Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Honda C70 Passport
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:27 pm 
So i had to move over to a Honda Elite 50cc throttle tube and brake lever all-in-one unit. Now this fixed my front brake cable issue when using the BMX lever. This will be something i will go back and fix later. Just ordered a longer 30" throttle cable to clean the throttle cable length up. More pictures when it comes in. I'll be looking at Registering the Bike later this week. I am not sure if i can just get the title transferred into my name, or will i have to go to inspection. I guess more to come.

Small things to do is power coat the battery box & the stock elite hand control for the front brake/throttle. Then hopefully find a 82-83 battery box cover. Then come up with a new headlight bracket. But it's come along way i am fully impressed with the slow build. It was all attention to detail and not doing a rush job, cutting corners...

:banger:

Honda PCX 150 2013 New Project

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:22 am 

#LIFANCUBLIFE

Got my Vin inspection yesterday passed. Also do note that depending on the DMV they will check the Frame and ENGINE vin. I lucked out because they couldn't find the FACTORY HONDA engine vin on the Lifan Engine. Hmmm I wonder why so strange :banger:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:25 pm 
ok little brother dem0nk1d , I read all 20 pages in this topic and was following before it was posted here, I got an account, now I just gotta start my own build.

I got the scooter, some tools, access to a scooter repair shop,.... but where do I post in this forum? the International area? I wanna go back to California, sucks here.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:05 am 
What turn and brake lights are those? Source?

Awesome build.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 am 
Both lights are from ebay. =( The brake light is the single oval light with integrated turnsignals, but it’s only being used as a running lamp, and brake lamp. Then turn signals are also fleebay. “Bobber Tail Lights” But thanks for checking the build. I’m currently in the process trying to sell the bike, as it was originally built for the wife. She doesn’t like the fact that you have to shift and kickstart.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:30 pm 
dem0nk1d wrote:
Both lights are from ebay. =( The brake light is the single oval light with integrated turnsignals, but it’s only being used as a running lamp, and brake lamp. Then turn signals are also fleebay. “Bobber Tail Lights” But thanks for checking the build. I’m currently in the process trying to sell the bike, as it was originally built for the wife. She doesn’t like the fact that you have to shift and kickstart.

Appreciate it. I managed to find the same turn signals on ebay after I asked.

I'm sure I'm not along in this request, but it would be awesome, helpful and greatly appreciated if you took several hi-res photos of the bike from various angles and up close. I'm sure it will be the inspiration of many to follow. It's an awesome and extremely detailed build. I expect my will be similar - flat black is just my style, not to copy you, but it's got to be done...unless I convince myself that the Monza red with some bare metal patina will look good in the end.

What top speed are you getting with the Lifan? Which pipe and what gearing did you go with?

Best of luck with the sell, very interested in hearing what you get for it. I think Austin would be a similar market as SoCal for such scooters...especially with all the hipsters eating them up here.

Thanks again!
rugger

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:12 pm 
dem0nk1d wrote:

#LIFANCUBLIFE

Got my Vin inspection yesterday passed. Also do note that depending on the DMV they will check the Frame and ENGINE vin. I lucked out because they couldn't find the FACTORY HONDA engine vin on the Lifan Engine. Hmmm I wonder why so strange :banger:

I live in Milwaukee, WI. I brought my paperwork into the DMV and got a title for my '82 Passport C70. They didn't even need to see the bike. Which is great because it's only an empty frame :)

I've got an '81 parts bike, but I think that engine is shot, so I'm looking to go the Lifan 125cc route. Semi-Auto, but I can't seem to find a good source for an e-start engine.

Love your build thread. Great inspiration. Thanks!

1964 Suzuki T10
1965 Suzuki T250
1972 Honda CL450
1978 Yamaha XS650
1982 Honda Passport C70

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20