Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: ASK HERE FIRST (noob questions)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:52 am 
lilpinny wrote:
e36hamann wrote:
Hi to everybody!

I'm from Russia, so there aren't good info about Zoomer/Ruckus in our place. I have a problem with scooter now. I tryed to start it with button (I remove the kickstarter) and it didn't start. Head and rear ligths with stop lights is of, but fuel pump is working. 2 hours before the scooter started normaly.

What it can be?

Thanks!

does is turn over when you hit the button, or just does nothing? Check your fuses.

Hi! It doesn't start, I can't check what will be after pressing the button. All fuses is ok. I was realy surprised, when it didn't start two days ago. Now I'am in garage, try to start it by feet.

UPDATE.
I've back the Kickstarter and scooter is started. It works normally before I turn it off by key. The button is do nothing. No one lights work - head, rear, stop and turn lights is off.

5-0 Magnet
5-0 Magnet
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:05 am 
Test the battery. Check battery connections. Check grounds.

n00bie

Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:32 am 
Hi! Grounds, battery and it connections are ok. After searching the information about problem like mine, I've found some solutions. All of them talking about stabilitron (zener diod). If it's broke, the scooter doesn't start normally and secondary electrics doesn't work (lights, horn and button start). I will buy one new at the next week. Let's see, what will do)

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am 
e36hamann wrote:
Hi! Grounds, battery and it connections are ok. After searching the information about problem like mine, I've found some solutions. All of them talking about stabilitron (zener diod). If it's broke, the scooter doesn't start normally and secondary electrics doesn't work (lights, horn and button start). I will buy one new at the next week. Let's see, what will do)

When changing controls one time I pinched the wires running from the starter to the battery box. It wouldn't start and then when corrected it shorted out. Maybe something along the lines got messed up.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

n00bie

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:53 pm 
Hey guys, brand new to the forum and completely new to the ruck world. I have a couple questions as far as performance goes... which variator is the best for top end speed? should i get a kit with clutch, variator and springs or just buy them seperately? nibbi has a kit for $125 with everything or i was gunna do NCY kit with everything (suggestions)? and I can hit 55mph on flat roads all day but i have a stock cvt, everything is stock. will upgrading variator increase my top end? im running 3 14g and 3 11.5 gram weights in my stock variator right now. I just really wanna buy something and im not sure what to buy as far as performance wise, please help a brotha out!!

Nibbi 28mm pwk
working on more...

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:10 pm 
phuley94 wrote:
Hey guys, brand new to the forum and completely new to the ruck world. I have a couple questions as far as performance goes... which variator is the best for top end speed? should i get a kit with clutch, variator and springs or just buy them seperately? nibbi has a kit for $125 with everything or i was gunna do NCY kit with everything (suggestions)? and I can hit 55mph on flat roads all day but i have a stock cvt, everything is stock. will upgrading variator increase my top end? im running 3 14g and 3 11.5 gram weights in my stock variator right now. I just really wanna buy something and im not sure what to buy as far as performance wise, please help a brotha out!!

You can get all that stuff at once, if you want, but I'd only change one thing at a time. If you change everything at once and it performs worse, which happens, you don't know what did it. Changing the transmission changes the characteristics of the engine... you can give more acceleration or more top end, or somewhere in between. You just gotta toy with it to see what works best for you, your size and your riding conditions. I prefer more acceleration cause I like to jump out in front of cars at lights and pull away... but that's just me.

Most people start with the weights (or better yet, sliders). You can search the forum for everyones opinions and test runs on that. That topic has been talked to death. Then once that is sorted out, maybe the varilator... maybe. Then the clutch and contra spring. On my GY6 I've only changed the sliders, the varilator and the drive face. The sliders give you the biggest bang for the buck, everything else is small changes. The contra spring keeps it in gear at WOT and prevents the belt from slipping down.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

n00bie

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:44 pm 
believe it or not im running 11.5 g sliders and 14 g rollers and get 55 mph top end no problem. im 165 lbs but im thinking about getting a new variator, im not too fond on getting a new clutch but i just wanna be able to get to about 70 mph top end so i can keep up/ pass cars if theyre going too slow in my town. my acceleration right now is right where i want it, i can get from stop to top speed really quick but i just want to be able to cruise faster in my top end than i am right now. whats the best option for me you think?

Nibbi 28mm pwk
working on more...

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:24 pm 
you'll need a way to make sure you are pushing max power at WOT. You can tune the carb using a tach and by ear or use something more precise like a AFR gauge or pay someone to put it on a dyno. You'll trade acceleration for top end speed. You'll get more speed by tuning the carb right than by putting on other parts... that'll just add a little. Try all 10gms then try all 14 gms and see what that does. Search around on the site using google and you can see what others experiences are.

Best way is to start a build thread, so people can see what you are working with. List everything, all mods, jet sizes, etc etc.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

n00bie

Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:44 pm 
i started out with all 14g rollers and i could get to 50 mph max and when i switched to 11.5 g rollers it was about 52 mph max. now that i have both mixed (11.5g sliders and 14g rollers) my max speed that ive seen is 57mph. i dont have a tach or anything else on my ruck besides a gps nav that tells me what im currently doing mph wise. I have 32 and a 115 jets in my 28mm nibbi carb and it seems to work out really well. i might go up a size but my engine runs perfectly from no throttle to 100% throttle so i kinda dont want to mess anything up. next weekend i am gunna take it to vegas and put it on the dyno but in the meantime i really want to get anything possible before then so they can tune everything then. and how to i start a build thread? i know nothing hah im brand new to all of this stuff

Nibbi 28mm pwk
working on more...

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 pm 
Have some different jet sizes ready to install. I'm not totally familiar with that carb, but everyone knows a PWK.

Have them dyno it a few times over a week.

I don't think you'll get a chance to change sliders (and use sliders) while they are tuning. But I don't think that'll make a difference in your AFR.

What I've noticed is that I don't hit top speeds until I've been our riding for a while, like an hour, and the weather has to be good. If it's humid I won't max out.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Sith Slayer
Sith Slayer
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:29 pm 
take the gy6 stuff to the proper sub forum

49cc-Sith Slayer-Mechanically disadvantaged-130 rear/2 shoe clutch
66cc-Annakin
49cc-2007 Honda Metropolitan- gonna make it super cute, build thread to come

Its easier to tell the truth than to defend a lie.......for some.

75/49 Founder