Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Iron Butt
Iron Butt
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: CarolinaCON 2011 - Greensboro
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 am 
GangstaLean wrote:
ps. whats a teenage burger?

a Short Sugars specialty from the 1940's (when they first opened):
two beef patties w/cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, mustard, chili and slaw.

Very tasty but also very messy to handle.....
novices generally end up wearing as much of the teenage burger as they eat.....
that's why there's a car wash across the street.

"You live and learn......at any rate, you live."
~Douglas Adams

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 am 
BRed wrote:
GangstaLean wrote:
ps. whats a teenage burger?

a Short Sugars specialty from the 1940's (when they first opened):
two beef patties w/cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, mustard, chili and slaw.

Very tasty but also very messy to handle.....
novices generally end up wearing as much of the teenage burger as they eat.....
that's why there's a car wash across the street.

^^ lol sounds like a new country song..

the bbq was good.. but im born and raised in eastern NC so eastern style is my fav.. :)

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:23 pm 
Sup g's thanks for everything this weekend i just got home a little bit ago seems like ive been in that truck for 2 strait days (damn i have been in the truck for 2 days) but anyway todd is gonna be in his last surgery 2maro morn round 9 they have to take the sponge and pump out of his knee they all ready put a plate in his arm during the first one hes in a lot of pain but they are takin care of that belive me think their gonna keep him till thurs for pain management and thats ok with him lol!!! hes talked smack to all the nurses in the buildin and he dont decriminate (cant wait to tell him about a couple he talked to lmao!! he looks alot better 2 day tho thank god, was even up walkin with the walker not cuz he wanted to cuz doc and i made him. Ok that was his adventure now for mine. I left round what 9:30 from eds (buy the way thanks for the mapquest ed it was right on time) the begining first it was all the way back to stuart va to the er picked up my ruck while im loading there are ppl askin all these questions about everything ,what happend? ,what kind of bike is that? so on and so on. And of all things i forget dans stuff the man that helped todd and I all day ( felt like the biggest ass on earth, sorry again dan) next i left from there and went to the crash site its like 12:00 and a dog is barkin like crazy so im not getting outm of the truck so i start barely blowin the horn trying not to be loud but get some one, nobody comes out so 15, 20 mins later i start circling the parking lot tryin to get attention but not be loud nothing finaly i just pull up in the drive and blow the horn (F it!! beep beep) they come out its like 12:30 by now and i ask where the zuma is at. Its been stored for me at hamms garage in stuart thanks va hp officer dylan so i tell them that again for everything and leave out for mt.airy.

09 fly 50 (tha caddy)
06 sr 50 soon to be bbk

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:49 pm 
2:00 am i pull in to northern hp talk to what ever they give todd cuz it wasnt todd and laughed myself to sleep. 7 am i get up and hey todds back lol! Into surgery. i waited for him to get out talked with the doc to make sure everything went ok and left for home surry county to burke county good ol motown came in saw my wife and kids for a few and laid down for some zzzzzs..
So monday iget up go to the bank get some doe and todds dad and back to surry county to see todd . finally get ahold of hamms garage in stuart and they have stored my scooter for a whooping 110.00 dollars thanks hamms so back to stuart i go , i got there and got my bike on the truck and i let them have it lol!!! i learned along time ago u done talk shit to the man thats fixin ur food till u get it and that just what i did, f hamms and va hp talk about ur vag masters they own the copyright a$%holes!! back to surry county hp once again checked in on my bud wished him the best and back to morganton i went .... but all in all it was a experince i meet some great ppl and hopefully some lifelong freinds carolina con the bomb the only complaint i have is (i dont think im alone on this or possibly i am ) it would be great if we could stay a group next year i was always told that the group is only as fast as its slowest bike and if ur worried about meeting some one there was a few cell phones with us but im not tryin to make waves just a sugestion all in all i had a great time todd says thanks for all the support

D1

09 fly 50 (tha caddy)
06 sr 50 soon to be bbk

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 pm 
d1abrucktec wrote:
carolina con the bomb the only complaint i have is (i dont think im alone on this or possibly i am ) it would be great if we could stay a group next year i was always told that the group is only as fast as its slowest bike
D1

:banger: You're not alone.

Skipbarber wrote:
PS: Ever notice that the more you spend on a ruckus, the less of it there seems to be?

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm 
Technically on group rides every rider has a responsibility to watch the guy behind them and make sure they don't fall too far behind, when they do you slow down and let them catch up...the next guy does the same and so on all the way to the front.

Keeping the pack together is everyones job...that's how it's done...the guy in front can't see all the way to the back all the time...I know it's easy to put it on someone else, but it's a group effort.

It's also a good idea to have your bike running right before setting out on a 180 mile ride.

At any rate, it was EPIC :banger:

Last edited by dubG on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:47 pm 
i agree 100% and guys dont think, oh hes bitchin cuz his bkes slow and he was in the back all day, cuz fellas im not i could have been by myself all day and been great, it was a killer route and some great sights i just think it would have been even better if the group could have been a little tighter its always better to ride with friends. just a thought

09 fly 50 (tha caddy)
06 sr 50 soon to be bbk

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 am 
all the rides i have ever been a part of always has that rule.. keep the guy behind you in your mirror.. if you get around a corner and you cant see him/her.. slow down.. and there is nothing wrong with bombing a hill with the front pack.. shit we all have done it.. i usually take turns.. sometimes try to stay WOT as i can.. if i get the weights just right.. i can usually keep up pretty good.. but if i have to slow down.. im fucked.. lol.. and when we get pretty far ahead.. i like to slow down and let ppl pass me.. and like the ride saturday.. i know how it is to be at the rear of the pack and everyone has left you.. been there done that in the rain at the smokies ride freezing my ass off.. so i tried to stay back with Josh and Dan.. it was unfortunate that Todd had to go back up to bring the tools and then later had the accident.. but as we all know.. that can happen to anyone at anytime.. so we all gotta keep an eye out on everyone.. when we rode off after the ambulance left.. the group had no sweeper.. me and derek were in the back.. so the first chance we caught up i asked Nikki if she was going to sweep.. she was the only one with a big ruck.. she agreed.. so we got back on track.. and made it home safe.. so.. overall i had a blast.. was great to meet you guys/gals :P i was really impressed when i rolled up.. started to get my shit together and put up my tent and out of nowhere Trish who i haven't met before came over and offered her help with my tent along with Ed and a few others.. damn.. that was very nice of you all.. once my tent was up we rolled out.. riding around greensboro at night was fun.. coopers was hilarious.. thanks Mike.. and if it didnt RAIN on friday it would of been cool to do it again.. didnt really see much of greensboro lol.. on saturday night.. after the long ass ride.. i was tired as hell.. so i decided not to go on the ride to greensboro.. sat under the shed.. listened to Pete, Nikki, and Ed jam session.. which was kinda funny cause Nikki wasnt exactly jam ready lol :P anyways.. overall great time.. met some new friends.. some old friends.. an experience i will never forget.. and just remember.. we are all individuals with different backgrounds.. riding experience.. ethics.. so sometimes we might bump heads.. argue.. get pissed.. disagree.. but in the end it all worked out so no vagin.. :P

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:04 am 
BlueRidgeRuckus wrote:
all the rides i have ever been a part of always has that rule.. keep the guy behind you in your mirror.. if you get around a corner and you cant see him/her.. slow down.. and there is nothing wrong with bombing a hill with the front pack.. shit we all have done it.. i usually take turns.. sometimes try to stay WOT as i can.. if i get the weights just right.. i can usually keep up pretty good.. but if i have to slow down.. im fucked.. lol.. and when we get pretty far ahead.. i like to slow down and let ppl pass me.. and like the ride saturday.. i know how it is to be at the rear of the pack and everyone has left you.. been there done that in the rain at the smokies ride freezing my ass off.. so i tried to stay back with Josh and Dan.. it was unfortunate that Todd had to go back up to bring the tools and then later had the accident.. but as we all know.. that can happen to anyone at anytime.. so we all gotta keep an eye out on everyone.. when we rode off after the ambulance left.. the group had no sweeper.. me and derek were in the back.. so the first chance we caught up i asked Nikki if she was going to sweep.. she was the only one with a big ruck.. she agreed.. so we got back on track.. and made it home safe.. so.. overall i had a blast.. was great to meet you guys/gals :P i was really impressed when i rolled up.. started to get my shit together and put up my tent and out of nowhere Trish who i haven't met before came over and offered her help with my tent along with Ed and a few others.. damn.. that was very nice of you all.. once my tent was up we rolled out.. riding around greensboro at night was fun.. coopers was hilarious.. thanks Mike.. and if it didnt RAIN on friday it would of been cool to do it again.. didnt really see much of greensboro lol.. on saturday night.. after the long ass ride.. i was tired as hell.. so i decided not to go on the ride to greensboro.. sat under the shed.. listened to Pete, Nikki, and Ed jam session.. which was kinda funny cause Nikki wasnt exactly jam ready lol :P anyways.. overall great time.. met some new friends.. some old friends.. an experience i will never forget.. and just remember.. we are all individuals with different backgrounds.. riding experience.. ethics.. so sometimes we might bump heads.. argue.. get pissed.. disagree.. but in the end it all worked out so no vagin.. :P

:highfive: :banger:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19