Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:03 pm 
Psshhhtt Big Bore Schmig Bore... I am an elite elitist (but I don't own an elite)... I have stock motor with great suksess! Wowwewewow!

FrankiurRuckus wrote:
Get out of the game, cause this shit will make you eat ramen and starve your children bro.

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 pm 
I just finished an Epic Ride from here to another town about 75 miles away and back, a two day ride with a MAJOR climb and a max elevation of 4585ft from a start of 1500ft. I can tell you that even with a 75 main and the air/fuel turned all the way lean, I still was VERY rich at anything above 3800 ft. I honestly don't think that the PC20 is a good carb for high altitude and stock motors.

It was a blast though... :D

FrankiurRuckus wrote:
Get out of the game, cause this shit will make you eat ramen and starve your children bro.

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:43 pm 
Wow three posts in a row... :oops: Sorry guys!
Here is my problem...

My air/fuel screw keeps loosening itself and has fallen out TWICE! I put a piece of tape over it so it can't fall out but now it loosens itself in and kills my tune. So how do I keep it from turning once it is adjusted? Anyone else have this problem? Also-- I've tried the crayon on the threads trick but it just gets hot and melts and then doesn't hold again... :( Frustrating!

FrankiurRuckus wrote:

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:37 am 
plumber's tape?

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=9731&hilit=thunder%27s+ruck

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 am 
ThunderstRuck wrote:
plumber's tape?

That works a lot better than crayon or loctite!

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 am 
seansean wrote:
Wow three posts in a row... :oops: Sorry guys!
Here is my problem...

My air/fuel screw keeps loosening itself and has fallen out TWICE! I put a piece of tape over it so it can't fall out but now it loosens itself in and kills my tune. So how do I keep it from turning once it is adjusted? Anyone else have this problem? Also-- I've tried the crayon on the threads trick but it just gets hot and melts and then doesn't hold again... :( Frustrating!

Are you sure its not your idle speed screw? I havent heard of the mixture screw falling out.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:08 am 
I'm having an issue with the throttle cable that came with the PC20 kit from bowls. It keeps popping out of the top of the carb, causing the ruck to throttle itself. Did I do something wrong? It seems like there should be a way to secure the cable in there better. Any advice would help. Preciate it.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:05 pm 
First off, let me give John at JC Racing a bump for putting together a nice PC20 Carb Kit. Thanks John! Everything you need to get going including replacing the rubber intake adapter with a nice welded one piece aluminum intake (soon to be replaced by his newly developed cast intake).

Onto performance ... put it on the other day and I have been dialing in the tune. Thus far:

2006 Honda Ruckus
Stock Bore
BSS Cam
Polini Variator
5.5g Dr Pulley Weights
Clutch Springs
Met Gears
*** See My Garage for full details
Elevation 500 - 1500 ft
Sheng Wei Carburetor
Current Setup (38 PJ / 89 MJ / Middle Needle Position)

Far better performance! Tune up is 95% of the way there (still watching the plug to get the color right). Excellent throttle response (no bog). Definitely a worth while upgrade. Will post pics of the install soon.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 pm 
texasjunglist wrote:
I'm having an issue with the throttle cable that came with the PC20 kit from bowls. It keeps popping out of the top of the carb, causing the ruck to throttle itself. Did I do something wrong? It seems like there should be a way to secure the cable in there better. Any advice would help. Preciate it.

Not sure about the Bowls cable ... did it come with a rubber boot of sorts for the top of the carb? I have the JC Racing PC20 kit and there is a rubber boot for the top of the carb which holds the cable in place.

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm 
Makin-a-Ruckus wrote:

Onto performance ... put it on the other day and I have been dialing in the tune. Thus far:

2006 Honda Ruckus
Stock Bore
BSS Cam
Polini Variator
5.5g Dr Pulley Weights
Clutch Springs
Met Gears
*** See My Garage for full details
Elevation 500 - 1500 ft
Sheng Wei Carburetor
Current Setup (38 PJ / 89 MJ / Middle Needle Position)

Far better performance! Tune up is 95% of the way there (still watching the plug to get the color right). Excellent throttle response (no bog). Definitely a worth while upgrade. Will post pics of the install soon.

Now maybe the Sheng Wei is different than the Keihin but I have a similar setup motor wise and I fouled a plug running a 88 at about 500ft elev. on a long ride on a rally. Also, about 95% of people running the PC20 need a smaller than stock (35pj) not bigger. Now there are one or two people with stock motors that claim that a MUCH bigger PJ is needed but I tend to believe the people with ways to check the stoichiometric ratio of their Rucks... Keep an eye on it, and a spare plug handy.

FrankiurRuckus wrote:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 am 
yeah, there's a rubber boot, but it keeps working itself loose. Would it be safe to just get the boot on there real good and then superglue it? Electrical tape?

Patron Saint of TR
Patron Saint of TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 am 
texasjunglist wrote:
yeah, there's a rubber boot, but it keeps working itself loose. Would it be safe to just get the boot on there real good and then superglue it? Electrical tape?

I got the same kit and mine's never popped off..... I was thinking there is a little groove on the cable where the rubber boot kinda snaps into...... I know mine is a pain in the ass to try and move it. Are you sure you have enough slack in the cable that you're not pulling on it when you turn???

TT-350z wrote:
thats like me rocking ssbc stickers without meeting stimpy :twisted:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 am 
I think I may actually have too much slack, the stiff steel cable is kind of bunching up under my seat. Trying to put the chase harper bag under the seat isn't really an option right now b/c I'm worried about the cable coming loose. :x Thanks for the advice. I'll mess with it more during lunch.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
 Post subject: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:48 pm 
Please help!

Arunto and I have been workin' with a Sheng Wai pc20 carb on my 2003 Ruck. I bought the carb used and now we're havin' problems...

The jet kit was missing anything in between a 70 and 75. Also, it looks like a gasket is missing on the bottom part of the carb causin' gas to spit out. It keeps boggin' out and now only measures about 32mph when hittin' top speed.

I'm runnin' a stock engine, but with a different filter.

- Any suggestions of what could be the problem?
- Can it not work with a stock engine?
- Anyone know where I can get the gasket for the floaters side of the carb?

Thanks in advance!

Project: FnL

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:00 pm 
2003 Stock engine with different filter, as in inside the airbox filter?

If that is the case a PC20 is more than likely too much carb for your set-up. Even with an open style intake on your set-up, still probably too much.

And yes, the fuel bowl should have a rubber 0-ring style gasket in the groove.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next