Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: CarolinaCON 2011 - Greensboro
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:06 pm 
Just talked to Josh. Todd has a broken arm and a broken leg. He will be going to surgery in the morning.....I am assuming the surgery will be at the hospital in Mt. Airy, but I am not certain about that.

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 am 
Thanks for the update Dan.. we were blessed that you were riding with us.. hope Todd's recovery goes well.. we talked briefly last night about starting a collection for Todd to help with his recovery/medical bill... someone should start a thread in the main forum and get the word out.. it could of easily been anyone... Josh.. keep in touch with me.. you guys are not that far away from me...

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Bathroom mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 am 
Except for the accident coming down the mountain, it was great time.

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:57 pm 
jmzd4 wrote:
Except for the accident coming down the mountain, it was great time.

What happened???

Wish I could have went! Next month's ride is very likely :mrgreen:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 pm 
spoke to Josh this morning. Todd was in the operating room at the hospital in Mt. Airy and was going to get a plate put on his fractured right arm. Apparently, he also fractured his patella (that's what we were looking at for those of you who saw his open wound on the front of his right knee) and there was some road debris in that wound....I think they were just going to wash out that wound and cast the joint....not sure there is much else to do with a fractured patella, but I'm not too knowledgeable about that. Josh was expecting that Todd would be discharged from the hospital later today or tomorrow.

The Zuma that Todd was riding when he crashed was impounded by the local Sheriff. So Josh will have to make a trip back up to Stuart, VA this week to pick it up. Josh and Todd live in Morganton, NC. In the confusion of picking up the LR in Stuart, dealing with the police, and trying not to get lost, Josh forgot to bring my rear box from my BR back here to NC (I had to remove it so I could give Josh a ride back to BRed's place)....So I had to drive back up to Stuart earlier today to pick up that stuff.....very pretty drive.

Ghosts
Ghosts
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:41 pm 
ClassicCityRuckus wrote:

What happened???

2 guys from Morganton, NC came on early saturday right before we started to head out on the long drive to Tuggles Gap.. Josh was on a ruckus and the other (Todd) was on a zuma.. right from the start Josh was having probs with his ruck.. too much air in the carb.. so we stopped and he tried some quick fixes.. after a few more miles.. decided to switch the air filter from the zuma over to the ruckus.. after that Todd on the zuma almost ran out of gas so we stopped and we all filled up.. had a great time all the way to Tuggles Gap in VA.. it was about to rain as we pulled up to the restaurant up there.. we waited for the Big Rucks and they never showed up.. so we decided to jet down the mountain.. it was still raining as we went down.. with the rain Josh's ruck open filter was getting soaked.. so Dan and I stayed back as everyone including Todd rode ahead.. well after awhile Dan told me to go that he would stay back with Josh.. i went on.. later Dan caught back up to me to let me know Josh pulled over and had water in his carb.. he needed the toolbox under the seat in the zuma.. so Dan sped ahead to get the toolbox.. not more then 15-20mins they passed me going back up to Josh.. i went ahead and caught up to the pack at a lil gas station.. we waited and waited.. then we saw them coming down around a corner and we heard someone beeping their horns.. i didnt see it from my vantage point a house and trees were blocking my view but someone said they say the zuma crash.. all of us quickly went up there and immediately Dan was at Todd's side helping him.. he was in the corner next to a rock face.. everyone pitched in.. the girls across the street came out and helped me stop traffic until the sheriff came.. i never saw him for more then a second as Dan, Ryan, and Derek covered him with their jackets.. towels.. and then a lady from across the street came with a blanket.. 15mins later ambulance arrived... after it left.. we booked it back to Eds while Dan stayed back to talk with the EMTs/sheriff/etc.. im not sure of the rest.. only heard here and there.. but good to hear from Dan about Todd..

Hobbies ==>Youtube - Photography <==

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:35 pm 
I had a blast this weekend. It was great to meet and ride with all of ya'll. Can't wait till next year. I'm going to see if I can make it to the dragon's tale next month. Ride safe!

Chicken & Waffles
Chicken & Waffles
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm 
I got home, about 45 minutes ago. Great to see my family, missed them.
A grand total of 1136.3 miles of travel since Thursday. 4 days of great rides and fun times. will get pics loaded up this week.

Thanks again Ed for hosting and all of your hospitality, good to see you crazy bums again, now to rest my voice.

My wife just said "1,000 miles and no voice, Conference of Noise was a success." :highfive: :banger: :usa: :canuck:

CarolinaCoN 2017, June 7-11 Roanoke Rapids, NC #10
2012 Majesty

CarolinaCoN 2008-2016
WAN's farewell '08
2006 BR 38,500 miles 9/07-11/13 (R.I.P.)

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 pm 
Had a great time. Had to bail on the blue ridge ride at 226. Too much traffic.

Hope Todd heals soon.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 pm 
Had an awesome time and a truly epic ride :banger: !! It was great meeting everyone. Props to all who attended

Weeble
Weeble

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm 
Wooo Hooo how about that Con!! We had a little bit of everything this weekend after a "quiet" drive home. I'm left here to collect my thought while chochin on the couch!! Thanks DubG for the addition to my vocab. I had a blast Ed you were a astounding host!!
ps. whats a teenage burger?

CarolinaCon '10 '11 '12

"And Then We Cheeched" (dubG)

vAbEACH [NoRushRuckusKrew

MY BUILD ( viewtopic.php?f=93&t=68469 )

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm 
GangstaLean wrote:
ps. whats a teenage burger?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=29380&hilit=+cb350&start=30

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 am 
BlueRidgeRuckus wrote:
ClassicCityRuckus wrote:

What happened???

2 guys from Morganton, NC came on early saturday right before we started to head out on the long drive to Tuggles Gap.. Josh was on a ruckus and the other (Todd) was on a zuma.. right from the start Josh was having probs with his ruck.. too much air in the carb.. so we stopped and he tried some quick fixes.. after a few more miles.. decided to switch the air filter from the zuma over to the ruckus.. after that Todd on the zuma almost ran out of gas so we stopped and we all filled up.. had a great time all the way to Tuggles Gap in VA.. it was about to rain as we pulled up to the restaurant up there.. we waited for the Big Rucks and they never showed up.. so we decided to jet down the mountain.. it was still raining as we went down.. with the rain Josh's ruck open filter was getting soaked.. so Dan and I stayed back as everyone including Todd rode ahead.. well after awhile Dan told me to go that he would stay back with Josh.. i went on.. later Dan caught back up to me to let me know Josh pulled over and had water in his carb.. he needed the toolbox under the seat in the zuma.. so Dan sped ahead to get the toolbox.. not more then 15-20mins they passed me going back up to Josh.. i went ahead and caught up to the pack at a lil gas station.. we waited and waited.. then we saw them coming down around a corner and we heard someone beeping their horns.. i didnt see it from my vantage point a house and trees were blocking my view but someone said they say the zuma crash.. all of us quickly went up there and immediately Dan was at Todd's side helping him.. he was in the corner next to a rock face.. everyone pitched in.. the girls across the street came out and helped me stop traffic until the sheriff came.. i never saw him for more then a second as Dan, Ryan, and Derek covered him with their jackets.. towels.. and then a lady from across the street came with a blanket.. 15mins later ambulance arrived... after it left.. we booked it back to Eds while Dan stayed back to talk with the EMTs/sheriff/etc.. im not sure of the rest.. only heard here and there.. but good to hear from Dan about Todd..

Hello , thanks for the information blue ridge . I had planned on being there with Josh . I dont personally know todd or anything but definitely feel for the guy . Ive known Josh for years and we had planned on going together but life and family kinda got in the way and i wasn't able to make it . i need to call Josh because i haven't spoke to him since Wednesday thanks for the information .

my build ( so far) http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x117 ... ?start=all

Chicken & Waffles
Chicken & Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 am 
Sawman texted me about 30 minutes ago (don't know how that converts to the metric system :flip: )
He was about 2 hours from home, had crossed in to Canada last nite

CarolinaCoN 2017, June 7-11 Roanoke Rapids, NC #10
2012 Majesty

CarolinaCoN 2008-2016
WAN's farewell '08
2006 BR 38,500 miles 9/07-11/13 (R.I.P.)

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 am 
WOW what an eventful weekend! I always have such a spectacular time with all of you guys and I will say it's going to be really hard to top Ed next year!!!

My heart and prayers go out to Todd. :cry: It really makes you stop and appreciate what is around you and that life can be so precious when you witness something like we did. God willing, he will have a speedy recovery and be 100% sooner than later.

Dan, words cannot express how much I appreciate you and the fact that you took control of the situation. THANK YOU!

Thank you Ed and Glenn for your hospitality and guidance and making this CoN great!

I am sorry I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to everyone...you guys and gals are just awesome! *BIG HUGS*

.:~Mr.B's Garage~:.
.:'06 BiggusRuckus:.
.:vAbEACH nO rUSH rUCKUS cREW:.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next