Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: GY6 wiring: what wire does what? here is your answer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:29 am 
The 4-pin connector is two switches, two of the wires are for the kill switch, two are for the start button. if you are using the start button to control ground, wire one side to ground. if you are using it to control power, power one side and use the other side to control the load(the start relay)

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:06 am 
ok so this is how i wired it. its not cranking over. tell me if im doing something wrong.. i think i might have the blk/red wired wrong

4pin connector
black/white ---to yellow/red off the starter solenoid
black/red -----brake light+ green/yellow
yellow/green--ground
green/yellow--ground

my :LR: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32437 :LR:

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:54 pm 
black/red and black/white are for the kill switch. the green/yellow and yellow/green are for the starter button. i bet your bike would spin over if you turned on the key, held in the brake and flipped the kill switch. wire the starter wires to the yellow/green and green/yellow wires, and use the black with stripes for the kill switch wiring.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:41 pm 
here is a link to a wiring diagram:
http://www.scootusa.com/wiring_diagram_ ... with_4.htm

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 pm 
Where do these wires go?

From the starter

Do they go here?

And another Question. Do I have to splice into the fuse box for ANY reason?

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 pm 
See? :pissed: I go thru all this trouble to write this down, blatantly steal pics from another user, and I get questions asking about what is written in the first paragraph of this thread! PLEASE READ AND FAMILIARiZE YOURSELF WITH THE COMPONENTS YOU ARE USING! I am of course busting your balls, but please re-read this thread. If I hadn't figured this out myself, mine would not have been running two years ago! 10 points to the first noob with under 20 posts that can explain where your stator(not starter) wires go. I've been saving this, enjoy!

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 pm 
oh ya, I edited the pic caption to show the actual connector for the stator.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:43 am 
lol, somebody didn't do ANY research before starting his swap. :ucrazy:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:17 am 
so what parts do u keep from the ruckus, and does anyone have a color coded diagram?

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:58 pm 
ckfishdive wrote:
so what parts do u keep from the ruckus, and does anyone have a color coded diagram?

I usually only keep the hand controls and the connectors for the lights and ignition switch..

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 pm 
I have a question regarding the aftermark wiring harness that are available for the GY6 motors.

1. Is the GY6 harness universal for the longcase engine or does each model have its own variation.

2. Does the aftermarket harness have the hand controls and ignition and such.

Might be a dumb question but thought I would throw it out there havent really seen much regarding this in the forums.

Thanks,
blorge

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 pm 
In the GY6 How-To by throughtheroof concerning the coil. He splices the ruckus harness wires into the GY6's harness, connecting all four wires together.

Could someone please explain the reasoning, purpose or cause and effect for this?

Why not only connect the gy6 coil wires to the coil and be done with it?

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:02 am 
are there any more diagrams?

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:27 pm 
ckfishdive wrote:
are there any more diagrams?

wiring diagrams aren't exactly universal. your best bet is to get the wiring schematic specific to your donor, and a ruckus schematic. its just like a 3d jigsaw puzzle, only a little more complicated because it has to conduct electricity thru it :D most everything is the same as it would be betwen the donor adn any other scooter out there, the ruckus is really the strangely wired one. throughthe roof is using all the extra wires in order to use the factory electric fuel pump. I need to do a little more research on the factory pump to see what kind of signal it is given, its probably easily simulated, I just havent seen a stock ruckus that wasnt a customers in 2 years!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:45 pm 
I like what TypeR #126 had to say about http://www.easternbeaver.com, they look like they have a pretty sweet fuse box that would work nicely for a GY6 swap, and a hell of a lot of other cool shit that might help in swaps. Has anyone else used these?
- comes with an assortment of 8 ATM fuses, one for each output circuit
- 2 unswitched circuits, 6 switched circuits, 8 ground outputs

With the Power,ground, and Battery connected

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next