Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
 Post subject: Help me build my Ruck GY6 swap
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:08 am 
im looking for a cheap new gy6 motor. i dont care about the rest. i dont want an extreme fatty tire but dont want a skinny either. its going to be running efi with the ecotrons kit. http://www.ecotrons.com/products/small_ ... ction_kit/ what do i need to do before i start and what all do i need to do the swap

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Help me build my Ruck GY6 swap
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:03 pm 
What you need to do is use the search feature, cause tons and tons of post have gone over this same topic exactly.. not trying to be a dick, but if you don't read and learn you'll be in for a clusterfuck the further you go... trust me... I've been there, so has everyone else.. searching and searching is the only solution.. Everyone's setup is slightly different, and there is no "one way", or "right way".
Rant done.

Just order a gy6 from a vendor such as theruckshop or Drowsports and start building... Get a mount, exhaust, and rear rim and you'll be rolling in no time..

Ruck-U, Minnesota Chapter
HRGC Racing
Instagram: greyduckcustoms
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=84764&p=1454401#p1454401

Duckwing and keygaurd guy

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 pm 
greyduck wrote:
What you need to do is use the search feature, cause tons and tons of post have gone over this same topic exactly.. not trying to be a dick, but if you don't read and learn you'll be in for a clusterfuck the further you go... trust me... I've been there, so has everyone else.. searching and searching is the only solution.. Everyone's setup is slightly different, and there is no "one way", or "right way".
Rant done.

Just order a gy6 from a vendor such as theruckshop or Drowsports and start building... Get a mount, exhaust, and rear rim and you'll be rolling in no time..

i get it and everyone says search but the search feature only gets you so far. espessally the way they set it up where it goes through everything ever said on the foroum

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:14 pm 
If you're new to this, don't start with the EFI kit. It can be a pain to get dialed in. Use that extra money elsewhere.

Z125 Crew
Builds: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=65407

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:30 pm 
try a 7'' fatty... bigger than a 6'' (not really "fat" enough imho) and smaller than an 8'' (too fat, imho).

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet