Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: GY6 wiring: what wire does what? here is your answer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 pm 
So my GY6 swap is great, minus the fact that my battery want charge and my headlights are dull. So I understand this is my AC current. Does anyone have the ATR wiring harness,I do and I cant get the guys from standard function to answer the phone. I hope yall might have the answer. thanks

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:28 pm 
This write up is great, and got my swap turning.

Thank you, the scoot runs now

I also got to go thank double on his write up

I Guess Its A Build Thread

One of Us
One of Us

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 pm 
nice write up.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Yet another gy6 wiring question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 am 
Apologies in advance for posting yet another gy6 wiring question thread. I have spent the past week searching thru all the great post here and have read the 2 wiring stickies but cant seem to quite grasp what i need to begin wiring my new gy6. I am not finding any cdi modules, regulators or engine wiring diagrams that corespond to my engine.

On a side note all the pic links above my post in this thread are dead .

Here is a pic of my engine and the some total of the wiring. I understand the electic choke and I know the large redwire with the lug soldered on the end coming from the starter goes to the solenoid.

The only other wires are the for coming out of the statorcover/fan shroud. Three of them , green, white and yellow which are in the 4 position moled plug are coming out of the stator (I assume) mounted on the crankcase inside/behind the flywheel. This 4 prong plug , of which only 3 are used, plugs into the electronics module.

The fourth, a blue wire with a bullet connector runs from a sensor on the outside of the flywheel which I assume is a hall effects sensor or some type of trigger for ignition timing.

Thanks for any help. I hope this isnt lost now that its been moved over as a post in a sticky

Last edited by panaceabeachbum on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

One of Us
One of Us

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 am 
searched " gy6 wiring " in the shitty TR search and found this on the first page.

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=57574

you seen it yet? needs a little update for the 6 and 8 pole stator but will help you alot still.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=45383

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject: Need pin out for 4 wire cdi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 am 
Does anyone have the pinout for this 4 wire CDI ?

http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_i ... s_id/13009

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject: wiring my gy6 swap tomorrow...any helpful hints?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:20 pm 
Finally getting the balls to wire my own g6 swap. Anything helpful or useful that I should know about before diving head first into this mess?

My Build. Storm Troopin
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=70980&p=1229436#p1229436

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:40 pm 
This post should probably be labled , ask your questions here, not get your answer here to be more effective.

The other sticky on wiring has a nice schematic , although it doesnt cover the CDI included with either of the GY6 I have bought thru ebay this year it does cover all the basics.

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Battery not charging with 11 pole setup!!! HELP!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:59 am 
Hello everyone ive held off posting for some time now because i taught i can figure it out myself. It seems that no matter what i do it wont charge the battery. So i any Guru can help that would great!
Here is the setup

Rectifier wires:
3 yellow = stator
red = charging battery? 14~16V idle
white = ? 10~20+ v as the revs go higher
green = ground

Battery:
New Lith Ion cell battery. fresh.

Setup:
Right now i have the headlight 1 35w (2.2amp) 12v headlight hooked up to battery (12v DC) via ignition switched.

Idle:
When the headlight is off I can see the battery charging slowly like .01v per 10 sec on idle. When i switch the headlights, the battery starts to drop a lot from 13v down the 12.80v and dropping during idle. When i shut off the headlight, the battery jumps back upto 13.04 and starts to charge again.

Rev:
When i rev the bike the battery is still dropping voltage with the headlight on, Slowly drops voltage like it did when it was idling . When the headlight is off the battery is slowly charging and doesn't climb fast enough as the rev go higher. just a consistent climb back up.

Riding:
Did about an hour riding and the battery started to drop lower than 13v. It just keeps on dropping and dropping. When i shut off the headlight it starts to charge again but slowly and doesn't jump back up (1.00V over idle voltage) like it should.

Question:

1. What does that white wire do on the rectifier? Autochoke?
2. Can hook up the red wire off the rectifier and just wire it directly to (+) side of the battery with a 15 amp fuse? (the harness already has one but its not charging so im looking to bypass that one)

Any help would be great, I tried to get as detailed as i can.

Thanks
JD

=> losgarage blog <=

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Battery not charging with 11 pole setup!!! HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 pm 
jdmoto wrote:
Hello everyone ive held off posting for some time now because i taught i can figure it out myself. It seems that no matter what i do it wont charge the battery. So i any Guru can help that would great!
Here is the setup

Rectifier wires:
3 yellow = stator
red = charging battery? 14~16V idle
white = ? 10~20+ v as the revs go higher
green = ground

Battery:
New Lith Ion cell battery. fresh.

Setup:
Right now i have the headlight 1 35w (2.2amp) 12v headlight hooked up to battery (12v DC) via ignition switched.

Idle:
When the headlight is off I can see the battery charging slowly like .01v per 10 sec on idle. When i switch the headlights, the battery starts to drop a lot from 13v down the 12.80v and dropping during idle. When i shut off the headlight, the battery jumps back upto 13.04 and starts to charge again.

Rev:
When i rev the bike the battery is still dropping voltage with the headlight on, Slowly drops voltage like it did when it was idling . When the headlight is off the battery is slowly charging and doesn't climb fast enough as the rev go higher. just a consistent climb back up.

Riding:
Did about an hour riding and the battery started to drop lower than 13v. It just keeps on dropping and dropping. When i shut off the headlight it starts to charge again but slowly and doesn't jump back up (1.00V over idle voltage) like it should.

Question:

1. What does that white wire do on the rectifier? Autochoke?
2. Can hook up the red wire off the rectifier and just wire it directly to (+) side of the battery with a 15 amp fuse? (the harness already has one but its not charging so im looking to bypass that one)

Any help would be great, I tried to get as detailed as i can.

Thanks
JD

NVM. i guess i was right and i solved it myself.

=> losgarage blog <=

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:16 pm 
yeah that white wire should go to your auto choke and the red wire is the dc charging which like you said, needs to go to the battery to charge the system.

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:21 pm 
This thread is useless if the links to the pics on page one dont work. I coulda used em too. :wc_flag:

2013 Ruckus GET 50

n00bie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:03 pm 
bluesmokeracing wrote:
Ok, red here if you are trying to figure out what does what on your scooter, most jap/taiwan/china scooters are like this, and usually the same colors.
STATOR WIRING: you normally have 5 wires coming off the stator:(stole some pics from throughtheroof!)
stator wiring:

rectifier on the bottom of pic, stator wiring connector on top:

first step! remove the big goofy fuse box on the original ruckus harness and costruct a new one from some ring terminals, you need one or two smaller wires with fuses, and a large wire for the starter solenoid. make a new ground wire while you are at it, from the battery to the front frame section.

GREEN: ground. ground it to grounds, duh.also hook it to the chassis, negative battery terminal, theengine, etc.. as far as grounds are concerned, usually i hook a big ground from the starter or valve cover or both, run it to the frame where the fuel pump is, also use the ground wires that are normally wired in, and make a junction up front somewhere, and add a large ground from the battery to the chassis up front, and tie the junction into it. make sure the wiring is sufficient size and is connected good, you will be chasing your tail if this does not get done properly!

WHITE: AC charging system wire, connect it directly to the rectifier(little square box with ridges on it, has red,white,yellow,and green wires coming out of it) usually in the 4-pin connector on the stator wiring

YELLOW: AC charging system wiring, connect it to the rectifier, and also to the headlight power(to the hi/lo switch-ruckus stock controls is black/brown wire on left control, 9 pin connector) taillight(not brake light) and the autochoke. the lights on gy6 scooters run AC current, not your standard DC current that most people are accustomed to. usually in the 4-pin connector on the stator wiring

BLACK/RED STRIPE: this wire charges the CDI(capacitive discharge ignition, it has a capacitor in it that gets charged by a coil in the stator) you usually use this wire to kill the engine, and it goes from the stator to the cdi, i usually wire the kill switch inline with this wire, and when flipped open, the kill switch interrupts the ignition. will be in a seperate bullet connector on the stator wiring

BLUE/YELLOW STRIPE: this wire is the hall sensor that triggers the CDI to produce a spark. it gets wired to the CDI. wire may also be white with a yellow stripe or white with a red stripe, will be in a seperate bullet connector on the stator

CDI WIRING: you will have 5 wires from the CDI(maybe 6, but hook up the ones here, and your bike will run.)

GREEN(maybe black): ground, ground it, duh.

BLACK/RED STRIPE: to the CDI, see the explanation above.

BLUE/YELLOW STRIPE: to the CDI.

BLACK/WHITE STRIPE: power to the ignition coil, connect to coil + terminal

COIL:

BLACK/WHITE STRIPE: + lead, to the CDI

GREEN: ground. may be black wire.

RECTIFIER: 4 wires on a typical rectifier.

GREEN: ground.

WHITE: to stator

YELLOW: to stator

RED: put a fuse inline, then hook to the battery. this is DC power(charging wire) one lead is going to go to the ignition witch as well, for all the DC components power(brake light, horn, starter relay)

AUTOCHOKE: yellow wire from stator, and ground. uses AC current

if you want to test it now, the bike should have spark with the kill switch in one position or the other, usually in the off position, take the spark plug out and kick it over. you will of course need fuel also to make the engine run, i recommend using a vacuum fuel pump, as it doesnt need battery power to make it work. just make sure to mount the vacuum pump under the fuel level, as they dont like to suck fuel uphill, but will pump uphill fine.

next installment: DC power components including electric starter, blinkers, horn, brake lights..

i just bought a gy6 motor to replace my other gy6 and mine only has 4 wires coming from the stator but my other one has five. the new engine is missing the black/red wire. any help?

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:58 pm 
ya, swap to your old stator

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:10 pm 
XANGRYSTEVEX wrote:
bluesmokeracing wrote:
Ok, red here if you are trying to figure out what does what on your scooter, most jap/taiwan/china scooters are like this, and usually the same colors.
STATOR WIRING: you normally have 5 wires coming off the stator:(stole some pics from throughtheroof!)
stator wiring:

rectifier on the bottom of pic, stator wiring connector on top:

first step! remove the big goofy fuse box on the original ruckus harness and costruct a new one from some ring terminals, you need one or two smaller wires with fuses, and a large wire for the starter solenoid. make a new ground wire while you are at it, from the battery to the front frame section.

GREEN: ground. ground it to grounds, duh.also hook it to the chassis, negative battery terminal, theengine, etc.. as far as grounds are concerned, usually i hook a big ground from the starter or valve cover or both, run it to the frame where the fuel pump is, also use the ground wires that are normally wired in, and make a junction up front somewhere, and add a large ground from the battery to the chassis up front, and tie the junction into it. make sure the wiring is sufficient size and is connected good, you will be chasing your tail if this does not get done properly!

WHITE: AC charging system wire, connect it directly to the rectifier(little square box with ridges on it, has red,white,yellow,and green wires coming out of it) usually in the 4-pin connector on the stator wiring

YELLOW: AC charging system wiring, connect it to the rectifier, and also to the headlight power(to the hi/lo switch-ruckus stock controls is black/brown wire on left control, 9 pin connector) taillight(not brake light) and the autochoke. the lights on gy6 scooters run AC current, not your standard DC current that most people are accustomed to. usually in the 4-pin connector on the stator wiring

BLACK/RED STRIPE: this wire charges the CDI(capacitive discharge ignition, it has a capacitor in it that gets charged by a coil in the stator) you usually use this wire to kill the engine, and it goes from the stator to the cdi, i usually wire the kill switch inline with this wire, and when flipped open, the kill switch interrupts the ignition. will be in a seperate bullet connector on the stator wiring

BLUE/YELLOW STRIPE: this wire is the hall sensor that triggers the CDI to produce a spark. it gets wired to the CDI. wire may also be white with a yellow stripe or white with a red stripe, will be in a seperate bullet connector on the stator

CDI WIRING: you will have 5 wires from the CDI(maybe 6, but hook up the ones here, and your bike will run.)

GREEN(maybe black): ground, ground it, duh.

BLACK/RED STRIPE: to the CDI, see the explanation above.

BLUE/YELLOW STRIPE: to the CDI.

BLACK/WHITE STRIPE: power to the ignition coil, connect to coil + terminal

COIL:

BLACK/WHITE STRIPE: + lead, to the CDI

GREEN: ground. may be black wire.

RECTIFIER: 4 wires on a typical rectifier.

GREEN: ground.

WHITE: to stator

YELLOW: to stator

RED: put a fuse inline, then hook to the battery. this is DC power(charging wire) one lead is going to go to the ignition witch as well, for all the DC components power(brake light, horn, starter relay)

AUTOCHOKE: yellow wire from stator, and ground. uses AC current

if you want to test it now, the bike should have spark with the kill switch in one position or the other, usually in the off position, take the spark plug out and kick it over. you will of course need fuel also to make the engine run, i recommend using a vacuum fuel pump, as it doesnt need battery power to make it work. just make sure to mount the vacuum pump under the fuel level, as they dont like to suck fuel uphill, but will pump uphill fine.

next installment: DC power components including electric starter, blinkers, horn, brake lights..

i just bought a gy6 motor to replace my other gy6 and mine only has 4 wires coming from the stator but my other one has five. the new engine is missing the black/red wire. any help?

Thanks. Nice pics. :ucrazy:

2013 Ruckus GET 50

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next