Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Bitubo H0087-WZE02
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 pm 
I got #2 today (6/10/10) UPS , last one was FEDEX . My son will be very happy , but now I have to install the shock and the jcosta for him .

TheReaper!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 pm 
I received and installed the shock today. Great service from Martin S at SIP Scootershop. Went for a quick ride following adjustment. I set the preload sag to 10mm and the rebound at 1 at first. As I have a drainage and driveway curb to cross I found it much better but still too soft. I put in a little more preload and rebound. My final adjustment is at 8mm and rebound at 2. I'll go for a longer ride with bridge decks and expansion joints and report on the final adjustment. So far the adjustment makes it possible to ride almost to the edge of the tires without dragging the centre stand (1 up). The additional preload is a big improvement.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject: Re: Bitubo H0087-WZE02 HOW TO ORDER ONLINE?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:07 pm 
So, how did you guys get to order these from S.I.P.? I tried today to order two shocks and the first order was flagged by my credit card company as apparent fraud and canceled. When I contacted the card company and told them to let the charge go through and they said it was authorized, it wasn't. No order on file. I tried again and the S.I.P. order page was stuck on "We will transfer you to the bank that issued your card where you can log in using the according authentication data. As soon as the authentication has been verified you will be transferred back to finish your order." That screen just froze and said in some language "Payment failed." Maybe Martin S. at S.I.P. Scooters can tell me how to successfully order.

UPDATE: With my credit card representative on the line, my third order try of the day, went through! Yipeee!

Randy Pozzi

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:20 pm 
OK, just got back this weekend from a 2500 mile trip (chicago, nashville, huntsville, atlanta, asheville, cinci, home).

Four weeks prior I ordered the Bitubo from SIP to ensure best comfort / handling. Unfortunately, it was back ordered. During the trip they sent an email saying its ready, but shipping was now EUR 80 instead of EUR 20 due to two other items increasing the weight (side stand and floor mat for wifes vespa) and asked if I still wanted to process order. I declined not only because of additional cost, but I was having a good ride with the original shock. I found it pliant, comfortable and satisfactorily stable.

I'm 180 and have had it bottom out with a passenger, but riding solo I've no complaints. If the exchange rate keeps dropping or one of the new options BRed is investigating looks good then maybe I'll still upgrade. But not without wondering what the big deal is all about.

CANADIUS MAXIMUS
CANADIUS MAXIMUS
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 pm 
scooterman wrote:
...maybe I'll still upgrade. But not without wondering what the big deal is all about.

Ride the same trip with the Ohlins,....& you'll understand "what the big deal is all about"..... :wink:

2005 BIGUS Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41664

....ya....thats right...."PS-600".....bite me

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm 
scooterman wrote:
... I declined not only because of additional cost, but I was having a good ride with the original shock. I found it pliant, comfortable and satisfactorily stable...I'm 180 and have had it bottom out with a passenger, but riding solo I've no complaints. If the exchange rate keeps dropping or one of the new options BRed is investigating looks good then maybe I'll still upgrade. But not without wondering what the big deal is all about.

I ordered two of the Bitubos for my Big Ruckii. I don't even want to try using my Ruckii with the stock shocks. If they are as inferior as the Honda Helix shocks, they need to come off right away. I also wrote a Tech Tip in the CH250 Yahoo Group regarding converting the Honda CB350 shock to replace the inferior Honda CH250 shocks which bottom out and are sloppy with one passenger and down right unsafe with two. If you see what an improvement those shocks do for the CH250, then the Bitubos are the thing to do for the Ruckus.

My Bitubos were shipped today. I'll report back when they are installed.

Randy Pozzi

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:02 pm 
Got my Bitubo H0087-WZE02 Yesterday, installed it and adjusted the spring a little. Still have to take it out for a ride to see how it feels, but the old stock shock had a compression of an inch (about 25mm) just from on the centerstand to off the center stand, with nothing on the scoot. The Bitubo had a difference of 7/16 of an inch or 11mm right out of the box. So this alone is much better that the old shock. Since I tend to ride 2 up on the B-Ruck more than the other scoots, I went ahead and adjusted the spring preload 5 turns (turn being about 5/8 around the shock, as the wrench only gets that much of a bite due to other parts getting in the way.) This should make it a bit stiffer for when I have someone on the back and yet not too bad when I am on her alone. :banger:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 pm 
My Bitubos arrived today. Three days international shipping. Fastest damned shipping over the pond I have ever seen!

Randy Pozzi

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:47 pm 
I am (for now) finished with adjustments on for one up riding. The preload sag is set at 7mm ( I weigh in at 185 lbs) with the rebound damping at about 2. This is soft enough for comfort and reduced seat back slap on dips and largish bumps but still allows very close to edge of the tire handling (on smooth corners). Prior to this I questioned whether or not I could do a long ride (>650km). Now I believe the comfort and handling make it possible.
Brief 2 up rides show a marked improvement with virtually no bottoming but I think about 1 to 1.5 turns of the preload may be necessary for 2 up distance rides.
In other news I emailed Hyperpro springs to see if they have anything prewound for the front. They don't have springs designed but will wind custom springs if proper data can be supplied. I have a local shop here that can do the same. This winter I may tackle the forks as well.
Spud

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:15 pm 
I installed the Bitubos today. Yes, the 40mm bolt that holds the bottom clevis from the original shock is too short. I went to my local hardware store and bought the next bigger size, which was 56.86mm along with a nut for the backside to protect the threads. Worked like a charm. Net hardware cost for two shock installs: $7.15.

Randy Pozzi

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:12 am 
In case anyone is still interested, I ordered the shock from SIP last week, and it arrived yesterday. So it appears they found more stock. When you compare the quality of the stock shock vs. the Bitubo, it's almost like the stock shock was made in a high-school metal shop. Anyway, there might still be more for sale.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 am 

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 pm 
why did hal remove all of his posts on this?

shock no good? :meh:

n00bie

Years on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:03 am 
Hey all, this is my first post. Yep, I'm a nube. Have a 2006 Big Ruckus that I bought out of Texas and had shipped up north. The stock shock is doing me in! I have been reading up on the Bitubo and Ohlin shocks. Sounds like the Ohlins are ? the preferred choice if we were all loaded$. But the Bitubo seems like a very good, frugal? choice, comparing price too price, my inquiry is, is the Bitubo worth the savings and performance? or does a guy have to break the bank for an Ohlins? I have read in here some have had negative comments about Ohlins customer support. Any feed back would be great, thank you, Glenn form the Great White North,(Calgary)

CANADIUS MAXIMUS
CANADIUS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 am 
First off , fellow Canuk .....

Ok , I've only owned the Ohlins , not either of the other two.
From what I gather from what I call a reputable opinion of my friend BRed, the other two ARE a significant improvement over the stock shock , but the Ohlins IS better , and I can tell you from MY Ohlins , it was worth every penny , and ya never go wrong if you stick to the idea "you usually get what you pay for".....I will definitely be going Ohlins for the wife's freshly rebuilt BR , and a pair for the back of my BR.

:canuck:

2005 BIGUS Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41664

....ya....thats right...."PS-600".....bite me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next