Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: DIY OEM Rear Wheel Hub cut-out for "FATTY"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm 
Okay you all fatty lovers who are wisely-stingy enough not to spend as much as I did :lol: here's a thought on your project since this hubs are getting a bit challenging to purchase. See these Sym/Kymco rear hubs are not being used for current production any longer so the demand is low therefore stock also follows. I'm in the wait to see if Kymco have their version of this hub on the their shelves then I will share the part # but for now my version for those who are using the ITP ATV Steel Wheel 10x8 @ 3+5et 4/140 will be to make use of the OEM Rear Wheel as a hub. No pics as I am not doing this route but here's the proposed steps. Probably someone can pose pictures later.

Cut-out the hub from the OEM wheel. You can then clean up the cut by grinding it just make sure to mark around it to determine where you can weld up a new mounting plate or directly have the ITP wheel welded on it and just plug the existing holes. Remember this route will cost a bit more than just simply getting a hub but if you know someone this will probably be worth your time and effort. I say if you can cut it out clean and just bring the wheel and hub to a shop, they might do it cheap for you. You can then just grind off the weld or polish it out by a Dremel. Now if you're using other type of wheels then creating a new mounting plate will be the better route.

Anyone else have a better idea? Good luck!!!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject: Re: DIY OEM Rear Wheel Hub cut-out for "FATTY"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 pm 
So whats the Update on everything down in your parts??

RIP past rides
2004 NPS50S Ruckus
2004 CHF50 MetRuckus
2003 NPS503 Ruckus
2009 YW125B Zuma 125 Black
2009 YW125Y Zuma 125 Yellow

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 pm 
Forgot to get the card from the camera and bro-in-law took it on his vacation. Will have to wait till comes back. :lol:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:31 am 
GotScoot? wrote:
Okay you all fatty lovers who are wisely-stingy enough not to spend as much as I did :lol: here's a thought on your project since this hubs are getting a bit challenging to purchase. See these Sym/Kymco rear hubs are not being used for current production any longer so the demand is low therefore stock also follows. I'm in the wait to see if Kymco have their version of this hub on the their shelves then I will share the part # but for now my version for those who are using the ITP ATV Steel Wheel 10x8 @ 3+5et 4/140 will be to make use of the OEM Rear Wheel as a hub. No pics as I am not doing this route but here's the proposed steps. Probably someone can pose pictures later.

Cut-out the hub from the OEM wheel. You can then clean up the cut by grinding it just make sure to mark around it to determine where you can weld up a new mounting plate or directly have the ITP wheel welded on it and just plug the existing holes. Remember this route will cost a bit more than just simply getting a hub but if you know someone this will probably be worth your time and effort. I say if you can cut it out clean and just bring the wheel and hub to a shop, they might do it cheap for you. You can then just grind off the weld or polish it out by a Dremel. Now if you're using other type of wheels then creating a new mounting plate will be the better route.

Anyone else have a better idea? Good luck!!!

Something like what ATR did for Chris' Met:

More info on it viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26764

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:25 pm 
like this Image

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not viewtopic.php?f=92&t=40592

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:05 am 
roosterboyfred wrote:
like this Image

Not really, cause yours is not cut from a rear oem wheel. But glad to see your project is coming a long.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:43 pm 
phuker wrote:
roosterboyfred wrote:
like this Image

Not really, cause yours is not cut from a rear oem wheel. But glad to see your project is coming a long.

this is an OEM spline cut out from a stock OEM Chinese scooter rear wheel.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not viewtopic.php?f=92&t=40592