Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Bitubo H0087-WZE02
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 pm 
hal9000 wrote:
Let me start by saying how great SIP Scootershop was with my order. They had the shock listed as "available at short notice". This turned out to be about a week. When it was in stock they sent an email saying staff member (Persons Name) is picking your order. They sent more emails for each step as the order was processed right out the door. From Germany to my door in 4 days! Paid $312.00 shipped to NY.
As of now there seems to be some confusion as to the model/features/color of this shock. According to the Bitubo page and what I have physically in front of me here's what i got.
Model H0087-WZE02
HO= Honda
087=Vehicle type
W=36 Shock Body
Z=Rear Monoshock Scooter
E=Adjustments Spring Preload and Rebound
02=Black Spring(01 would be red)

Length measures in at 403mm center to center.
Spring Length(unsprung) is 260mm. So if somebody wants to swap out the spring for some reason then that's the length to shoot for.
This first post is just to show some pics...so you all know what you're getting if you order a Bitubo H0087-WZE02. I'll be doing the install this weekend. I'll post more pics and installation/weather permitting a short ride report. It's going to have to be pretty bad outside for me not to give it a try!!

Box from inside SIP shipping box.

What's in the box?

Preload adjustment on top along with gas valve..top mount measures in at 10mm

Rebound adjustment on bottom..seems simple...slide from soft 1----->hard 5...there's no clicking..just a smooth glide.

Just wanted to say thanks , great find . I've had it on for a week or so now and can't say enough good things about it . I was ready to throw in the towel and buy the Ohlins . I ordered another one for my son's but it hasn't come in yet . When he rode mine he said it felt like a different scooter . You saved us all a lot of money so thanks again . :banger:

TheReaper!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 am 
TheReaper! wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks , great find . I've had it on for a week or so now and can't say enough good things about it . I was ready to throw in the towel and buy the Ohlins . I ordered another one for my son's but it hasn't come in yet . When he rode mine he said it felt like a different scooter . You saved us all a lot of money so thanks again . :banger:

TheReaper!

You're welcome Reaper :D . I'm really glad this is working out for a lot of us!

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 am 
We've had a rainy week end here but late Sunday afternoon we had a few hours were the clouds parted a bit . I looked at the satellite view and saw that there was some rain but none in my area . I decided to head out and test the Bitibo out on the twisties and turns to see if the rear wheel would hold to the pavement . I was out for nearly two hours and pushed the rear shock as hard as I could . No matter how hard and fast I went into and came out of a turn , the Bitubo held the rear wheel on the pavement . This was not the case with the stock Honda shock , I found that out the hard way . A few months ago a took a right hand turn a little faster than normal , OK a lot faster than normal with a nice lean and nearly lost the rear wheel . It felt as thought the rear wheel were bouncing , but what was really happening is the rear wheel was losing it's grip on the road . I knew instinctively what was happening and let off the gas as I brought the BR up right as quick as I could . I did not go down but I came close .

Bottom line is the Bitubo passed my test with flying colors , no more bottoming out and the rear wheel stays on the ground . I give this mod an A+ .

TheReaper!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 pm 
Anybody else get stuck with a $13 customs bill from FedEx after the fact? I just got it in the mail, I figured that was something that SIP could cover as part of the cost.

Also, in another in a long line of "I should have checked Amazon first" moments, I let the local Fastenal store order the M10 1.25x50mm bolt for me...and two weeks later a M8 1.5x55mm bolt arrives at the store. Good thing I didn't pay for it, and I gave the sales clerk that special type of "are you an idiot" laugh when he asked if I'd like him to re-order it. I checked Amazon instead, and while ~$8 shipped is a bit ridiculous for one bolt, it beats trying to save another $2 from Fastenal just to wait a month to get the right part (if even then).

I haven't ridden it extensively with the stock bolt on but I did take it around the block, I immediately noticed less bounce / more squishy than before, but I didn't push it.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm 
jimmybuffett wrote:
Anybody else get stuck with a $13 customs bill from FedEx after the fact? I just got it in the mail, I figured that was something that SIP could cover as part of the cost.

Also, in another in a long line of "I should have checked Amazon first" moments, I let the local Fastenal store order the M10 1.25x50mm bolt for me...and two weeks later a M8 1.5x55mm bolt arrives at the store. Good thing I didn't pay for it, and I gave the sales clerk that special type of "are you an idiot" laugh when he asked if I'd like him to re-order it. I checked Amazon instead, and while ~$8 shipped is a bit ridiculous for one bolt, it beats trying to save another $2 from Fastenal just to wait a month to get the right part (if even then).

I haven't ridden it extensively with the stock bolt on but I did take it around the block, I immediately noticed less bounce / more squishy than before, but I didn't push it.

I got the same fedex bill and paid it that day , I also got about the same amount on my mastercard . So much for free trade ?

I've had the second shock on order for over a month now and so far ZIP ZERO ! They must have been deluged with orders from this site .

This could take a while ?

TheReaper!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:36 pm 
I ordered mine in late March, they didn't ship it for 5 weeks. They'll contact you before they ship, asking if you want them to ship it (duh?). Pretty sure we slammed them good, yeah...

Litter Vigilante
Litter Vigilante
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 am 
If your fork tubes are sticking in the triple clamp could have a slight bend near the
bottom of the clamp. When I pulled mine from the wrecked one the bend was NOT
noticable while it was in the clamp. Once I wrestled it out by rotating it in the clamp
I could see the tip was bent ever so slightly. The other side was fine. I had the top
tube replaced and it fine now.
The secret is to rotate the tube back and forth as you pull down.

HiTechRedneck wrote:
Warney wrote:
Old BMW MC trick...go to the next heavier weight of fork oil to stiffen the front fork response. Problem is, I don't think Honda put in a drain on the lower legs of the fork. Hal, you are welcome to be the lead man on the front forks. :lol:

Yeah, you have to use a press to get the forks apart to replace the oil. JimT gave us all the run down a couple of years ago when prepping his BR for the Cannonball. He too went to stiffer fork oil. And I'm hoping to get mine changed out in a couple of weeks...just gotta find someone close with a press.

Buy something: http://www.cafepress.com/TotalRuckus

viewtopic.php?t=1305

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:34 pm 
TheReaper! wrote:
jimmybuffett wrote:

I've had the second shock on order for over a month now and so far ZIP ZERO ! They must have been deluged with orders from this site .

TheReaper!

I received a FedEx customs bill after getting the shock but the amount was $0.00.
I ordered an item towards the end of April. A week later got an email saying it was on backorder. A month later(today) got an email saying "item is out of production".."sorry"...kind of crappy that it took a month for them to find that out.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:57 am 
hal9000 wrote:
TheReaper! wrote:
jimmybuffett wrote:

TheReaper!

I received a FedEx customs bill after getting the shock but the amount was $0.00.
I ordered an item towards the end of April. A week later got an email saying it was on backorder. A month later(today) got an email saying "item is out of production".."sorry"...kind of crappy that it took a month for them to find that out.

So now what $700 for an Ohlins ? :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

TheReaper!

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:59 am 
Maybe Ohlins bought them out!

Ben

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm 
Reaper...I hope you didn't think I was talking about the Bitubo being out of production...I was talking about another item I ordered from them...it's just that my order was handled by SIP sort of the same way as some TR members Bitubo orders...nothing for about a month...even though they canceled my order they still have my Paypal locked up with a pending payment and have yet to responded to my request to remove it....

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:55 pm 
hal9000 wrote:
Reaper...I hope you didn't think I was talking about the Bitubo being out of production...I was talking about another item I ordered from them...it's just that my order was handled by SIP sort of the same way as some TR members Bitubo orders...nothing for about a month...even though they canceled my order they still have my Paypal locked up with a pending payment and have yet to responded to my request to remove it....

Yeah I did think that , I thought OH SHIT ! NOW WHAT ? I've never driven a BR with an Ohlins , but I can't see it being any better than the Bitubo . I've had the Bitubo on my BR now for a few weeks and I absolutely love it . I ordered one for my son's right after I put mine on and saw it was OK . But haven't heard a word since I ordered it .

TheReaper!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:04 am 

So now what $700 for an Ohlins ? :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

TheReaper![/quote][/quote][/quote]

Between the Dollar/Euro exchange rate and the $13 post-sale customs fee, there is $58 difference in price between the Ohlins and the Bitubo. Chump change :lol:

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:39 am 
I got an email this morning (finally :pissed: ) saying they had my second order ready to go . My son will be happy :D .

By the way if any was is interested , I've put several miles on the Bitubo and really pushed it . I give this shock and A+ grade .

Many thanks to hal9000 .

TheReaper!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 pm 
Mine is shipping too. Quick question on the bolt size/shape - knowing it is an M10-1.25x50mm is it a flange bolt with partial threads, or complete threads head to end?
Spud

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next