Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: the HID thread (high intensity discharge headlamps)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:03 pm 
i made my own becuase you dont need relays i just using black wire touch to grounded to frame or battery on (-) ! super easy !!!! i have hid kit too

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=54864
my 2007 Honda ruckus is sold ! this is history for now now for 2016 Jan 7 bought new honda mets 2014 blue I still grand Rapids michigan

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 am 
let there be light....still have to move the headlight ground to the frame. Once it idles the hids go dark =[ I have it wired to high beam as "ON" and low is "OFF"....but when its off the little high beam indicator light is on....bleh

Follow the build on IG @ka0bit0 Image

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 am 
ka0bit0 wrote:
let there be light....still have to move the headlight ground to the frame. Once it idles the hids go dark =[ I have it wired to high beam as "ON" and low is "OFF"....but when its off the little high beam indicator light is on....bleh

nice but my kit is bi-xenon that mean has 2 in one setting is called bi-xenon stand for low/hi beams is perfect kits i bought it from hidsrus.com that cheap also i made my own hid light off /on switch i drilled in front of battery box by using 3/8 drill bits for install switch rockers and wire up with black wire from hid kit to battery is ready to go! when daytimes but i warned you when you start the engine on your ruck you must hid light off before starting the engine then turn hid light for helps recharge battery safely for some stock ruckus batter at 6ah but not my battery i have ruckus has new hi tech battery is 13ah 12volt drycell type battery they are expevise thank god i bought this battery from cailf guy they are wonderful person he working with eletric scooter for long times they are hi tech guy to build off and mod on current electric scooter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy riding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger:

my 2007 Honda ruckus is sold ! this is history for now now for 2016 Jan 7 bought new honda mets 2014 blue I still grand Rapids michigan

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 am 

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 pm 
Recently finished up my HID projector retrofit on my ruckus with 5k bulbs.

Need to adjust the aiming a little more

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm 
Flexo wrote:
Recently finished up my HID projector retrofit on my ruckus with 5k bulbs.

Need to adjust the aiming a little more

Post some daytime pics when you can bro.

n00bie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:01 am 
Some day time pics for you guys.
the retrofit is pretty easy. The shrouds i went with don't quite cover all i would like to have covered but will work for now.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:36 pm 
HOLY SMOKES THAT MASSIVE LENS !!!!!! :ucrazy:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm 
ScScomp2009 wrote:
HOLY SMOKES THAT MASSIVE LENS !!!!!! :ucrazy:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:37 am 
I am thinking about adding an HID kit to my 2009 Ruckus. My only electrical modification so far is an R6 tail light with integrated turn signals. I was wondering if anybody knows whether a H4 bi-xenon bulb will fit in the Ruckus headlight housing. I am thinking the bi-xenon bulbs would be great because then I could have both hi and lo beams, two of each. I know that wiring it won't be an issue for me, but just don't want to send the money to find out they won't fit when I get them.
vvvvv BELOW IS THE KIT I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING vvvvv
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0880491678

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 pm 
Bump for the following unanswered question
The Professor wrote:
I am thinking about adding an HID kit to my 2009 Ruckus. My only electrical modification so far is an R6 tail light with integrated turn signals. I was wondering if anybody knows whether a H4 bi-xenon bulb will fit in the Ruckus headlight housing. I am thinking the bi-xenon bulbs would be great because then I could have both hi and lo beams, two of each. I know that wiring it won't be an issue for me, but just don't want to send the money to find out they won't fit when I get them.
vvvvv BELOW IS THE KIT I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING vvvvv
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0880491678

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 pm 
the kit you posted is NOT bi-xenon, but it will fit in the oem headlights

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 pm 
Just wanted to say how helpful this thread has been. Thank you so much HOTNANAS. I like your attitude too. Even though you've posted answers already, you're not telling people to STFF and instead you've just simply reposted. I would really encourage others to read through the thread before asking questions though b/c repeat posts are making this thread way long. Hotnanas spent a lot of time helping us out and the least we can do is read through the pages.

Thought I'd post up status of my project. I don't post here much but hopefully this can help someone. This is an old thread, so there's been some new products released since its inception.

I bought the DDM Tuning low beam kit ($25) with H4 bulb for my Vino 125 and the $15 relay harness. I had called DDM Tuning and was told the harness that comes with the high/low kit is not the same as the one sold separately for $15 with the relay. I figured if I get the low beam only kit, I can use the highbeam switch on my scoot as an off switch for the HID's if lighting it up is successful. From reading, it sounds like it's better if the headlights are NOT turned on with the ignition, but afterwards.

The Walgreens 9v battery is just there to show the scale of the ballast. It's uber tiny!

Received the kit yesterday.
Plugged it in over the evening and the headlight flickers.
The relay also vibrates violently going on/off a billion times a second. Kinda freaky.
After researching a bunch on other forums (mostly car ones) where people had the same problem, they've also opted to install a capacitor which helped a majority of the folks.
So where I'm at now is I need to go buy a capacitor after work today and give it a test.

My project status is all outlined in my blog (see sig) for anyone who wants photos (yet to be uploaded at the time of this post) and other detailed information beyond the scope of this thread. I found a way to install the capacitor w/o soldering. So for anyone who's freaked about about electrical installations like that may want to point their browser to my blog for a quick video showing how the capacitor can be installed. (Not my video. Just found it online from another forum).

DIDN'T WORK:
Still flickers even with the capacitor. Is it possible that I'm actually supposed to connect the negative wire to ground instead of the negative pole of the battery? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm totally stupid when it comes to electronics. I can swap out my suspension, redo my brakes on my car, but for the life of me I don't know anything about anything involving wires.

CAPACITOR POPPED:
I tried it again but this time grounding the negative wire instead of putting it on the negative pole of the battery. I don't think it's because of this move that made the capacitor pop. Probably just a coincidence. Does the blown up capacitor mean that the capacitor was not big enough or perhaps that I installed it with the incorrect polarity? This was my third try of the day and the capacitor probably just about had it. I've seen someone use a 470 microfarad 35w capacitor instead of the 100 microfarad one. I'll go pick one of those up tomorrow to see if that works unless someone recommends otherwise. I remember one of you tried that and it still didn't work. You ended up hooking up a switch to the system and now everything is fine and dandy.

Not thinking that'll work for me b/c my setup already acts as a switch. I turn my scooter on with the highbeam setting which is my OFF setting. After idling for a bit, I turn it to low beam which turns the scooter low beam on (or least that's the goal). Still flickers. I'm definitely open to other suggestions. Let me know what advice y'all have. Thanks.

NEW CAPACITOR:
Does anyone know why capacitors blow up? Not certain whether it's b/c:
A: Too much current is going through the capacitor and it just can't handle it
B: Incorrect polarity (AKA, I hooked it up incorrectly)
C: All of the above
D: None of the above.
E: Either or.

Pics, videos, mod installations, experiences, product reviews @ http://96mpg.blogspot.com/

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 pm 
is there a diagram of how to wire the stock light switch so it's just on/off instead of high/low?

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=76445

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm 
zoomie888 wrote:
Just wanted to say how helpful this thread has been. Thank you so much HOTNANAS. I like your attitude too. Even though you've posted answers already, you're not telling people to STFF and instead you've just simply reposted. I would really encourage others to read through the thread before asking questions though b/c repeat posts are making this thread way long. Hotnanas spent a lot of time helping us out and the least we can do is read through the pages.

Thought I'd post up status of my project. I don't post here much but hopefully this can help someone. This is an old thread, so there's been some new products released since its inception.

I bought the DDM Tuning low beam kit ($25) with H4 bulb for my Vino 125 and the $15 relay harness. I had called DDM Tuning and was told the harness that comes with the high/low kit is not the same as the one sold separately for $15 with the relay. I figured if I get the low beam only kit, I can use the highbeam switch on my scoot as an off switch for the HID's if lighting it up is successful. From reading, it sounds like it's better if the headlights are NOT turned on with the ignition, but afterwards.

The Walgreens 9v battery is just there to show the scale of the ballast. It's uber tiny!

Received the kit yesterday.
Plugged it in over the evening and the headlight flickers.
The relay also vibrates violently going on/off a billion times a second. Kinda freaky.
After researching a bunch on other forums (mostly car ones) where people had the same problem, they've also opted to install a capacitor which helped a majority of the folks.
So where I'm at now is I need to go buy a capacitor after work today and give it a test.

My project status is all outlined in my blog (see sig) for anyone who wants photos (yet to be uploaded at the time of this post) and other detailed information beyond the scope of this thread. I found a way to install the capacitor w/o soldering. So for anyone who's freaked about about electrical installations like that may want to point their browser to my blog for a quick video showing how the capacitor can be installed. (Not my video. Just found it online from another forum).

DIDN'T WORK:
Still flickers even with the capacitor. Is it possible that I'm actually supposed to connect the negative wire to ground instead of the negative pole of the battery? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm totally stupid when it comes to electronics. I can swap out my suspension, redo my brakes on my car, but for the life of me I don't know anything about anything involving wires.

CAPACITOR POPPED:
I tried it again but this time grounding the negative wire instead of putting it on the negative pole of the battery. I don't think it's because of this move that made the capacitor pop. Probably just a coincidence. Does the blown up capacitor mean that the capacitor was not big enough or perhaps that I installed it with the incorrect polarity? This was my third try of the day and the capacitor probably just about had it. I've seen someone use a 470 microfarad 35w capacitor instead of the 100 microfarad one. I'll go pick one of those up tomorrow to see if that works unless someone recommends otherwise. I remember one of you tried that and it still didn't work. You ended up hooking up a switch to the system and now everything is fine and dandy.

Not thinking that'll work for me b/c my setup already acts as a switch. I turn my scooter on with the highbeam setting which is my OFF setting. After idling for a bit, I turn it to low beam which turns the scooter low beam on (or least that's the goal). Still flickers. I'm definitely open to other suggestions. Let me know what advice y'all have. Thanks.

NEW CAPACITOR:
Does anyone know why capacitors blow up? Not certain whether it's b/c:
A: Too much current is going through the capacitor and it just can't handle it
B: Incorrect polarity (AKA, I hooked it up incorrectly)
C: All of the above
D: None of the above.
E: Either or.

i have used and installed many kits from ddm tuning in cars for years. several things can affect performance of hid kits, and some times when you get a cheap kit they are shitty out of the box. that is why oem hid parts cost hundred of dollars. with that said in my experience if you treat the equipment right (not toughing bulbs, ever removing bulbs from bulb holders before install, and insure proper polarity before fire up) use absolutely perfect wiring through a relay that runs to battery positive, frame ground, and trigger from correct switch, have a good battery/ charging system and don't turn them on and off rapidly or let them flicker for TOO LONG, i have never had one fail on me for years of use. :beers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next