Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
 Post subject: harness........decisions decisions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 pm 
so I gots a gy6 ruck...came with the Dan Max Spaghetti Monster harness.....I really don't like that fucking birds nest in my battery box....and trying to figure out whats what there and how to clean it up! I'm thinking of just going back to the stock ECU and harness and modding it as necessary to run my 60MM big bore...Id like to run the elec. fuel pump as well as I'm not so sure about the Mikuni DF-44 in terms of longevity of vacuum pumps. etc or should I go with say an Araiguma harness or any one of the others out there, I have the 11 pole stator and 7 pin rectifier and have a Banjing CDI/Coil combo i wish to use as well.......any suggestions here on what or how I might do/go with

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: harness........decisions decisions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 am 
Try to get in contact with James Goff of Araiguma racing in California. He makes in my opinion the best swap harness available. It uses the stock ecu and rectifier, stock electric fuel pump and all stock Ruckus connections under the battery box. The harness installs in 20-30 minutes.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 pm 
james goff araiguma harness or even the rucksters one if its available

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 am 
shiba999 wrote:
Try to get in contact with James Goff of Araiguma racing in California. He makes in my opinion the best swap harness available. It uses the stock ecu and rectifier, stock electric fuel pump and all stock Ruckus connections under the battery box. The harness installs in 20-30 minutes.

thanks and also to matRucks as well, Ive reached out to Mr Goff and he will be receiving my doner harness in the next few days.....

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 pm 
Man... I don't know about those harnesses that use the stock ECU and pump and stuff. It seems like I read the trouble people have with them and there isn't alot of help to debug them. The Dan Maxx or ATR is so simple, and it seems like everyone has one, there is help all around. I was just reading about a guy who got a rucksters harness and now can't get in touch with rucksters. Might be a temp thing.

All harnesses require a little TLC (shortening lines, etc) to make them fit all nice and stuff. The Dan Maxx and ATR are so simple it's easy to figure out what's going on.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 pm 
lilpinny wrote:
Man... I don't know about those harnesses that use the stock ECU and pump and stuff. It seems like I read the trouble people have with them and there isn't alot of help to debug them. The Dan Maxx or ATR is so simple, and it seems like everyone has one, there is help all around. I was just reading about a guy who got a rucksters harness and now can't get in touch with rucksters. Might be a temp thing.

All harnesses require a little TLC (shortening lines, etc) to make them fit all nice and stuff. The Dan Maxx and ATR are so simple it's easy to figure out what's going on.

only trouble is when it comes to wiring I'm all thumbs! really don't care for it or doing it was that way when I used to build race cars as a kid as well loved every part but the
electrical and they only had "one wire" alternators and Id still manage to eff it up some how!.....guess thats why I got into the union sheet metal trade....could have became an
electrician as my dads brother was a union electrical contractor then....but I passed on that.....PnP is pretty much the only way for me to go on wiring.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 am 
Maybe think about the Dan Maxx from Drow where they pre-wire the left hand block and start/kill switches for you. It's a little more spendy but it's all there. And you have a wealth of information you can draw from if something goes south. Drow ain't going out of business.

That's what I use.

Get rid of that ECU! Can't debug it.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet