Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: ASK HERE FIRST (noob questions)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:50 pm 
Yeah, maybe. It's still odd. Hell, just add it to the list of things I can't figure out.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 pm 
So today I changed the oil, drive belt, fuel filter, and spark plug. I drained and refilled the gas tank. I also checked the variator weights and pulled the carb to clean it and to fully inspect the carb isolator. Everything seems perfectly fine.

Took the bike out for a ride, and nothing has changed. It still will not rev past about 8500, which gives it sluggish acceleration and low top speed. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now, and I'm no closer to figuring out what's going on. Ugh.

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Living room mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:25 pm 
What are the options for attaching rim to hub? I have a machined machines hub and wheel, I don't really want big ass bulky lug nuts, would like some nice Allen head screwed in type, which I guess would removing the studs in the hub...... help me

fuck.

n00bie

Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:46 am 
Hey all,

I’ve seen a question like this asked before but I’d like to get a little more specific info. Right now my Ruckus is completely stock, save a Chanito windshield and slick tires. It tops out around 43 and I have no complaints. Though I'm not the most mechanically-oriented person, I'm being meticulous about maintenance. I do a lot of long rides, 100 - 300 miles at a time. Even though I love the GET I'm interested in certain modifications that could increase top speed, but not if they effect the longevity and reliability of my scooter. I don't want shit to break 200 miles from home. With that in mind, my question is which mods would be safe for me to implement (in terms of reliability), and which should be avoided?

Some mods I'm interested in are:

1. Removing floor plastic and finishing the frame with truck bed liner spray
2. Lithium battery
3. Kevlar belt (I know there's no harm in this mod)
4. Polini Variator (I understand these have a somewhat limited life?)
5. Air intake/rejetting (I would have to do a rain-proof setup)
6. CDI (are higher-than stock RPM bad for the engine in the long term?)

Thanks for your feedback,

Ben

5-0 Magnet
5-0 Magnet
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:29 am 
Those are all safe and shouldn't effect reliability. The cdi may kill your electric start. Seems like it depends on how it's wired. The higher rpms don't hurt..just don't hold it at 10.5k plus. For every day riding you'll be fine. Change your oil frequently. Your variator can wear out, but it'll take a very long time.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:30 pm 
squareback wrote:
Yep, when P-Dub suggested the carb isolator, I sprayed everything with carb cleaner and found no leaks. I haven't checked the exhaust gasket, but I'd be able to hear that if it was leaking. The weather didn't change dramatically that day, but it wouldn't explain why it has been this way ever since.

I noticed something weird over the last few days. I drove to work, and the bike was the same as it has been. My commute is 8 miles, all 25-35 MPH city blocks except for the last 1.5 miles, which goes up to 45 MPH. That last part is very, very slightly uphill going to work and downhill coming home. When going to work (uphill), the bike struggled to get up to speed and eventually hit the rev limiter at the normal 42 MPH. On the way home (downhill), the bike hit 45 MPH but never hit the rev limiter. Someone want to explain that?

This issue has been going on for about 10 days now, and I'm getting pretty frustrated with it. I did order the stuff I need for the tune up, so I can at least do that.

So I did the tuneup just to see if it was something there and to give me an excuse to go through the whole drivetrain. I didn't find any issues, and the tuneup didn't help anything. I've now been dealing with this for a month with no sign of the actual cause. In short, the bike just refuses to rev past about 8600 RPM, resulting in slow acceleration and a low top speed. The problem started suddenly, with no warning and for no apparent reason. I'm out of ideas.

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Location: the land of cotton... old times here are not forgotten
Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:34 pm 
So you have a tach on it?

How to post pictures <- clicky

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:46 pm 
Yep, TTO.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

The way it should be Living room mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:28 am 
squareback wrote:
So today I changed the oil, drive belt, fuel filter, and spark plug. I drained and refilled the gas tank. I also checked the variator weights and pulled the carb to clean it and to fully inspect the carb isolator. Everything seems perfectly fine.

Took the bike out for a ride, and nothing has changed. It still will not rev past about 8500, which gives it sluggish acceleration and low top speed. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now, and I'm no closer to figuring out what's going on. Ugh.

Mine did the same but it was the insulator. Guess it had a small crack that I couldn't see. But carb cleaner sprayed on it would get in barely. You say you've done that. How many miles does it have on it? Maybe clutch slipping? Is the belt riding all the way up the variator? 6 gram weights are way to heavy for me. With my blue clutch spring I'm running 5 gram sliders. But before the clutch I was running 5.6 rollers and it hit 48 mph. I'm also 6'2" 285 lbs. I run a 82 jet and it works great. Maybe try a bigger jet and a lighter roller. Sometimes I feel like my bike is still running like crap from the air leak but its all mental the gps says otherwise.

Build 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=107092

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:08 pm 
Anybody Have a Good Jet Setup For Above 3700ft above sea level Ive Found that 38S78M with shim needle is working best for me get between 40-47mph On A Good day, the winds been bad lately making me go only 32-40mph, Or If Anyone Has any advice on what could help battle the wind resistance and allow me to go faster.

"Should of got a GY6 from the GET go"

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:22 pm 
QJRUCKIN66 wrote:
... any advice on what could help battle the wind resistance and allow me to go faster.

Windscreen; leg shields

2016 48 Hours of Ruckus Winner

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:33 am 
P-Dub wrote:
QJRUCKIN66 wrote:
... any advice on what could help battle the wind resistance and allow me to go faster.

Windscreen; leg shields

Duck. If you're hitting 45-47, you're already doing great. When I first got my ruck I tried rejetting at 10k ft and it was -5*F outside. Not fun.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:28 pm 
squareback wrote:

How many miles ?

Will it spin free up to the limiter on stand with wheel off the ground ? Or with the variator and drive face off, just crank turning ?

Build Thread: 2013 NPS50 'Too Slow For You'<-Sold :cry:

n00bie

Years on TR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 am 
Hi to everybody!

I'm from Russia, so there aren't good info about Zoomer/Ruckus in our place. I have a problem with scooter now. I tryed to start it with button (I remove the kickstarter) and it didn't start. Head and rear ligths with stop lights is of, but fuel pump is working. 2 hours before the scooter started normaly.

What it can be?

Thanks!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:59 am 
e36hamann wrote:
Hi to everybody!

I'm from Russia, so there aren't good info about Zoomer/Ruckus in our place. I have a problem with scooter now. I tryed to start it with button (I remove the kickstarter) and it didn't start. Head and rear ligths with stop lights is of, but fuel pump is working. 2 hours before the scooter started normaly.

What it can be?

Thanks!

does is turn over when you hit the button, or just does nothing? Check your fuses.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet