computer of mine. Most of the problems stem from the fact that the book I've written takes up so much space on the hard drive... due to obsolescence of the XP platform and other factors, I've had a difficult time transferring that book fully intact to another more modern computer. If my brother can't solve the problem, I'll hire an expert to yank the hard drive and f____g carve my literary masterpiece outta that p.o.s. like a master chef carves a roasted turkey on Thanksgiving, or a mugger carves a hapless victim in Compton, North Philly, or the Lower Bronx on a Friday or Saturday night, LOL. Don't ask me how I know this... the transportation industry can be unforgiving at times.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, if it were any earlier in the evening I'd fire up Ol' Tex once more and see about going the PhotoBucket route, but dealing with that ornery p.o.s. twice in one day is just asking for trouble. I'd be too tempted to blast the p.o.s. with double-ought buck, or beat the thing like a redheaded stepchild with my authentic Louisville Slugger, LOL. If I did THAT, I'd lose the finished book on the hard drive, aye??? And I don't wanna do that, the book took long enough to write... approximately 50 years. It's a classic book too, with 35 tales of adventure and 10 poems in five parts, the narratives all backed up with photodocumentation. My photos are unique as well, not Ansel Adams quality, but taken at opportune moments, especially the shots from the road. I don't drive OTR (Over-The-Road) anymore, that whole industry has been ruined, but I'm sure glad I went when I did, seeing the country like few others will ever see it, and having so many primo adventures during those 34-hour restarts. If you look at that first link I posted, you'll see what I mean... just a few photos taken during my travels, you understand. I have many more posted at other sites, including shots of my little offroad rocket, but I don't wanna spoil the surprise, I'll try to post the shots again mañana.

ADIOS, AND THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!!! I'LL ACT ON IT TOMORROW, 10-4???

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:59 pm 
Okay, maybe this will work... I put the pics up at this photo hosting site, we'll try one link at a time just to see if the shots come through without any problems. These are a few shots of my monkeybike shortly after I bought it, since then several improvements have been made, aye? No particular order here, the site mixed the shots and I couldn't be bothered to sort 'em all out.

http://postimg.org/gallery/irpq06tq/

Now to see if this will work...

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:10 pm 
Alright, I guess that worked, you can click on each photo in the gallery to see an enlarged version. Now for some shots of my first trip, riding at Lark Canyon in McCain Valley, and also along McCain Valley Road, not really legal for green-stickered OHVs, but meh, nobody was around. Again, the shots are mixed, but I reckon you'll figure it out. That one shot shows a recurring problem I had with some bolts loosening up over time, turned out I needed split washers for those bolts... that problem has been solved. The classic doctored flag hangs on the wall of a garage in Pine Valley... says it all, no doubt. Okay, here we go...

http://postimg.org/gallery/3dahe68we/

Oh, yeah, that one shot shows my taped-up levers after I broke 'em, LOL. I'm a pretty good rider on 125s, 250s, etc., but riding this monkeybike in the dirt at speed has been like Rodney Dangerfield going "BACK TO SCHOOL"---gotta watch the deep sand and angled ruts on this bike, which will go just about freeway speed out there on the straight stretches. Heaps o' fun, but dangerous for the uninitiated... the minibikes I rode decades ago did NOT have the power or quickness of this little offroad rocket. Next upgrade: new rear shocks, LOL.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:19 pm 
Okey-dokey, now for my last trip to Bear Valley Road, a designated "green sticker route" between Corral Canyon and Pine Valley. I think these pics wound up in reverse order when I posted them at that site, the ride begins with the shot of my bike at the trailhead, and the next shot in the actual sequence would be the pic of the signboard at the trailhead. Let's see how the photo sequence turned out...

http://postimg.org/gallery/3aorlu9hq/

Any Dago locals or new residents unfamiliar with this area, you can access the northern end of Bear Valley Road by jumping off I-8 at the Pine Valley exit. The trailhead lies just south of the exit, and you can buy a $5 day parking pass at the Pine Valley Store just north of the interstate (down the hill to the stop sign, then across Old Highway 80 to the store). Not a bad area in which to ride, though the road is rougher than it looks in these pics.

Last edited by Sidewinder on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:25 pm 
Alright, the photo hosting site didn't mix up the photos in that last round, but they ARE in reverse order, so if you begin at the end and work backwards through the assortment, you'll see the ride as it unfolded, so to speak. Nice scenery there on Bear Valley Road, and not a whole lot of other riders if you go during the week. Guess that's it for now, y'all enjoy the monkeybike photos, LOL. Coolest thing of all about this little bike: it fits into the back seat of the p.o.s. Camry, and unloading it always makes a statement when I park the car near lifted disco trucks pulling cycle trailers, LOL.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this little offroad rocket o' mine is NOT any kind of "museum-quality restoration"---its sole purpose in life is to ride trails out in the mountains and desert, where I often go camping, 10-4? No show bike, this one, just a full-on trail thrasher with no pretensions whatsoever, LOL.

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TR

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:49 pm 
I reckon this site is geared more toward street bikes and show bikes... I was hoping to find other monkeybikers who ride in the dirt. No worries, I'll resume my search elsewhere, but not before I post one last round of shots for those hands who were cool enough to offer helpful suggestions. Like the island shots I shared in that one link, these shots are unique... you won't find any like 'em on the Internet, I guarantee it, LOL. Okay, first ya gotta bring up the web page by going here:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/salton-sea-salton-city

Once you're on that page, scroll down till you see a "review" by Railsplitter Z., the photos can be found in reverse order at the end of that review. Just click the blue line to "See all photos by Railsplitter..." and work your way backward through the assortment to see Salton Expedition II as it occurred. Badass sailing venue, the Salton, most people are totally clueless about it. Sailing the length of the lake was radical, right down the centerline of that bad boy. Unreal venue, and don't let anyone ever tell ya otherwise. I'm outta here, color me gone, ADIOS!!!