Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: <Voodoo Chicken Bone Mod> Drive Face>Shave for 1-4mph
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 am 
bump.... because I was rolling by someone who weighs 90lbs less than me yesterday, he had Polini and Polini belt, & 6gr rollers. I need to help him tune the variator.....

HueJass Build

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Drive Face>Shave for 1-4mph<KN Variator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 pm 
HI RUCKER wrote:
ok so the dio zx drive boss is already .5mm shorter than the stock ruck boss.

interesting. and it just goes right in without mods? would you have to add a washer in there somewhere?

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 am 
First let me say thanks for the info and its a great mod. I tried it and actually got a little less MPH but i suspect its due to too light of rollers and a slightly worn bando belt and not oweing to the mod. I just had one more solution on reversing or partly reversing the mod that I found to be a little easier than the ones in the 27 pages previous lol. I went to True Value / Ace and bought the largest nylon washers they had brought it home and had to make the I.D. hole a hair larger to match the boss. would reccomend a drill press here but since I didnt relize it needed to be bigger until after I got done shaving it down I just used a hobby knife. Just take the same piece of 220 grit paper you used for the mod(on a level surface of course) put the nylon washer on it and cover with a rubber sanding block and by the time you finish your beer your caliper will tell you that you've removed 1mm from the 1.5 mm washer. I installed mine between the boss and the drive face exactly where I took the .5mm from to start with. The washer doesnt mate perfectly but since I have a new belt on the way I'll have it apart again in a week and report if there is any problems. The only reason I think this maybe a more elgant answer is that it allows you to replace however much of the .5mm you want to just by sanding the nylon down a bit more or less wich on 220 paper it took like 20 min by hand to remove 1mm so a whole lot less time than steel. If the hair line gap between the drive face and the boss shows any sign of trouble I'll let you all know. you could just as easy install it behind the boss in the inset of the variator and have the same flush fit from factory just it might be a PITA to take it back out if you decide to shave it more or go back to the .5mm shaved face. The only thing to keep in mind is unless im mistaken Nylon does have some squish to it when its that thin so I made my spacer .55mm so if it squishes it will be close to the original .5mm.
Best of luck tuneing and thanks everyone for making this board such a wealth of knowledge and shared ideas. As a mechanic and avid motorcyclist for the last 6 years I have to say this is the best forum community I have seen yet!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:52 pm 
I put around 50mi on the met in the last couple days and changed my belt when it came in the mail today. No abnormal wear on the belt from the shim and the shim looks exactly the same as when I installed it!
Best of luck modding!

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am 
I did this mod yesterday and gained a little bit of top end. I have a bit of an issue, hopefully someone can chime in.

I shaved about 0.25- 0.50mm from the drive face lip- more than enough for the kick start washer and nut to go in without jacking up the splines. I had an issue after the install with the back of the variator hitting the inside of the engine case at idle. At higher RPM this doesn't occur, only occurs at idle. Anyone else have this issue?

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am 
.45 JHP wrote:
I did this mod yesterday and gained a little bit of top end. I have a bit of an issue, hopefully someone can chime in.

I shaved about 0.25- 0.50mm from the drive face lip- more than enough for the kick start washer and nut to go in without jacking up the splines. I had an issue after the install with the back of the variator hitting the inside of the engine case at idle. At higher RPM this doesn't occur, only occurs at idle. Anyone else have this issue?

9/16" machine washer in first...... doneski.

HueJass Build

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Re: Drive Face>Shave for 1-4mph
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:01 am 
natek wrote:
HI RUCKER wrote:
ok so the dio zx drive boss is already .5mm shorter than the stock ruck boss.

interesting. and it just goes right in without mods? would you have to add a washer in there somewhere?

Does anyone have a source for these? The internets are failing me. I think I've tried every honda oem dealer from here to Taipei. I can't find one that handles parts for the dio zx to save my life.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 am 
try forumshawaii

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm 
from - http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... f=3&t=9199

"For the DIO ZX drive boss, the Sym DD50 drive boss is EXACTLY the same and easier to find; it's 1.5 inches long."

After some research, the Sym 50 is a 1E40QMB, which is a taiwan 2-smoker.
I would imagine the Kymco ZX50 boss should work. :meh:
Give it a try - http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/000 ... embly.html

Good luck

HueJass Build

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:12 pm 
GET some speed. 8)

HueJass Build

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 pm 
.45 JHP wrote:

WTF my buddy had the same issue.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73655

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=79193
ConElite for Mod 2016!!!!

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:18 pm 
ConElite wrote:
.45 JHP wrote:

WTF my buddy had the same issue.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73655

I just put in the 9/16" machine washer before the variator on the shaft, the thinnest one possible. I flip it over about every 3K. They are just a few pennies.

HueJass Build

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:27 am 
bump for dudes hitting 35....

HueJass Build

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am 
Here is a little shaving I did. Shaft or nipper (Part that comes into contact with Boss) was not touched. Got rid of the hump and squared the nipple as best as possible. The Nipple is now the same diameter as the boss and variator comes in contact with driveface for COMPLETE top gear. Ill post pics of that later today.
Higher speed with No loss of low end and overall better acceleration since I changed the ramp angle at about 20% out from the center of the driveface.

This I believe is the Proper way to shave your driveface. Shaving the nipple causes the driveface to sit closer to the variator which hurts to low end.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=79193
ConElite for Mod 2016!!!!

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:39 am 
most of the time the rollers cant push it out far enough to take advantage of shaving the outer dia
and if it does push it far enough you will see crazy wear on the face and variator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next