Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: YSS Replacement Shock for the Big Ruckus
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm 
Thanks BRed. Are there any other YSS options (more expensive, bells and whistles)?

1965 Vespa Gran Lusso (G.L.) 150
2005 Honda Big Ruckus
2008 Genuine Stella 2T

Iron Butt
Iron Butt
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 am 
Yes, there are......
Klaus indicated that if you were willing to wait, he could order components to build any type of shock you wanted.
That includes all the features listed on their options page above.

The YSS ME-302 version that several of us are using is the least expensive aftermarket shock, at about the same cost as a Honda OEM replacement....
a fully loaded custom shock will exceed the cost of the Bitubo and may reach the cost of the Ohlins?

Give him a call at the number listed in the YSS thread and talk with him. Just let him know what you want.
Even with the the standard shock he'll want to know total loaded weight to select the right spring for your use.

"You live and learn......at any rate, you live."
~Douglas Adams

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am 

Last edited by hal9000 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 pm 
Thanks for the help BRed. I just ordered the ME-302-395-T. I look forward to getting it on the bike!

PS: email from Klaus

The ME 302-395 TL is one of the shocks that I have built for the Big Ruckus.
Another one is the MC 302-395 TL. It is the same shock with the same
adjustments, but it has a reservoir which separates the gas from the oil.
When riding hard, the MC will give you the better performance.
The price for the ME 302-395 TL is $ 254.00
The MC 302-395 TL is $ 294.00
S&H for either one is $ 16.00

1965 Vespa Gran Lusso (G.L.) 150
2005 Honda Big Ruckus
2008 Genuine Stella 2T

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 pm 
I just ordered an ME 302-395 TL from Klaus yesterday. The current lead time on this is 30 days. :(

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:12 pm 

Last edited by hal9000 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 am 
hal9000 wrote:
Ohlins $419 shipped

Link please. I fucked of search.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 am 
Pspycho wrote:
I just ordered an ME 302-395 TL from Klaus yesterday. The current lead time on this is 30 days. :(

My order arrived last week on the 22nd. I installed it next day in about 15mins and I can say it's worth every penny!! Single rider (180lbs + gear) it feels like the BR just hugs the road better - no more rear wheel wandering. With 2UP (180 + 135lbs) the sag has diminished by at least 100% when my wife gets on the passenger saddle. The BR really soaks up the bumps now without feeling like it's going to bottom out each time. It's a much more stable platform and (IMHO) how the BR should have been from the get go.

:banger: For the YSS Rear Shock!!

:BR:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Shop mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm 
Just got back from my first run with the new YSS ME 302-395 T shock.
What an amazing difference!!
Ditto: worth every penny!!

A good time to Thank all you who give up your tips, tricks, ideas, sites, knowledge.
I would not be on one without this site and it's members.
Thank You!!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:15 pm 
I'm jealous. I bought a replacement shock too except it was for my Vino 125 and I didn't get an extra wrench, stickers nor key chain. Boooo.

http://96mpg.blogspot.com/2010/12/diy-tutorial-yss-rear-adustable-shock.html

Mine happened to be adjustable and it's working great. Much softer than the super harsh ride my Yamaha came with. Recommended at least for the Vino.

Pics, videos, mod installations, experiences, product reviews @ http://96mpg.blogspot.com/

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Parking lot mechanic
 Post subject: Re: YSS Replacement Shock for the Honda FES250 Foresight
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:38 am 
BRed wrote:
some additional information from YSS.....
this is great information for any one setting up any shock.

Suspension Setup

Shock Absorber Setup

Mono Shocks

Replacement Springs for shocks and forks.

Option Feature Numbering Explained

After finding the 3 YSS shocks for the Foresight listed on an Italian website, I emailed YSSUSA with the stock numbers listed there.....

Dear YSSUSA:

please send pricing on the following 3 version of the 395mm YSS shocks:

OC302-395T-01EAL
OD220-395P-01
OE302-395T-01AL

Thanks!

ed

Thank you for your interest in our YSS shocks

The Mono shock prices for the Honda Foresight are as follows:

OC302-395T-01EAL = $ 245.00
OD220-395P-01 = $ 58.00
OE302-395T-01AL = $ 159.00

Regards

Klaus Huenecke

I immediately placed the order and mentioned it will be used on a Big Ruckus........

Thank you for the order.

I have supplied some shocks for the Ruckus before, but they had different length = 290 mm only.

The item you ordered has 395 mm = difference of over 4”. Is that correct?

What is the bushing size for the shocks that you have?

Top should be dia. 10 x 20 mm wide and bottom is a fork or clevis of 26 mm wide with dia. 10 holes.

The shocks I quoted you have to be ordered, they are not in stock.

For the OD 220 I have to place a min. order of 60 units and for the OE a minimum of 40 units.

This would be a major investment not knowing whether there are follow up orders by other Ruckus owners.

I am willing to do that, but we need to clarify the length and top and bottom mount issue first to make sure what we have is correct and they are all the same.

When I order the items, the lead time will be 5-6 weeks

Regards

Klaus Huenecke

I explain this is a BIG Ruckus, a 250cc and it uses the exact same shock as the Foresight quoted above. I tell him I don't know if we would ever have 40 BR riders wanting a new shock, but he will surely sell some at the above prices....but, maybe not enough to cover the minimum order.

Thank you for the details.

I can build you the OE model shock this week with motorcycle parts that I have here. It will be a model ME 302-395 T.

The shock will be with steel tube etc. The OE for the Honda Foresight will have an Aluminum body.

The ME can be serviced, the OE not.

The list price is a little more than the OE – for you it will be the same – but later on I have to charge more for it.

The OD model shock I have to get from the factory. I will be there next week, returning July 10. If I can bring one with me I will do that.

The advantage with the ME is that we can change spring rate here to suit riders weight, the OE comes with a certain spring rate.

The last question I have is: did I understand correctly – the shock has top and bottom eye mounts? The Foresight has a clevis at the bottom and not an eye mount?

Regards

Klaus Huenecke

I confirm the bottom clevis and told him to proceed......he built the shock I received.
I think, based on his email, that he will also be bringing back the OD (Foresight budget version listed at $56!) on July 10 and will ship it then.

The cost for the above pictured YSS ME 302 395 T was $219 + $16 S&H, but Klaus explained that future orders for this shock could be a bit more since he would be hand building them in the US instead of bulk ordering them 40 at a time from Australia or SE Asia.

That seemed reasonable to me.....the more you buy, the cheaper it gets, even for dealers.

From what I understood, like Ohlins, you can have almost any feature from the above YSS Options page...
from length adjustment to a hydraulic preloader can be incorporated into any custom shock they build......for a price.

I just wanted a good solid adjustable shock that could be rebuilt or resprung and the ME 302 version seemed to fit the bill. They can fine tune the spring to your custom specs based on solo, 2 Up, or luggage loaded touring. They can tailor the response of a shock for commuting or racing.

They also sell replacement springs for existing shocks! Since I have several OEMs laying around now, I intend to send Klaus one and let him fit it with a nice progessive spring. Replacement springs are about $100, for any load rating.

He said they could do the same thing for front fork springs!

I think YSS will turn out to be a good all around resource for TR riders, Ruck, BR and Other Scooters!

Klaus Huenecke

"Klaus Huenecke" <sales@yssusa.com>

732-786-9777

That's the YSS contact information, but you should wait until I've tested the shock for about a week or so to make sure the spring is in the right range, just as we did with the Ohlins shock. Even Klaus wanted some feedback before he sold more of them.
My understanding is he used the same spring specified for the Foresight.

And from what I saw on their website, he should be able to build a replacement shock for virtually ANY scooter or motorcycle once he knows the total loaded weight, the over all length of the shock, the travel (length of the exposed rod) and the size and style of the top and bottom mounts.

EBay item number 400723846009 will this work for my Big Ruckus

Current Project: 06 Big Ruckus, "Big Tejas"

Previous "Project": 08 Yamaha Vino XC50, "Lil' Red"

Iron Butt
Iron Butt
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 pm 
I believe it will.....the BR frame is based on the older Foresight frame with mono-shock rear.

Looks like the same basic shock design as OEM but with a stepped preload ring, which is really what everyone wanted?

"You live and learn......at any rate, you live."
~Douglas Adams

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:34 am 
BRed wrote:
I believe it will.....the BR frame is based on the older Foresight frame with mono-shock rear.

Looks like the same basic shock design as OEM but with a stepped preload ring, which is really what everyone wanted?

Thanks for that information.

Current Project: 06 Big Ruckus, "Big Tejas"

Previous "Project": 08 Yamaha Vino XC50, "Lil' Red"

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 am 
New guy here. I bought my BR last July off CL from another board member here. I love this scooter, wish I had bought one back when they were available.

Anyway.....don't have anything new to add about the YSS shock except that I bought one a few weeks ago from Klaus & just wanted to let everyone know that they are still available. Paid $269 including shipping and received it only a week after ordering. Easy to install, fits perfectly.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:49 am 
I got to take the BR out for the 1st time since installing the the YSS shock. What an amazing difference! I'm a big guy...6'4" a little over 300 lbs. With the original shock, the BR bottomed out very easily. Klaus set the new shock up for my weight......though I tried, I could not get the new shock to bottom out. This was the only issue I had with the BR....now that is solved. Happy, happy happy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next